Questions about post oozuru Vegeta.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Questions about post oozuru Vegeta.

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm

How strong was he post oozuru
After the spirit bomb
How strong the spirit bomb was
How strong Gohan was when he faced Vegeta
After Gohan landed on him

Dragon Ball Daisuki
Beyond Newbie

Re: Questions about post oozuru Vegeta.

Post by Dragon Ball Daisuki » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:22 pm

I’ll take a stab at this!

As a reference point, Goku says a 5x Kaio-Ken wouldn’t work against Vegeta after he’s transformed, so assuming Goku’s Base hasn’t fallen too much, Vegeta should be at least 40,000 when transformed and 4,000 when depowered.

As far as an upper limit, we can probably infer that Vegeta’s supposed to be weaker overall than Goku after creating the Power Ball, given Goku’s comments. It isn’t stated outright, but the impression I get is that Vegeta seemingly put himself at a disadvantage against Goku if it were not for the transformation.

So now we have 40,000-80,000 transformed, and 4,000-8,000 in base for Vegeta. I prefer to split the difference and put Vegeta’s forms at 60,000 and 6,000, respectively.

For Gohan, I’m going to rely a little more on conjecture. Daizenshuu 7 has his battle power as 2,800, while the manga states he only reaches that level while firing the Masenko. I like to square this hole by saying the Masenko was 2,800 during the battle with Nappa, but after recovering from the battle, Gohan’s battle power has increased to the point where now 2,800 is just his basic level of power. If his battle power then doubled when he became enraged, it would be 5,600 or so, fitting in with the injured Vegeta being about 6,000 above.

Calculating the Genki Dama is a bit trickier. Vegeta was able to vaporize Kewi with a gap of about 30% or so on Namek, so I always use that as a baseline for an attack that is supposed to be powerful enough to kill someone. If Vegeta’s around 60,000 when transformed, the Genki Dama should be in the neighborhood of 75,000-80,000 to be effective against Vegeta. To keep the power ratio the same between Vegeta’s transformed states, I just knock a zero off of that figure for the smaller Genki Dama, making it only 10% of the original — which would give it a battle power of 7,500-8,000.

I would probably lean more towards the lower figures above, since Vegeta managed to survive the attack.

For Vegeta’s battle power after getting hit with the Genki Dama, we could infer he should be at least 1,000, since he was still stronger than Yajirobe, who Weekly Shonen Jump #31 gives a battle power of 970. But he shouldn’t be overwhelmingly more powerful or anything, since Yajirobe was able to hurt him, and should certainly be within a 30% gap, since he wasn’t powerful enough to singlehandedly kill Yajirobe or anything like that. My best guess would be about 1,200 or so, about 1/5th of his previous level of power.

Finally, for Vegeta’s battle power after being crushed by Gohan — your guess is as good as mine, but he should almost certainly be below 1,000. If the level of damage inflicted on him was comparable to his injuries sustained from the Genki Dama, we would have a further reduction of 5x, causing his battle power to settle at a measly 240.

So all together, my best guess would look something like this:

Vegeta (Post-Ozaru): 6,000
Vegeta (Post-Genki Dama): 1,200
Vegeta (Post-Gohan): 240

Gohan: 2,800
Gohan (Enraged): 5,600

Genki Dama (small): 7,500
Genki Dama (large): 75,000

Anyway, that’s what I was able to come up with. Let me know what you think!
For yer health!

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Post Oozaru he's weaker than right before becoming an Oozaru, as the loss of tail was shown in Dragon Ball (The one before Z) to affect the Saiyan's power, not to mention Goku hitting him in the eye and what not might have made him weaker. He's weakened enough that Gohan with a BP of 2,800 could fight him for a while.

After the Spirit Bomb, he's very weakened. He's unable to kill the Z Fighters with an explosive wave, but he's still powerful enough to beat up Yajirobe (Whose official BP is 970). I'd say his BP was probably lower than 1,500.

The Spirit Bomb is powerful enough to kill Oozaru Vegeta, whose power was so big Goku couldn't win, even if he used Kaioken x5:
Chapter: 233 (DBZ 39), P11.3 wrote:Goku: “Even if I raise the Kaio-Ken to x5, it still won't have any effect on him!!!!”
By the time the Spirit Bomb actually hit Vegeta, it was stated to have lost about half of it's power.
Chapter: 237 (DBZ 43), P1.3/P3.6 wrote: Context: giving Kuririn the Genki-Dama
Goku: “Genki-Dama. Yes, ki that I gathered bit by bit from all over the Earth. About half of it got away, but I think there’s enough to beat him as he is now. [ ] Do it, Kuririn! Gohan couldn’t control such power.”
Vegeta after Gohan landed on him was literally crippled. His BP is so low it's irrelevant.

