If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:44 pm

How should the next major story arcs go about if DBS (or whatever name they want to call it) takes place after the fight with Uub?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 pm

I wouldn't mind if they tried to tackle the two GT arcs that deserve a revisit, which IMO are the initial Black Star Arc and the Shadow Dragon Arc. You'd need a lot of tweaking to make it fit in GT but it'd be cool to see another take on those stories.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: If Super takes place after the EoZ when it returns, where do you want the story to go?

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:53 pm

With Broli actually happening I suppose it's not impossible to remake Dragon Ball GT with better talent. My hope would be making the Evil Dragons and over-arching enemy that span the for a few arcs at the very least.

I'd also like to see what else Toriyama has in mind for Freeza and the gods.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:08 am

I don't want anymore remakes. Especially on the heels of Brolli 4. I want them to come up with new villains and new adversaries.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 am

I Still, like I have said on the Super Threads, Really want a Story that is like a Tour/Adventure of U7 characters visiting the other Universes and other Universe characters interacting with them, growing friendships and most of all getting Stronger together!

Goku and Vegeta with Kale, Caulifla and Cabba on Sadala in U6!

17, 18, Krillian and Marron interacting with Brianne de Chateau and the others of U2!

Gohan learning to be a Pride Trooper in U11, unique ideas like those!

It can go any way, but the other Universes I would like to see be apart of the greater story narrative now more and grow along with U7 like always. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:42 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:I Still, like I have said on the Super Threads, Really want a Story that is like a Tour/Adventure of U7 characters visiting the other Universes and other Universe characters interacting with them, growing friendships and most of all getting Stronger together!

Goku and Vegeta with Kale, Caulifla and Cabba on Sadala in U6!

17, 18, Krillian and Marron interacting with Brianne de Chateau and the others of U2!

Gohan learning to be a Pride Trooper in U11, unique ideas like those!

It can go any way, but the other Universes I would like to see be apart of the greater story narrative now more and grow along with U7 like always. :thumbup:
This is exactly like what I had in mind. After Broly 4, the Z-crew should spit up and have adventures in the other universes, then only come back all together for the final arc.

Goku, Vegeta & Broly (if he survives the movie) go to U6 to join Caulifla, Cabba and Kale in a mission on Planet Sadala.

Roshi goes to U4 for shits & giggles

Future Trunks could make another appearance and journey to U12 (that's where the 1st time traveler came from).

Gohan goes to U11 to help out the Pride Troopers (as Great Saiyaman) and possibly challenge Jiren to push his limits.

A17 goes to U3, A18 goes to U2 and has a rematch with the Kamikaze Fireballs.

Freeza goes to U9 (and others) to expand his empire.

Krillin, Yamcha and Tien could check out one of the Universes that didn't compete in the ToP.

Same with Goten and Present Trunks.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:46 am

Something to do with Uub's promise as a future successor to Goku maybe? The original manga ended on a note of Goku aspiring to train Uub into a capable challenge for him. Well unlike GT, maybe they could do something to give that hope some gravity and worth. If the deities are going to be sticking around then have Uub maybe interact with them in some way. I personally wouldn't want things going the predictable route with Baby and the shadow dragons or whatever. The latter possibility could conceivably work if instead of some localised Dragon Balls on Earth they chose to incorporate the Super Dragon Balls into the narrative. You would have a rational basis for making them so powerful there.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:40 am

The return of Zamasu. The writers are bringing back every major villain (Freeza, Broly, Buu as Uub), so they might as well reintroduce into the storyline Zamasu, the most memorable and popular Super 1.0 antagonist by far. Do not forget that the Zamasu from Cell's timeline is still alive, and he is out there plotting and scheming. Or possibly becoming a Supreme Kai, since there is no Goku to drive him to the edge of insanity, and no past incarnation of himself to drive him to giving into his darkest desires. Either way, it could make for a fascinating storyline.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:00 am

I want it to take place way after Goku and the others are dead. There will be a prologue though. Goku and Vegeta went to Hell to fight Akkuman, who had been training with every villain sent there, and become as strong as they were. In an attempt to defeat him, Goku went through the gates of reincarnation, and Vegeta lost himself to become evil, killed Akkuman and assumed his place in Hell as the new devil, due to him being free and not a prisoner. Later, Goku's reincarnation, as a human, meets Vegeta in Fortuneteller Baba's place, like Goku once fought Akkuman. I want the story to have an eerie resemblance with the original Dragon Ball and then move its own way. Goku's reincarnation won't be a Saiyan in a planet that is populated by hybrids, to make him a rare case and unable to transform, for other things to take place and matter more.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:05 am

I want the the story to go with Oob, Pan, Bra, Trunks and Goten taking centre stage.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 am

Make Broli and Frieza background enemies who scheme their plans, have Goku and Vegeta meet a new adversary from a different dimension, kill some Gods of destruction so the stakes get higher

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Someone here mentioned something about Broly surviving. Well, I would love to see Broly becoming an ally of Goku and Vegeta. Frieza was somehow redeemed recently, but Broly is another pure Saiyan who survived total destruction. Toriyama said that he wanted to approach him differently this time and given that "old" Broly has been an enemy of the Dragon Team all these years in video games and specials, I would love to see a new ally like him (not to mention that in the original Dragon Ball AF, Broly became an ally of the Dragon Team, so we miht get that approach now instead of that of a sadistic monster).
P O W E R

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:44 pm

We have this thread every once in a while, but I suppose the situation has changed since last time (Broly getting rebooted opens a world of possibilities), so it's fair.

