About the manga and Bardock

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

About the manga and Bardock

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 am

In the few brief panels of Freeza’s flashback encounter with Bardock above planet Vegeta, He’s shown destroying him alongside the planet itself, yet in the new trailer, a “pink” Freeza is shown destroying planet Vegeta nothing like in the manga. Looks like Toriyama has gone senile.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: About the manga and Bardock

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:32 am

There is a thread for this issue already.

But just to make a brief comment: yeah, they better not fuck it up with one of the best scenes in this entire franchise. That was Bardock's moment that has to be left untouched.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 am

The panel could have just been a composite flashback - i.e. Freeza simultaneously thinking of Bardock opposing him and how he destroyed planet Vegeta even though both events didn't happen at exactly the same time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 am

Just to clear things up, this is Dragon Ball Super: Broly, so it's this franchise entry's retcon, just like the End of Z won't disappear, even though Super will probably rewrite it.