What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 pm

ricky84 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
The whole "I'm a Human" thing with Gohan in the manga is really dumb, especially since we all know that its his Saiyan dna that got him as far as he is.
Except thats not what he even said "i choose to evolve as a human" = not relying on transformations. He never once said i'm this strong cause i'm a human. I don't know if viz flubbed the translation or Toyotaro wrote it weirdly but the gist is the same as the anime. He's not looking to color his hair red or blue or pink
That's still dumb, because with or without transforms its his saiyan dna that makes him powerful, not his human side.
But thats not what he was saying. Essentially humans get stronger without changing hair color/transforming. Gohan doesn't want to rely on that anymore. I agree it was written wonky but the meaning can still be picked out. Now considering he's not in the movie, i have no idea why that line was even in both versions but thats a seperate thread

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Freeza is the first planet buster in the series is a good one
Well he is the first one we see actually doing it, outside of filler...
that's exactly the argument that people use....
So then you know why they might say that.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:09 pm

- Goku was holding back against Cell
- GT Goku in the ToP
- The world would be better off without Goku
- Goku pretends to be stupid
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:59 am

If you were to go back in time 10 years and tell the fandom the crazy theories being spouting in 2016, "Goten is Black" would be the most perplexing without any context. :)

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:12 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Well he is the first one we see actually doing it, outside of filler...
that's exactly the argument that people use....
So then you know why they might say that.
It's completely and totally ridiculous. Just because people use the same awful argument doesn't mean it isn't a dumb theory

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Anything that tries to paint the Saiyans as victims of some kind of abuse, brainwashing,.... to try and absolve them of the fact they're a genocidal race who get off on murdering and destroying things. Goku himself admits the Saiyans deserved to die for the countless innocent people they killed when he fights Freeza, they aren't good people and sure as hell not victims for you to pity or justify.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:36 pm

ricky84 wrote: - GT Goku in the ToP
GT being one of universes in ToP was overall retarded theory.
The same goes for GT being one of the erased universes.

People just coudn't understand how those universes in DBS worked and that there is no other Goku in U6 or any other universe.
They thought universes work as timelines just like they did in that sad and unofficial Multiverse thing.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Anything that tries to paint the Saiyans as victims of some kind of abuse, brainwashing,.... to try and absolve them of the fact they're a genocidal race who get off on murdering and destroying things. Goku himself admits the Saiyans deserved to die for the countless innocent people they killed when he fights Freeza, they aren't good people and sure as hell not victims for you to pity or justify.
Then again, things like the story of Yamoshi and characters like Gine show what the U7 saiyans could have been like under different circumstances. Plus, if Vegeta was able to change, who is to say most of the other U7 saiyans couldn't become good people?

Also, Goku himself begins to embrace his saiyan heritage after he gets that internal monologue from Vegeta and the other saiyans during his fight with Freeza.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:17 pm

ricky84 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Anything that tries to paint the Saiyans as victims of some kind of abuse, brainwashing,.... to try and absolve them of the fact they're a genocidal race who get off on murdering and destroying things. Goku himself admits the Saiyans deserved to die for the countless innocent people they killed when he fights Freeza, they aren't good people and sure as hell not victims for you to pity or justify.
Then again, things like the story of Yamoshi and characters like Gine show what the U7 saiyans could have been like under different circumstances. Plus, if Vegeta was able to change, who is to say most of the other U7 saiyans couldn't become good people?

Also, Goku himself begins to embrace his saiyan heritage after he gets that internal monologue from Vegeta and the other saiyans during his fight with Freeza.
Could've doesn't excuse what they were: a vicious warrior race who relished murder and destruction, any and all attempts to try and make that Freeza's fault somehow oozes bullshit to me, especially when it's also part of their backstory that they committed genocide way before ever meeting Freeza on the Tsufurians!

NovaSayajinGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by NovaSayajinGoku » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:40 pm

The whole Story of Dragonball, was a Dream of Kid Goku, While he was in a coma after his fall.

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:15 pm

NovaSayajinGoku wrote:The whole Story of Dragonball, was a Dream of Kid Goku, While he was in a coma after his fall.
I've heard a similar one, except those were Goku's last thoughts when he was dying after Bulma shot him.

The dumbest one would be that Goku didn't mean kissing, but feeding a senzu mouth to mouth.
Akira Toriyama wrote:As a rule, there is no such thing as a theme in my work.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:34 pm

- Broly was inside of Magetta (where the hell did people get that from?)
- Kefla is only Buu saga level in power
- The Future Trunks in the Black arc isn't the same one from the Cell arc
- Zamasu gave Goku the heart virus
- Zeno is omnipotent

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:01 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:People just coudn't understand how those universes in DBS worked and that there is no other Goku in U6 or any other universe.
Well, except for Goku Black, of course.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:People just coudn't understand how those universes in DBS worked and that there is no other Goku in U6 or any other universe.
But Black, like GT Goku, is a product of multiple time lines.

I’m shore you know all this but I’d like to explain.

There are two types of multiverse in Dragon Ball. There is the infinite multiverse of time lines and the 12 parallel universes that Zen-Oh rules over.

It’s best to visualise it as the temporal multiverse (our universe, trunk’s, Goku Black’s, GT and the movies) as being all staked on top of each other, while the 12 primary universes exist side by side.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

There are two types of multiverse in Dragon Ball. There is the infinite multiverse of time lines and the 12 parallel universes that Zen-Oh rules over.

It’s best to visualise it as the temporal multiverse (our universe, trunk’s, Goku Black’s, GT and the movies) as being all staked on top of each other, while the 12 primary universes exist side by side.
Ehh, that isn't really true since the Future Trunks arc pretty explicitly says only 4 (5?) other timelines exist, all of which are made by the various shenanigans involving the FT & Cell arcs. At best, you could MAYBE say GT happens in the unseen timeline.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

Ehh, that isn't really true since the Future Trunks arc pretty explicitly says only 4 (5?) other timelines exist, all of which are made by the various shenanigans involving the FT & Cell arcs. At best, you could MAYBE say GT happens in the unseen timeline.
I include them purely as part of the wider db continuity, if anyone wants to include them at all.

In the main cannon of the manga and super, yes only a handful of known timelines exist created by Trunks, Cell, Black and at least one other unknown person.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:08 pm

- Goku caught the Heart Virus on Namek
- Freeza was Planet Vegeta's Guardian (like Kami and Dende)
- Saiyans and Humans are closely related, therefore the humans can go SSJ
- Any of the Z-fighters being closet homosexuals (Tien is the most commonly assumed one)
- Bulma is (part) Tuffle
- Lunch is Android 17's wife

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Someone was trying to convince me that:

ToP Base Goku>Sidra

because he didn't die from the tiny little hakai energy ball that Sidra gave his assassins. I think that fits this thread really well

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:45 pm

ricky84 wrote: - Bulma is (part) Tuffle
HOW? WHY?
I mean why would anyone ever think like that, not to mention Tuffles are filler race which already proves this thing to be totally impossible.
Bulma indeed became (kind of) a Tuffle when Baby infected her, but it was for entire Earth, not just her.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:39 am

- GT Piccolo = Omega Shenron in power
- Nappa is equal to Madara from Naruto
- Gohan became the Great Saiyaman because of the Ginyu Force
- Toriyama said Power Levels are bullshit