If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am

ricky84 wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Freeza was never redeemed. He worked with the Z-crew so he could be brought back to life and rule his empire again (plus for him, he'd rather stay in hell than get erased from existence).
Nonetheless, Frieza is not as aggressive towards the Z Fighters as he was. Also, we are still not aware of Frieza's role in the upcoming movie. Someone could do the same argument as you when Vegeta came back on Earth in Z. Due to his character it was impossible to imagine that he would join the Team, but he did.
The Vegeta comparison is a false analogy. Freeza worked with the Z-crew for the ToP because he would get erased if he didn't, and went back to his empire afterwards (he didn't actually become a Z-fighter). Vegeta stuck around on Earth after the Namek arc because 1) he wanted to wait for Goku to come back to Earth so he could fight him and 2) because he was sleeping with Bulma.
Despite that, Frieza has changed and no one can say otherwise. It is inevitable. All people change. Even in DB characters' personalities change throughout the years. I see no reason for Frieza not being slightly more friendly towards the Dragon Team now. His main character is marked by hate and evil and this, I have to admit, cannot change. However, Frieza has reached new heights because of Goku and Vegeta, so I think that there is a possibility for him to view them as instruments for hid ascension, meaning that (even if he lies about it) he might turn less hostile towards the DT. I understand your points though. It seems unlikely but it can happen. It is up to the writers.
P O W E R

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Re: If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I want the the story to go with Oob, Pan, Bra, Trunks and Goten taking centre stage.
I believe that was supposedly one of the original plans for GT?

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Nonetheless, Frieza is not as aggressive towards the Z Fighters as he was. Also, we are still not aware of Frieza's role in the upcoming movie. Someone could do the same argument as you when Vegeta came back on Earth in Z. Due to his character it was impossible to imagine that he would join the Team, but he did.
The Vegeta comparison is a false analogy. Freeza worked with the Z-crew for the ToP because he would get erased if he didn't, and went back to his empire afterwards (he didn't actually become a Z-fighter). Vegeta stuck around on Earth after the Namek arc because 1) he wanted to wait for Goku to come back to Earth so he could fight him and 2) because he was sleeping with Bulma.
Despite that, Frieza has changed and no one can say otherwise. It is inevitable. All people change. Even in DB characters' personalities change throughout the years. I see no reason for Frieza not being slightly more friendly towards the Dragon Team now. His main character is marked by hate and evil and this, I have to admit, cannot change. However, Frieza has reached new heights because of Goku and Vegeta, so I think that there is a possibility for him to view them as instruments for hid ascension, meaning that (even if he lies about it) he might turn less hostile towards the DT. I understand your points though. It seems unlikely but it can happen. It is up to the writers.
Not all people change bro, and the whole point of RoF was to show that Freeza is incapable of reforming. He is a complete psychopath, people like that in both fiction and real life never change. In fact, trying to make a character like Freeza (or Zamasu) reform would be bad writing.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Jord wrote:recycling old villains etc. Just freshen it up.
GT had Android 17 as a villain...and Frieza and Cell and Dr Gero and Vegeta and...

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:12 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Not all people change bro, and the whole point of RoF was to show that Freeza is incapable of reforming. He is a complete psychopath, people like that in both fiction and real life never change. In fact, trying to make a character like Freeza (or Zamasu) reform would be bad writing.
Possibly. Well, we just have to wait and see what happens next. Thanks for this discussion!
P O W E R

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Bullza wrote:
GT had Android 17 as a villain...and Frieza and Cell and Dr Gero and Vegeta and...
Yes, Super 17 was a main villain for about 5 episodes. Frieza, Cell and Gero appeared in supporting roles and were never main villains. Frieza in Super was the main villain for 8 episodes and then was dragged back in the fold for the TOP for another 30+ episodes. Vegeta was a villain for a while in GT but the fact that Bebi took over his body and let his personality come through instead of Vegeta made the Vegeta-Villain part quite small. At least it wasn't a copy-Vegeta :lol:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Well we’ll have to sea how the movie goes but I’d like Frieza to become the Blackbeard of the series. He’s off working on how to take over the multiverse and meets up with the heroes in some of there arcs.

