Is Gohan flamboyant?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is Gohan flamboyant?

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Now he has always been my favorite character and I hate to say it but the great saiyaman stuff is too much to ignore . The silly poses and what not. Would you characterize him as flamboyant? Or would you say he is trying to be different than how he is to protect his identity?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Is Gohan flamboyant?

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Nope. Those poses were meant to parody the Super Sentai, or better known as the Power Rangers and other heroes at the time striking poses. Plus, his young mind probably liked the Ginyu poses as well.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:07 pm

No not really he is just a nerd that is into Super Sentai

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:49 pm

No, he's just nerdy. He's neither flamboyant nor hyper-macho.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:02 am

Only flamboyant in the sense that he's building up a heroic persona with Great Saiyaman. The rest of the time he's sincere and understated.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.