Interesting Fact.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Interesting Fact.

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Aparantly Toriyama submitted drafts for both the manga and the anime of Super. So that means both Legendary Super Saiyan being dangerous to one's health and not being dangerous to one's health are both Toriyama's idea. Or so I heard.
Last edited by Hulk10 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Interesting Fact.

Post by KBABZ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Drafts are early first versions of the story, and lots of details and events can be changed from one to the other. Unless we have direct quotation we can't know if Toriyama came up with either or both of those ideas.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 pm

KBABZ wrote:Drafts are early first versions of the story, and lots of details and events can be changed from one to the other. Unless we have direct quotation we can't know if Toriyama came up with either or both of those ideas.
Good point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhG4oVLfhxs This is where I heard it from.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 am

Kale wasn't even in his original draft. Toei came up with the idea for a Broly expy, and there was no way the writer of Dragon Ball AF wasn't also going to get on board with it.

There are differences in how they interpreted it, but both versions ended up going with the idea that being in the form too long was bad for her, which is something OG Broly never had to deal with. Doesn't look like the new version will have that flaw either judging by the first trailer. These transformations are sexist.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

Kataphrut wrote:These transformations are sexist.
Turns out tits and ovaries have a huge effect on maintaining advanced forms! Who knew?? :lol:

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Kataphrut wrote:These transformations are sexist.
I hope this is ironic or a joke