He has a leave and let be relationship with them. “I don’t destroy any planets you care about, I rule the universe without your interference.” While he’s doing his own thing he dose team up with the heroes if a certain threat is big enough to threaten his empire and of course if he even becomes awaire of it.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Bullza wrote:
Hahahahaha the only "recycled" Villian in GT is Android 17/Gero(although Super 17 has a completely different design,personality&abillities)

& Super has only 2 "recycled" Villians(Broly&Friezer)
otherwise, GT&Super have given us completely new antagonists like
Zamasu/Goku Black,Baby,Shadow Dragons,Jiren,Hit,General Rildo..
GT Fighter

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:53 am

Bullza wrote:
I don't really count Vegeta because it was really Baby hijacking his body and running rampant with it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:36 pm

No remakes of GT please. I would like to see some more stories based on the other Universes since they can travel to those worlds to help out any allies. I could see the Pride Troopers going to Universe 7 asking for Goku's help against someone stronger than Jiren in U11.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:53 pm

I don't care if its not likely to happen but here it goes:
1.I would like a story that involves the erased universes that managed to return because 17's wish was not specific. Goku gets to fight some evil hakaishins and to make it harsher, Beerus has difficulty fighting one or two of them and maybe even dies(he comes back later and gets stronger.)
2. An arc that features the underused Z fighters. Whis or Beerus decides to have more stronger fighters and trains them because Goku and Vegeta can't be everywhere. Maybe even use the Dragon Balls to bring back all Z fighters at their prime in order to keep them around longer and to increase their potential. An actual "Yamcha redemption" in which involves his desire to improve himself after feeling that his friends are losing his respect or something like that.
3. A story about Frieza's return to his empire and about his plan beyond revenge.
4. A story about Zalama.
5. More stuff about the existing universes like maybe visiting them or another sport/fighting rematch.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Some ideas I have for Super (or whatever new name they call the series) if it returns:

1. Make the story take place after the end of Z
2. No more tournament arcs.
3. Have the Z-crew split up and explore each of the universes in pairs
4. Better storytelling (no more "writing at the seat of your pants")
5. Better powerscaling (no more asspulls)
6. Make Android 21 a canon character (there's a lot she could bring to the series)
7. Have Goku & Vegeta train and mentor ALL of the U6 saiyans in Planet Sadala
8. Make Gohan & Piccolo relevant again
9. A Divine War arc featuring evil Angels and Gods of Destruction from universes 13-18.
10. Fire Toyotaro (he's a horrible writer).
11. Fire Yamamuro (he's fell off as an animator)
12. Make Goten and Present Trunks grow up
13. Make Uub relevant (he was wasted in GT)
14. Reveal the Dragon God Zalama
15. Reboot the Shadow Dragons (they were a great concept that got wasted in GT)
16. Bring back the blood and gore (a new timeslot would help).
17. Make Tapion a canon character (he could be reintroduced as the 1st time-traveler from U12)
18. Make Broly an ally/anti-hero after the movie
19. Make the new series a seasonal anime instead of a weekly one.
20. Reboot Baby and the Tuffle storyline.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 pm

I'd absolutely adore arcs exploring the universes in greater detail, either expanding on the underused ToP characters or just getting to see more brand new people.

As long as it's am original story and NOT a tournament, i'm down.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:06 pm

I see that many people want to watch a "remake" of GT. Although it would be a great idea (giving more depth to the Saiyan-Tuffle war and Baby (but please no more machine mutants) and telling more about the Dragon Balls (shadow dragons), however we all know why Super 17 cannot return) it would not be original.

Now all things aside, the only original thing that we got from DBS was the Future Trunks arc. In the overall, my favorite arc (except from a few minor moments where the TOP was the victor) and I would give it a 9/10. Anyway, there are multiple concepts that can be used in a future series. To be honest, the Super Dragon Ball Heroes promo anime could have been an actual arc in DBS. Now, forget Xeno Goku, SSJ4 and Golden Cooler (although Cooler could return to Canon, like Broly will), but Fu (with a minor changes in the plot of the Prison Planet arc) would serve as a great enemy. Not due to his power (which is a thing though) but due to his mysterious character. Cumber could still be around as a secondary enemy (because Fu is the de facto main antagonist) but he would also need to be scaled down in terms of power. The massive power levels of enemies from Xenoverse and Heroes can't enter the show, as inconsistencies would be as many as the peisodes of Z per minute. Cumber needs some backstory too. I have said in another post of mine that he might be the one who fought Yamoshi and killed him, given his status as the "Evil Saiyan". I would say that due to him having powered-up a little, he should be comparable in base as a SSJ3, in Great Ape as 10× SSJ3 (but still less than SSJG), in super saiyan comparable to SSJG and in Golden Great Ape equal or slightly more powerful than Blue. A simple Kaio Ken should work against him. It sounds underrated but it is very good (I think...)

Super Dragon Ball Heroes is all about fan service, but some of it's main concepts are actually very good and could make it to DBS. Considering that Majin Buu has been defeated and Dabura (being a King of the Demon Realm) fought on Z with everyone, we could get a return from him with Fu acting as a precursor to another arc. After the end of the Prison Planet Arc, Fu would reveal to the Dragon Team that everything was part of a greater plan. Dabura ressurected from the dead would want revenge and Fu would use his energy gathered to open a portal to the Demon realm. This is when things would go absolutely non-canon with Xenoverse and Heroes.

