What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Frieza killed goku on namek

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Lunch is a (super) saiyan
Cell uses A17 & A18 organs to create Cell Jrs.
Buu was a God of Destruction
Goku and Vegeta are related
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:08 pm

ricky84 wrote:Buu was a God of Destruction
Nah, Cell and Gotenks were.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Panchy (Mrs Briefs) is an Artificial Human created by Dr Briefs because he was too busy running Capsule Corporation to find a wife.

The only piece of evidence was that "Dr Gero made #18 and she can have kids, so why can't Dr Briefs do the same?" (and implies that Dr Gero made #18 from scratch and that she wasn't originally human like she is).

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:46 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
And Luud and Omega Shenron
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:46 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
And Luud and Omega Shenron
Man, someone should do a crack fic where these four guys really are Hakaishin in the same vein as Beerus just for WTF reactions :lol:

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Pantalones wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Another really dumb theory that was mostly popular with the yaoi crowds was that saiyans reproduce homosexually :lol:
Oh man, I actually remember stumbling across some people (on a Pokémon forum, of all places) talking about this waaay back in the day when I wasn't even into DBZ yet. Apparently they hadn't seen the Bardock special because they seemed to be under the impression that no female Saiyans had appeared, and thus maybe they didn't need female Saiyans to reproduce.

/quote]

Why I’m not here to defend mpreg fetishist, the series does itself no favors by almost exclusively only showing male saiyans: Goku, Radditz, Nappa, Vegeta, King Vegeta, Bardock, Paragus, Brolly, Turles. Even the generic flashbacks seem to only show off male saiyans in the background. Maybe if they had actually shown more female saiyans outside of Fasha in the Bardock special

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:37 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Pantalones wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Another really dumb theory that was mostly popular with the yaoi crowds was that saiyans reproduce homosexually :lol:
Oh man, I actually remember stumbling across some people (on a Pokémon forum, of all places) talking about this waaay back in the day when I wasn't even into DBZ yet. Apparently they hadn't seen the Bardock special because they seemed to be under the impression that no female Saiyans had appeared, and thus maybe they didn't need female Saiyans to reproduce.

/quote]

Why I’m not here to defend mpreg fetishist, the series does itself no favors by almost exclusively only showing male saiyans: Goku, Radditz, Nappa, Vegeta, King Vegeta, Bardock, Paragus, Brolly, Turles. Even the generic flashbacks seem to only show off male saiyans in the background. Maybe if they had actually shown more female saiyans outside of Fasha in the Bardock special
There were actually a few more female saiyans in the background of the Bardock special (like in the bar scene) as well as the filler involving King Vegeta.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:12 am

1. Turles is Goku's brother.
The confusion caused by various media only perpetuated this theory.
Even Dragon Ball Wiki has Turles listed as Raditz and Goku's brother because of that Japanese pamphlet.
I can't wait for Kanzenshuu's wiki to be up and running.
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Frieza killed goku on namek
I believed this one. The anime did not help the matter.
The dragon grants the wish to restore everyone killed by Freeza, then Goku rises from the water.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:41 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
The dragon grants the wish to restore everyone killed by Freeza, then Goku rises from the water.
That was an anime only thing. In the manga, he got up right after he was kicked down. Not to mention he had already been wished back before with the earth dragon balls and he couldn't be brought back again.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:30 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
That was an anime only thing. In the manga, he got up right after he was kicked down. Not to mention he had already been wished back before with the earth dragon balls and he couldn't be brought back again.
Well not only that but it wasn't even a thing in the anime. He stays down so that Gohan has a window to come in and try to fight Frieza before Goku returns to the fray; it wouldn't be possible if Goku got right back up because he would have told Gohan to leave as soon as he arrived.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:54 am

Freeza is the first planet buster in the series is a good one

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 am

PFM18 wrote:Freeza is the first planet buster in the series is a good one
Well he is the first one we see actually doing it, outside of filler...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Freeza is the first planet buster in the series is a good one
Well he is the first one we see actually doing it, outside of filler...
that's exactly the argument that people use....

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:29 pm

- The series was meant to end at Namek
- Toriyama was forced to make Goku the protagonist again in the Buu arc
- Toriyama has nothing to do with any of the filler
- Toriyama hates Vegeta
- SSJ5
- Trunks and Pan get married after GT

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 pm

At the moment, I only recall two and they really are dumb:
-Goten is Black
-Hit's clone

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Gohan was fighting Kefla in base form and chose not to STACK ssj2 on top of base because he wanted nothing to do with saiyans

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:32 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Gohan was fighting Kefla in base form and chose not to STACK ssj2 on top of base because he wanted nothing to do with saiyans
The whole "I'm a Human" thing with Gohan in the manga is really dumb, especially since we all know that its his Saiyan dna that got him as far as he is.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:36 pm

ricky84 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Gohan was fighting Kefla in base form and chose not to STACK ssj2 on top of base because he wanted nothing to do with saiyans
The whole "I'm a Human" thing with Gohan in the manga is really dumb, especially since we all know that its his Saiyan dna that got him as far as he is.
Except thats not what he even said "i choose to evolve as a human" = not relying on transformations. He never once said i'm this strong cause i'm a human. I don't know if viz flubbed the translation or Toyotaro wrote it weirdly but the gist is the same as the anime. He's not looking to color his hair red or blue or pink

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:47 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Except thats not what he even said "i choose to evolve as a human" = not relying on transformations. He never once said i'm this strong cause i'm a human. I don't know if viz flubbed the translation or Toyotaro wrote it weirdly but the gist is the same as the anime. He's not looking to color his hair red or blue or pink
That's still dumb, because with or without transforms its his saiyan dna that makes him powerful, not his human side.