What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:50 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:The theory Goku is stronger than the original SSG-form in base, and is able to stack the original SSG-multiplier or Blue-multiplier on top of that.
That's a divine monster that makes the Grand Priests panties go wet.
And it creates an issue in that characters throughout the series from the BOG arc onwards all jump to being WAYYY stronger than initially believed, and that the Grand Priest himself would ultimately end up a million times stronger in order to keep in line with that fact that he's still the strongest fighter in all the universes. According to this theory, If you were to combine the power level of every mortal being in U7 then they'd still be weaker than the Grand Priest by a long shot, and that is a truly terrifying thought to behold. Even if Cell or Boo had absorbed every living being in U7, they'd still fall way short of being able to challenge the Great Priest. :wtf:
The idea of the Grand Priest being stronger than everyone in Universe 7 combined isn't really that unbelievable. I'd bet that at least 80% of that power comes from Whis, Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, and Broly. So Daishinkan just has to be stronger than those 6 combined plus a bit extra.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:04 pm

zarmack wrote:Saiyan beyond-God was retconned
It is very obvious that Saiyan Beyond God was retconned from the movies. Goku and Vegeta don't have God Ki and we receive no indication that they are stronger than SSG in their "Base" form.
Everything in the Super Anime (and some of the manga) suggests that theory is true. From Beerus's comments about Goku & Vegeta's power in their base forms while training with Whis at the start of the RoF arc, to Base Copy-Vegeta casually stomping SSJ3 Gotenks, to Base Broly being able to fight SSB level fighters and many other things.
No, the ONLY thing in the anime that indicates it is posisble Goku's Base is stronger than Super Saiyan God in the anime is that he punched the SoD out of existence where his SSJ form couldn't. But then the verbatim used immediately afterwards with "power beyond limits" and what not implies it to be a temporary boost and the fact we don't get any confirmation during RoF that his base had surpassed SSG corroborates that. Base Vegeta>SSJ3 Gotenks is not even remotely an indication that their Base form is stronger than SSG. Their Base form can be stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks while simultaneously being weaker than SSG considering the unfathomably large gap that exists between them.
Mister_Popo wrote: The theory Goku is stronger than the original SSG-form in base, and is able to stack the original SSG-multiplier or Blue-multiplier on top of that.
While obviously they are wrong, I don't think that really fits this thread tht well because I can see how people can see that. It isn't really that stupid.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:39 pm

PFM18 wrote:
zarmack wrote:Saiyan beyond-God was retconned
It is very obvious that Saiyan Beyond God was retconned from the movies. Goku and Vegeta don't have God Ki and we receive no indication that they are stronger than SSG in their "Base" form.
Everything in the Super Anime (and some of the manga) suggests that theory is true. From Beerus's comments about Goku & Vegeta's power in their base forms while training with Whis at the start of the RoF arc, to Base Copy-Vegeta casually stomping SSJ3 Gotenks, to Base Broly being able to fight SSB level fighters and many other things.
No, the ONLY thing in the anime that indicates it is posisble Goku's Base is stronger than Super Saiyan God in the anime is that he punched the SoD out of existence where his SSJ form couldn't. But then the verbatim used immediately afterwards with "power beyond limits" and what not implies it to be a temporary boost and the fact we don't get any confirmation during RoF that his base had surpassed SSG corroborates that. Base Vegeta>SSJ3 Gotenks is not even remotely an indication that their Base form is stronger than SSG. Their Base form can be stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks while simultaneously being weaker than SSG considering the unfathomably large gap that exists between them.
Mister_Popo wrote: The theory Goku is stronger than the original SSG-form in base, and is able to stack the original SSG-multiplier or Blue-multiplier on top of that.
While obviously they are wrong, I don't think that really fits this thread tht well because I can see how people can see that. It isn't really that stupid.

So Vegeta needed SSJ to fight Katopesla.
If one would assumed he needed a transformation that even surpasses BOG SSG to do that ...
A guy in a suit that's stronger than the power SSG Goku used against Beerus?

True Form Freeza deals better with Dyspo than Goku who even needed Blue to face Dyspo (SSG wasn't enough), while he only stalemated 'base Goku' in ROF.

I don't think it's stupid when you don't see this at once. Heck even i needed to be confronted with the facts one day.
But if you refuse to see this while the arguments have been put on the table so many times before on different boards and threads, i don't know man ...

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:So Vegeta needed SSJ to fight Katopesla.
If one would assumed he needed a transformation that even surpasses BOG SSG to do that ...
A guy in a suit that's stronger than the power SSG Goku used against Beerus?
Yes. At the end of the day the guy is one of the strongest fighters in his Universe and one of the 80 strongest fighters in the Multiverse. You can't just arbitrarily decide he can't be that strong based on the fact that he is "a guy in a suit."
True Form Freeza deals better with Dyspo than Goku who even needed Blue to face Dyspo (SSG wasn't enough), while he only stalemated 'base Goku' in ROF.
First, that's not even true he was mostly using SSG against Dyspo. And that was given an explanation. Freeza did as well as he did because Dyspo's movements were linear and predictable. Not because he was as strong as him or as strong as SSG. If there was any doubt from that scene as far as where Final Form Freeza stands, it becomes clear that he is Base/SSJ tier in the final scene of the ToP.
Heck even i needed to be confronted with the facts one day.
If you call you speculating about two scenes "confronted with the facts" then I think we have dramatically different definitions of what that actually means.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:16 pm

DBS is just inconsistent in terms of powerscaling.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:The idea of the Grand Priest being stronger than everyone in Universe 7 combined isn't really that unbelievable. I'd bet that at least 80% of that power comes from Whis, Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, and Broly. So Daishinkan just has to be stronger than those 6 combined plus a bit extra.
Its worth noting that Cell absorbing several thousand human beings with single digit PLs boosted him to such a level that he could tank a charged up Ki blast without even a scratch from Kamiccolo, a foe he could not have beaten only days prior. Imagine if Cell had absorbed every being with an absorbable body in the entire universe? Trillions of beings with varying BP ranging from single digit to multi-digit. Or imagine if Boo had done that? There's no telling what kind of crazy amount you'd get from absorbing a universe's entire population.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:DBS is just inconsistent in terms of powerscaling.

