Is Vegeta accountable?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: Is Vegeta accountable?

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:That country-sized area that Nappa blew up was never revived.
My opinion is that Vegeta will forever be condemned for that at the very least. He can't just get away with that.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:57 am

Attitudefan wrote:
My opinion is that Vegeta will forever be condemned for that at the very least. He can't just get away with that.
Also they didn't bring back that truck driver he killed.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:59 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:
I know Goku isn't about justice and all that, but if somehow Vegeta goes to heaven like the others after he dies in a potential continued series, I think that would be worst of all. I don't even think he's really saved anyone either.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Kurakaio

Post by Kurakaio » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Attitudefan wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Attitudefan wrote: My opinion is that Vegeta will forever be condemned for that at the very least. He can't just get away with that.
I know Goku isn't about justice and all that, but if somehow Vegeta goes to heaven like the others after he dies in a potential continued series, I think that would be worst of all. I don't even think he's really saved anyone either.
This is stupid. Vegeta has helped saved literally every universe in existence a couple times already. That should outweigh anything else he had done.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:54 pm

I agree Vegeta has paid his dues. So this discussion seems rather moot to me.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I agree Vegeta has paid his dues. So this discussion seems rather moot to me.
Agreed.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I agree Vegeta has paid his dues. So this discussion seems rather moot to me.
Agreed.
Yeah. But there are always questions that need to be asked.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.