In numbers:
Vegeta (Post Beam Struggle + Fake Moon): 6,000
~ Oozaru: 60,000
~ Post Oozaru: 4,000
~ Post Spirit Bomb: 1,200
~ Post Gohan: 1.2 or so

~ Enraged: 3,500

Spirit Bomb: 90,000
~ Weakened: 40,000
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Vegeta began losing strength the moment Goku pummeled him with the Kaio-ken, I'll list off what I think his power level was at each interval of the fight by rough estimate.
After receiving a thrashing from Kaio-ken x3 Goku: 16,200
After using the galick gun in a beam struggle then being sent into the atmosphere by Goku's kamehameha: 12,600
After making the artificial moon: 6,300
Oozaru: 63,000
Taking a Ki blast into the eye & having tail cut off: 3,125
Gohan enraged: 2,800 yet again
After being hit by the mini-Genki Dama: 1,562.5(not by much, but still stronger than Raditz, lawl)
Getting cut by Yajirobi's sword & battling Oozaru Gohan: 781.25
After getting crushed by Oozaru Gohan: 7.8125(so weak that even a mostly-drained & injured Krillin was about to kill his with a sword)
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Dragon Ball Daisuki wrote:I’ll take a stab at this!

As a reference point, Goku says a 5x Kaio-Ken wouldn’t work against Vegeta after he’s transformed, so assuming Goku’s Base hasn’t fallen too much, Vegeta should be at least 40,000 when transformed and 4,000 when depowered.

As far as an upper limit, we can probably infer that Vegeta’s supposed to be weaker overall than Goku after creating the Power Ball, given Goku’s comments. It isn’t stated outright, but the impression I get is that Vegeta seemingly put himself at a disadvantage against Goku if it were not for the transformation.

So now we have 40,000-80,000 transformed, and 4,000-8,000 in base for Vegeta. I prefer to split the difference and put Vegeta’s forms at 60,000 and 6,000, respectively.

For Gohan, I’m going to rely a little more on conjecture. Daizenshuu 7 has his battle power as 2,800, while the manga states he only reaches that level while firing the Masenko. I like to square this hole by saying the Masenko was 2,800 during the battle with Nappa, but after recovering from the battle, Gohan’s battle power has increased to the point where now 2,800 is just his basic level of power. If his battle power then doubled when he became enraged, it would be 5,600 or so, fitting in with the injured Vegeta being about 6,000 above.

Calculating the Genki Dama is a bit trickier. Vegeta was able to vaporize Kewi with a gap of about 30% or so on Namek, so I always use that as a baseline for an attack that is supposed to be powerful enough to kill someone. If Vegeta’s around 60,000 when transformed, the Genki Dama should be in the neighborhood of 75,000-80,000 to be effective against Vegeta. To keep the power ratio the same between Vegeta’s transformed states, I just knock a zero off of that figure for the smaller Genki Dama, making it only 10% of the original — which would give it a battle power of 7,500-8,000.

I would probably lean more towards the lower figures above, since Vegeta managed to survive the attack.

For Vegeta’s battle power after getting hit with the Genki Dama, we could infer he should be at least 1,000, since he was still stronger than Yajirobe, who Weekly Shonen Jump #31 gives a battle power of 970. But he shouldn’t be overwhelmingly more powerful or anything, since Yajirobe was able to hurt him, and should certainly be within a 30% gap, since he wasn’t powerful enough to singlehandedly kill Yajirobe or anything like that. My best guess would be about 1,200 or so, about 1/5th of his previous level of power.

Finally, for Vegeta’s battle power after being crushed by Gohan — your guess is as good as mine, but he should almost certainly be below 1,000. If the level of damage inflicted on him was comparable to his injuries sustained from the Genki Dama, we would have a further reduction of 5x, causing his battle power to settle at a measly 240.

So all together, my best guess would look something like this:

Vegeta (Post-Ozaru): 6,000
Vegeta (Post-Genki Dama): 1,200
Vegeta (Post-Gohan): 240

Gohan (Enraged): 5,600

Genki Dama (small): 7,500
Genki Dama (large): 75,000

Anyway, that’s what I was able to come up with. Let me know what you think!
I would say these numbers are more or less accurate good job I was curious what you guys thought