Goten and Trunks Height

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Goten and Trunks Height

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm

This is something I´ve heard complaints about. Now from the information I have seen across the web, correct me if I´m wrong but goten and trunk are 10 or 11 at the current time. Now Goku when he fights piccolo Jr is 19. This is confirmed in many guide books. Three years earlier he kills Piccolo Daimao. So this goku right here is 16 years old. Image

He looks no older than Goten or Trunks until the 3 year time skip when he shoots up in height. This same thing will happen to them at the right time I guess.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Goten and Trunks Height

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:correct me if I´m wrong but goten and trunk are 10 or 11 at the current time.
No, Goten is 13 years old and Trunks is 14 years old now. Remember that Universe Survival saga takes place in AGE 780 and they were born in AGE 766 and AGE 767, respectively.
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:He looks no older than Goten or Trunks until the 3 year time skip when he shoots up in height. This same thing will happen to them at the right time I guess.
Again, for the like a hundredth time, the comparison between Goku and Goten/Trunks is flawed, it's not a valid comparison, so you all should just stop comparing them. Goku is a full-blooded Saiyan; Goten and Trunks are hybrid, which means they might or might not have inherited Saiyans' characteristics.

Trunks DID NOT inherited Saiyans' characteristics, as we see his height very well established in AGE 780 during the events of his TV Special (which has a manga version too), he is taller than present Trunks is now, making it an inconsistency. Goten's height as a pre-teen/teen was never established so it is possible that he might have inherited Saiyans' characteristics. But here's the thing: Goten is not his own character, he exists solely for Trunks. What happens to Trunks will most likely happen to Goten too, so even if they portrayed Trunks correctly (in other words, if present Trunks was taller), Goten would be too, which means he also inherited Saiyans' characteristics, which also makes his case an inconsistency too.

Please stop this comparison with Goku. Goku is another case with another set of rules. You can't simply compare biology, even in a fiction world. They are not the same, they have different patterns, different DNAs, different everything. Goku is not an example of anything here.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Cant really argue with that I guess.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:He looks no older than Goten or Trunks until the 3 year time skip when he shoots up in height. This same thing will happen to them at the right time I guess.
Yeah, this is the most likely hypothesis. The only problem is the comparision with Trunks/Future Trunks, however that's a different timeline, where different things happened. It's perfectly possible to theorize a bit about the differences between the temporal lines.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:03 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
Yeah, this is the most likely hypothesis. The only problem is the comparison with Trunks/Future Trunks, however that's a different timeline, where different things happened. It's perfectly possible to theorize a bit about the differences between the temporal lines.
That is true. Not to mention goten doesn't even exist in the future trunks timeline.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:00 pm

The fact that present Trunks has purple hair while his future counterpart has blue hair is also a point in favour of the two Trunks being different; environment likely played a role in how both of them developed, just as it does with real-life living organisms.

Future Trunks had to grow up fast in an apocalyptic and lonely scape, whilst Present Trunks has grown up in a calm and relatively carefree environment.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:06 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The fact that present Trunks has purple hair while his future counterpart has blue hair is also a point in favour of the two Trunks being different; environment likely played a role in how both of them developed, just as it does with real-life living organisms.

Future Trunks had to grow up fast in an apocalyptic and lonely scape, whilst Present Trunks has grown up in a calm and relatively carefree environment.
Future Trunks still has purple hair as far I'm concerned.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:46 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The fact that present Trunks has purple hair while his future counterpart has blue hair is also a point in favour of the two Trunks being different; environment likely played a role in how both of them developed, just as it does with real-life living organisms.

Isn't it possible he dyed his hair to honor the most important living person in his life his mother they did go through an apocolyptic cataclysm together after all

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 am

Ssjcell wrote: Isn't it possible he dyed his hair to honor the most important living person in his life his mother they did go through an apocolyptic cataclysm together after all
No, because the present timeline Bulma, the moment that the time machine arrived for the first time in the arc, that Trunks would have blue hair, so how would she know that the occupant would have blue hair unless he always had blue hair as far as she was aware?

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am

Gotten and Trunks are super irrelevant so who cares right?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:07 am

Nokra wrote:Gotten and Trunks are super irrelevant so who cares right?
A lot of people actually care.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:17 am

Ssjcell wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The fact that present Trunks has purple hair while his future counterpart has blue hair is also a point in favor of the two Trunks being different; environment likely played a role in how both of them developed, just as it does with real-life living organisms.

Isn't it possible he dyed his hair to honor the most important living person in his life his mother they did go through an apocalyptic cataclysm together after all
If that's what happened, then that fact isn´t made clear.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 am

The problem isn't really their height in my opinion . It's that they seem to be written as if they were still 7-8 years old.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am

I think that could work. Saiyan genes should make the body develop quicker the harsher the conditions. So, Present Trunks and Goten develop slowly because of their soft time.