I want to see the story introduce the next generation of fighters. The writers have to get out of their comfort zone and allow for stories where other people than just Goku or Vegeta are in leading roles. Obviously they don't have to replace Goku and Vegeta like in some of the strawmen people make as counterarguments to this, they'd be additions to (or they'd replace some of) the supporting cast, but they'd need to be allowed to get some spotlight. On Goku and Vegeta's end, I want to see the story take them further up in the divine hierarchy, allowing them to eventually compete with the angels and discover what lies beyond. Frieza and Broly would probably also have some roles to play on this end.

As for stories more specifically, I imagine Goku and Vegeta would be travelling to other universes and meeting various people, since they're pretty prepared for that kind of adventure by now. The next generation, most likely led by Piccolo, would probably be guarding the home front. Of course, the writers should mix this up so that some of the next generation joins in on some of the adventures, and conversely, Goku and Vegeta joins in on protecting Earth some of the time too.
(Goku and Vegeta joining in to protect the Earth would probably happen a lot, actually, because the writers are still scared of not having Goku in everything. It's in these "protect Earth" stories that the reboots of movie/GT villains would happen, most likely.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:Someone here mentioned something about Broly surviving. Well, I would love to see Broly becoming an ally of Goku and Vegeta. Frieza was somehow redeemed recently, but Broly is another pure Saiyan who survived total destruction. Toriyama said that he wanted to approach him differently this time and given that "old" Broly has been an enemy of the Dragon Team all these years in video games and specials, I would love to see a new ally like him (not to mention that in the original Dragon Ball AF, Broly became an ally of the Dragon Team, so we miht get that approach now instead of that of a sadistic monster).
Freeza was never redeemed. He worked with the Z-crew so he could be brought back to life and rule his empire again (plus for him, he'd rather stay in hell than get erased from existence).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 am

Chuquita wrote:I don't want anymore remakes. Especially on the heels of Brolli 4.
We'll probably get even more now that Broly is predicted to make 90 Million $. Toriyama said they're bringing back Broly because of his popularity so if they make 90 million on it it'll prove to them that fans just want more of the same.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:14 am

On the heels of my GT retread answer, having something that lets us explore the wider culture of outer space would be neat. What do they think of Earth? Have the Saiyans left scars on civilizations? Is there a power vacuum since the defeat of Frieza? Stuff like that, alongside the usual Defeat the Big Bad sort of stuff.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:07 am

I'm not sure but the further away they are from doing anything in the vein of GT the better.

Stay far away from that series as possible.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 am

Bullza wrote:I'm not sure but the further away they are from doing anything in the vein of GT the better.

Stay far away from that series as possible.
Actually they should embrace GT's concept and dare to grow up characters and give them other ways to power up instead of just dying their hair. That is just lazy :D
Oh and no more tournaments. We've had enough of those. Super in general needs to do new stuff. It's sad how lazy the series has become with re-tellings of movies, recycling old villains etc. Just freshen it up.

I agree with other posters here that they should explore other universes. Could be interesting to see new locations.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 am

ricky84 wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:Someone here mentioned something about Broly surviving. Well, I would love to see Broly becoming an ally of Goku and Vegeta. Frieza was somehow redeemed recently, but Broly is another pure Saiyan who survived total destruction. Toriyama said that he wanted to approach him differently this time and given that "old" Broly has been an enemy of the Dragon Team all these years in video games and specials, I would love to see a new ally like him (not to mention that in the original Dragon Ball AF, Broly became an ally of the Dragon Team, so we miht get that approach now instead of that of a sadistic monster).
Freeza was never redeemed. He worked with the Z-crew so he could be brought back to life and rule his empire again (plus for him, he'd rather stay in hell than get erased from existence).
Nonetheless, Frieza is not as aggressive towards the Z Fighters as he was. Also, we are still not aware of Frieza's role in the upcoming movie. Someone could do the same argument as you when Vegeta came back on Earth in Z. Due to his character it was impossible to imagine that he would join the Team, but he did.
P O W E R

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Nonetheless, Frieza is not as aggressive towards the Z Fighters as he was. Also, we are still not aware of Frieza's role in the upcoming movie. Someone could do the same argument as you when Vegeta came back on Earth in Z. Due to his character it was impossible to imagine that he would join the Team, but he did.
The Vegeta comparison is a false analogy. Freeza worked with the Z-crew for the ToP because he would get erased if he didn't, and went back to his empire afterwards (he didn't actually become a Z-fighter). Vegeta stuck around on Earth after the Namek arc because 1) he wanted to wait for Goku to come back to Earth so he could fight him and 2) because he was sleeping with Bulma.