Yes, i have my own headcanon explaining some of these inconsistencies, but i also highly doubt the writers intented it to be that way.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:40 am

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:The idea of the Grand Priest being stronger than everyone in Universe 7 combined isn't really that unbelievable. I'd bet that at least 80% of that power comes from Whis, Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, and Broly. So Daishinkan just has to be stronger than those 6 combined plus a bit extra.
Its worth noting that Cell absorbing several thousand human beings with single digit PLs boosted him to such a level that he could tank a charged up Ki blast without even a scratch from Kamiccolo, a foe he could not have beaten only days prior.
I always considered that to be just another inconsistency. After all, the Genki Dama charged with nearly all of the life energy of every single person on Earth, plus all of the energy from the Z-senshi, was still too weak to stop Kid Buu without Goku being at SSJ3.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:57 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I always considered that to be just another inconsistency. After all, the Genki Dama charged with nearly all of the life energy of every single person on Earth, plus all of the energy from the Z-senshi, was still too weak to stop Kid Buu without Goku being at SSJ3.
Absorbing a being's entire form probably gives the absorbing party a greater boost than taking in simple donated energy, its kind of like how Galactus wouldn't just eat the raw energy found all around an inhabited planet, but the entire planet itself.
Boo's feat can be attributed to Goku at that point having virtually no pushing power behind the Genki Dama, and the fact that Boo had infinite stamina, regenerating any damage it may have been inflicting on him, and a good foothold to push a now-motionless sphere of Ki back.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:55 am

- Lunch is a saiyan
- Humans can go SSJ (because Saiyans & Humans have a common ancestor)
- Toriyama was forced to take Gohan's starring role in the Buu arc away
- Jiren was secretly training Goku & Vegeta for a Divine War in the ToP
- Toriyama hates Vegeta
- Broly killed Jiren's parents

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Well someone just told me that Buu arc Vegetto>Kefla so I figure this was perfect for this thread...

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Kaio-Ken being inspired by SSG, this is an old one nobody says anymore but around the time BoG was a relevant discussion topic, I saw it around a lot.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:Well someone just told me that Buu arc Vegetto>Kefla so I figure this was perfect for this thread...
Well Kefla SSJ was equal to Gohan in manga. Anime Kefla is a different case because Goku needed UI to beat her.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:12 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Well someone just told me that Buu arc Vegetto>Kefla so I figure this was perfect for this thread...
Well Kefla SSJ was equal to Gohan in manga. Anime Kefla is a different case because Goku needed UI to beat her.
yeah and in the manga, trying to sift through it's garbage scaling, it should be a similar case where Kefla dwarfs Buu arc Vegetto.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Some other dumb theories I've heard:

1. Goku got the hear virus on Namek
2. Android 17 married Lunch and adopted Uub
3. Bulma's mom is an Android
4. Jiren himself killed his parents (and is in denial)
5. Any Z-fighter being secretly gay (most common with yaoi fangirls)
6. Goku Black is Future Goku
7. GT Goku was sandbagging the whole series and that base GT Goku is the strongest character in the franchise.

Also, not really dumb but still false is the theory of Offense UI and & Defense UI.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:58 pm

zarmack wrote:3. Bulma's mom is an Android
But how else would she not age?? :D :D :D

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Even manga Kefla would destroy Buu arc Vegito with ease, because manga Kale alone at her peak is CSSB level.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:20 pm

zarmack wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Even manga Kefla would destroy Buu arc Vegito with ease, because manga Kale alone at her peak is CSSB level.
Kale was beating SSJB and Golden Frieza, but Kefla for some dumb reason was struggling with Gohan.
And nothing will convince me that Gohan is stronger than SSJ Blue Goku or Golden Frieza. He isn't anywhere near their level.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 am

Here some others dumb theories I've heard in the internet:
    -Fasha is Goku's Mother
      -Goku Black killed Jiren's parents
        -Android 17 adopted Uub
          -Hit has a clone in the ToP
            -The Great Priest is evil.

Lukmendes
            Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:57 am

zarmack wrote:- Humans can go SSJ (because Saiyans & Humans have a common ancestor)
            I wonder if someone who believes that Yamcha is Gohan's father used that to explain why Gohan can go SS lol.
            sunsetshimmer wrote:
            Manga Gohan is specificaly said to have gotten stronger during ToP itself, which even Goku is surprised with, it's trash to make Gohan that strong with such a bad explanation, but she's still way above DBZ-level of characters.
            zarmack wrote: 5. Any Z-fighter being secretly gay (most common with yaoi fangirls)
            Probably was mentioned here, but reminds me of the theory that male saiyans can reproduce with each other.
            jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.