Favorite scene from GT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Favorite scene from GT?

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:16 pm

A few of my favorites are: Vegeta hanging up when those crooks "kidnap" Goku, Baby-possessed Bulma saying they'll destroy the Saiyan's so a genocide like the Tsufurian one never happens again, Pan breaking through Goku's animalistic rage to trigger SS4, Vegeta suggesting fusion to beat Omega, Goku killing Eis and Omega with the Dragon Fist, Vegeta willing to sacrifice himself so everyone else can get away, the ending.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Goku saying goodbye to Kuririn and Piccolo. It's genuine and heartwarming as an end to the series.

I also like Mr. Boo's goodbye to Mr. Satan and fusion with Oob.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:57 pm

The mole looking black dragon's introduction always cracks me up, the japanese version not so much, but the latin dub is really good

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:28 am

Despite not liking GT that much, there are some scenes that I do quite like:

1. Goku's first SSJ4 transformation. Didn't know what SSJ4 was until I saw this scene and thought it was the weirdest and coolest thing ever.
2. Vegeta's Mustache. Just hilarious.
3. Kuririn being killed by Super 17. #18's reaction was amazing and I was happy to see her fight again (since she's my favorite female DB character), despite only being brief.
4. Seeing all of the past villains coming out of Hell. Just made me feel really nostalgic.
5. Piccolo's death. Gohan's cry's, the fact that Piccolo has excepted his death and how he went to Hell made me feel really sad since I have a real soft spot for Piccolo.
6. Goku Jr going SSJ in the TV special and meeting Goku.
7. The ending. From Kuririn and Goku fighting one last time, Vegeta seeming really sad to see him go (he seemed really flustered and lost on what to do, which really shows how Vegeta cares for Goku and how much he's changed over the series) and Bulma reminiscing about and all of the DB flashbacks was really nostalgic. Also the flash forward 100 years later to Goku Jr vs Vegeta Jr, Goku having his own statue at the Tenkaichi Budokai and Goku appearing with Pan running after him made me a little bit sad for Pan.

Also Goku grabbing the Nyoibō, hopping on the Kinto-Un and saying goodbye to the audience really got to me. I wondered how it felt for Japanese Fans who had been watching the series for years and having it finally end. IDK it was just an amazing ending to me.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Doctor. wrote:Goku saying goodbye to Kuririn and Piccolo. It's genuine and heartwarming as an end to the series.
This is honestly my favorite scene out of all GT as well. I have never felt more respect for Goku than when he apologized to Piccolo for causing him nothing but trouble, but said that he would never forget him for as long as he lived.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:A few of my favorites are: Vegeta hanging up when those crooks "kidnap" Goku, Baby-possessed Bulma saying they'll destroy the Saiyan's so a genocide like the Tsufurian one never happens again, Pan breaking through Goku's animalistic rage to trigger SS4, Vegeta suggesting fusion to beat Omega, Goku killing Eis and Omega with the Dragon Fist, Vegeta willing to sacrifice himself so everyone else can get away, the ending.
But Goku didnt kill Omega with the Dragon Fist?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:13 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:A few of my favorites are: Vegeta hanging up when those crooks "kidnap" Goku, Baby-possessed Bulma saying they'll destroy the Saiyan's so a genocide like the Tsufurian one never happens again, Pan breaking through Goku's animalistic rage to trigger SS4, Vegeta suggesting fusion to beat Omega, Goku killing Eis and Omega with the Dragon Fist, Vegeta willing to sacrifice himself so everyone else can get away, the ending.
But Goku didnt kill Omega with the Dragon Fist?
I forgot the quotation marks for that part.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

SSJ Vegetto

Post by SSJ Vegetto » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 pm

When Goku says goodbye to his friends.
asdf