How strong would Buu have gotten with a year in the time chamber?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How strong would Buu have gotten with a year in the time chamber?

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:31 pm

If he for some reason demanded it at any point how strong would Buu have gotten
How strong for fat buu,super buu, kid Buu?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How strong would Buu have gotten with a year in the time chamber?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Too strong for the Z Senshi to win. Fat Boo alone training for less than a year became strong enough to combat some degree of ToP Base Goku's strength, a level confirmed to be higher than SSJ3 Gotenks by a large amount. Nevermind Super Boo or Pure Boo, they'd get too strong for SSJ3 Vegetto to win since they lack control or regard for the Earth's stability.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:37 am

Going by Super's preceding build up to the Tournament of Power, Buu would be capable of making some massive strides towards becoming a serious contender once again. A whole year's worth of training in conditions such as the ROSAT could very easily net Buu a massive upsurge of power that puts him above everyone from the BOG and ROF arcs, maybe even FT as well (sans Vegetto and Merged Zamasu). Think about it -- his potential could very well be superior to Freeza's. If that's the case then I don't see why he couldn't reach the top ten of the TOP. Putting such strength together with his almost unlimited stamina and regeneration would make Buu one of the most dangerous enemies to be faced with in the series.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am

I don't think we'd need to worry because I doubt Buu has the patience to commit to nothing but working out for a whole year. Plus, I doubt there'd be much candy in the time chamber.

Now if he went in there with Mr Satan on the other hand? That I'd like to see.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Well lets see Freeza (pre training) was naturally almost as strong as ssj goku on namek

Good Buu (without training)is somewhere between majin vegeta and ssj3 goku (buu saga)

In an hour or so of training, fit buu was able to go toe to toe with a base goku is far above ssj3 gotenks (bare minimum)

If he trained for a year, going by his broken in-universe potential. I don't think its crazy to think he could rival the GoDs and Jiren

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:24 pm

I believe if he actually did it instead of acting as a snorlax (unless hibernation= more power) he will quickly surpass trained Frieza and trained 17 and maybe will be equal or stronger than Jiren. He is made of nonsense, so that is believable.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm

He'd be around Gohans level.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Very fucking strong.

With 1 hour he made base Goku look like a fool and beat him.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Very fucking strong.

With 1 hour he made base Goku look like a fool and beat him.
An interesting response and topic as a whole I wonder how strong cell would have been too

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Pet theory: Buu DID go to the HTC and that's where he learned/relearned Absorption.

After Gohan arrives on Earth and completely wrecks Super Buu, Buu powers up to self-destruct. This is a level of power that Gohan feels he needs to evacuate Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo away from. I.e., we're looking at at least planet-buster levels of power. Also, Gohan does nothing to Buu to interfere with the blast; he doesn't deflect, withstand, suppress, or in any way mitigate Buu's self-destruct. Ergo, the explosion that Gohan expects to be a threat to the likes of Piccolo and the boys is allowed to take place in all its glory.

Except, the Earth doesn't get anywhere near destroyed. We have a crater, is all. Where did all that energy go, then?

Well, we know that a shout at Super Buu's and SSJ3 Gotenks's level can tear a hole between the normal universe and the HTC. So conceivably, he just diverted most of the power of the blast towards accomplishing the same thing again to go back, and the crater is the result of the tiny fraction that he allowed to be released normally as a diversion.

And when he comes back, Gohan's first thought is essentially "What could have changed in so short a time?" That's nothing if not the HTC's calling card.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:19 am

Goku seems to think Uub will be able to seriously challenge him after some training, which has interesting implications given that Goku is now retroactively Goku Blanco and stronger than Beerus.

As for the various combinations of Buu and the Kaioshin (and other absorptions): Buu's final form had Gohan inside him. In both the anime and manga versions of Super (implying it was the case in the outline as well), a year or two of training in the gravity chamber (in the manga at least, the anime doesn't make it clear) brought Gohan to SSB/CSSB level. So Buu getting that strong in the same time in the ROSAT would be the bare minimum, I'd guess, since he'd have Gohan's potential plus his own (and Goten and Trunks, who are supposed to be even more prodigious).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Depends purely on plot.

with a couple hours he appeared to be on Base Goku's level which obviously would constitute a considerably large boost from where he was. I would imagine that he would have enormous "newbie gains" just like Freeza did or really anybody who just starts training receives, but it is hard to say when that accelerated growth would start to taper off. If I were to guess I'd put him around SSB level given how much innate potential he has and how much he gained in a couple hours.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Obviously this is all hypothetical but I think Friezais a good fellow to look to in order to gain some insight. Apparently F never trains ever and has a massive power level. We all know the story,4 months training=SSB level. Very impressive but it goes to him being one of the biggest prodigy in this series’s. So even if the gainz is a hard pill to swallow, we can accept it.

Buu is Frieza on steroids. He’s on an entirely different level of anyone the series has every shown. He can learn abilities nearly instantly, simply by watching. We are never shown any training done by Buu, outside the Fit-Buu scene.

If Buu trained, I don’t see why he couldn’t make some of the largest gains ever in the series. AK stated that Buu has been around since the creation of time or an extremely long time,depending on translation. They could easily make a deeper back story that could support some epic ply large power jump to someone of Jiren or greater.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:41 pm

If Freeza could reach early SSB level in 4 months, then Buu would be Prime Goku Black level in a year lmao.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:56 pm

zarmack wrote:If Freeza could reach early SSB level in 4 months, then Buu would be Prime Goku Black level in a year lmao.
What's "Prime Goku Black"

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:25 pm

PFM18 wrote:What's "Prime Goku Black"
It's Goku Black at his prime.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:What's "Prime Goku Black"
It's Goku Black at his prime.
But that's just Goku Black. Especially since the "Prime" is capitalized as though this is an official proper name of this iteration of the character.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:30 pm

PFM18 wrote:
zarmack wrote:If Freeza could reach early SSB level in 4 months, then Buu would be Prime Goku Black level in a year lmao.
What's "Prime Goku Black"
SSJ Rose Goku Black when he pulled out his scythe.