Bigger Difference?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Bigger Difference?

Post by PFM18 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Alright so we all know that Dragon Ball is a story in which strength is an integral part and our main character grows in strength exponentially throughout the series. Goku's strength gains and the strength gains in general is something that is a core part of many people's interest in the series and something that induces a lot of controversy.

But is there a bigger difference in Goku's power from the beginning of the original 519 chapters to the end of it, or the end of that story to the end of Dragon Ball Super where Goku achieved Completed Ultra Instinct?

As in, is there a bigger gap between the Goku that met bulma in the first episode of DB and the Goku at the end of the series fighting Kid Buu in SSJ3 or the difference between that Goku and the Goku we see that defeated Jiren in Completed Ultra Instinct?

In short, is BoDB Goku->Buu arcSSJ3 Goku or Buu arc SSJ3 Goku->Completed Ultra Instinct Goku a larger difference in power?

I know I repeated myself a lot here but I'm trying to make sure I am conveying clearly what exactly I am asking.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Bigger Difference?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:47 am

It depends on the scale you use to measure it. On a direct linear scale the gains in Super are obviously greater, unless you believe that MUI Goku is no more than twice as strong as EOZ SSJ3 Goku. On a logarithmic scale, it depends on what growth rate you use. The gains could be equal if you calibrate the scale for it. In a multiplicative scale, which is probably what you are asking about, there's really no way to tell.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147