Did baba forsee Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Did baba forsee Buu?

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Is this why she offered to bring back Goku for that one specific day? I would say yes remember she is the one who went to grand Kai and told him Goku is coming .

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Did baba forsee Buu?

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:35 am

I would say yes remember she is the one who went to grand Kai and told him Goku is coming
No, she didn't. There's no indication whatsoever that she had any contact with any of the Kaiou, and she doesn't appear at any point when we see Dai Kaiou, so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that Baba told him about Goku coming.

Likewise, in regards to your other question, she didn't offer to bring Goku back for that one specific day. Goku wanted that one day because that was the day of the 25th Budoukai, and she ferried him to Earth at the consent of Enma. There's nothing saying that she chose for him to come to Earth, much less that specific day.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:06 am

It's plausible. Maybe not literally seen him but seen/felt a disturbing thing coming.

It always seemed convenient that Goku returns the exact same day the biggest apocalyptic event happens.
酷签名

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:01 pm

If Baba could anticipate the return of Daimao then I don't see why Buu would be any different. I doubt Goku's return to the living world had anything to do with ulterior machinations on Baba's part but it's possible she could have realised that events conveniently aligned to enable Goku to be on the scene in order to address the Majin Buu crisis.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Lionel wrote:If Baba could anticipate the return of Daimao then I don't see why Buu would be any different. I doubt Goku's return to the living world had anything to do with ulterior machinations on Baba's part but it's possible she could have realised that events conveniently aligned to enable Goku to be on the scene in order to address the Majin Buu crisis.
Exactly if she knew there's no way she wouldn't try to facilitate this in any way possible.