The idea behind it is magnificent though. DBS has been about the struggle between mortals and gods. However, the Demons would try to do the same thing as the mortals, reach the state of the gods (I don't meant UI lol). Mechikabura is said to be a Makaioshin, but considering that Dabura and Demigra are though to be ones too, I would say that the Demons in U7 would share a similar "god hierachy" with the Kais of U7 prior to the death of most of them by Buu. Mechikabura is some sort of the "Grand Supreme Makai (?)" Or "Evil Grand Supreme Kai". Demigra is an Evil Supreme Kai and Dabura and other Demon Gods that could make an appearance would be Evil Supreme Kai and Evil Kai status. Of course, the Demon Gods wouldn't be causing the same time and space rifts as they did in Hearoes, rather universal control would be their target. Like the Future Trunks arc, Beerus wouldn't be able to fully help the Dragon Team but a Hakai wouldn't be a bad finale (kill mechikabura with a hakai. Awesome stuff). Even Chronoa and Mira (with less power ffs) could be made Canon. This would also give us more depth in the god hierarchy of the Multiverse and it would tell us a couple of things about the Evil Kais and Supreme Kais. Note that Zamasu wasn't evil. He simply thought that eliminating the mortals was the right thing to do, so I believe that if he ever met with the Demon Gods, he would want to destroy them as much as he wanted for the mortals.

Well that would be the first saga (made of two arcs, the Prison Planet arc and the Demon Realm arc or Demon Gods or whatever). After the defeat of the Demons, we could get the much wanted Sadala Arc, where U7 and U6 Saiyans meet once more and Vegeta gets to speak to the king of Sadala. Cabba, Kale and Caulifla could get more story around them and of course they would train a lot with Goku and Vegeta. Now every arc needs an enemy. Who knows? The tuffles again but made canon in U6? Or possibly tuffle creations (think of the tuffles being the savages in this universe) like Baby or Hatciyak. Baby could possibly infect vegeta, thus this would be a whole new concept. The tuffles taking over, Vegeta being infected by Baby and the saiyans needing to save their species and Hatchiyak being the secondary villain. No op stuff though unless they need to. Consistency, remember, so no Kefla SSJ3 VS Baby Vegeta or so. This arc would be able to combine the Baby arc from GT (who many want remastered) with the Sadala arc from Super (that many want to see, I mean Vegeta was fighting for this thing in the TOP, so it has to happen one day). Another saga made of two arcs (Sadala Arc and Baby Arc).

It miht be a bad idea for a filler mini-arc, but some prelude to a more major arc concering U11 could take place after the U6 saga. That means Jiren and Toppo and the Pride Troopers assisting the Dragon Team in a battle or something. I guess that we need an arc from this. I don't have many ideas about it but many of you have (I hope xD).

On next, I would actually love to get the Shadow Dragons too. It is unoriginal, but cool still. This saga (two arcs again) would have to do with Zalama. Zalama, would finally make an appearance. Our heroes could meet with him because he was re-awakend or something because of the usage of the Super Dragon Balls (it happened many times, like 4 times in the span of Super). Of course he would explain that even the Dragon Balls that he didn't make have a "defense mechanism" if over used and that mechanism would be the Shadow Dragons. We should first get a Zalama arc in this saga and then a Shadow Dragons arc. As I said, we need consistency, so they could be slightly more powerful, but not to the level of SSJB KK 20. I have to imply that after all this time Vegeta and Goku would get power ups too, so they should be more powerful than the end of TOP counterparts. The defeat of the Shadow Dragons would have universal consequences and the Grand Priest and Zeno would probably be alerted of them and the return of Zalama. Not sure what they would do, but anyway.

To sum up this is what i would like to get:
1)Demon Realm Saga
—Prison Planet Arc
—Demon Gods Arc
2)Universe 6 Saga
—Sadala Arc
—Baby Arc
3)Super Dragon Balls Saga
—Zalama Arc
—Shadow Dragons Arc

Now the Universe 11 Arc should take place one day. You tell me when, because I don't know when to place it. As for the rest of the universes that were brouht back by 17, I have nothing to state about them. Last but not least, I would place the Broly movie after the end of Super and the TOP but before the Prison Planet Arc.
P O W E R

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 pm

After an adaption saga of the Broly movie (I am predicting this as such has become a trend in recent anime), I just want a quick recap of the end of Z then have Uub join the cast as Goku's student.
From there, I don't know.
Finally canonize the Makaioshin in the series. They have been lurking in the lore for too long now.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif