How strong are Android 18 and Piccolo are after the ToP?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How strong are Android 18 and Piccolo are after the ToP?

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:21 am

ZombieVito wrote: ToP arc is not 2 years after the FT arc
Yes it is. Beerus comments that it's been several years since he fought Vegeta. Since only 1 year passes between Beerus arriving and Freeza attacking/the U6 tournament, that leaves about 2 years between Zamasu and the ToP. Minimum. Unless there was a big unexplained gap between the U6 tournament and the Zamasu arc.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:46 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: Yes it is. Beerus comments that it's been several years since he fought Vegeta. Since only 1 year passes between Beerus arriving and Freeza attacking/the U6 tournament, that leaves about 2 years between Zamasu and the ToP. Minimum. Unless there was a big unexplained gap between the U6 tournament and the Zamasu arc.
ToP is in Age 780. That's official information.

Beerus says he fought Vegeta a couple of years ago so that still fits with Battle of Gods.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:16 am

ZombieVito wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: Yes it is. Beerus comments that it's been several years since he fought Vegeta. Since only 1 year passes between Beerus arriving and Freeza attacking/the U6 tournament, that leaves about 2 years between Zamasu and the ToP. Minimum. Unless there was a big unexplained gap between the U6 tournament and the Zamasu arc.
ToP is in Age 780. That's official information.
Where's the official Super timeline?

Bare minimum it's close to a year, since you have to leave 9 months for Bulma to become pregnant and be on the verge of her water breaking any day.
Beerus says he fought Vegeta a couple of years ago so that still fits with Battle of Gods.
No, he says "a few", which is by definition more than a couple:
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: No, he says "a few", which is by definition more than a couple:
...no it isnt? "A few" is an ambiguously low number. That low number can easily just be 2.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 pm

PFM18 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: No, he says "a few", which is by definition more than a couple:
...no it isnt? "A few" is an ambiguously low number. That low number can easily just be 2.
"Few," by definition, means at least three. "A couple" would be two.

I mean, it's all pointless semantics anyway, but if we're picking nits, then at least nitpick correctly.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
"Few," by definition, means at least three. "

I mean, it's all pointless semantics anyway, but if we're picking nits, then at least nitpick correctly.
No it doesn't. And he's the one nitpicking based on few vs couple. I was correcting his nitpick.

Few:
1. a small number of.
2. used to emphasize how small a number of people or things is.

It is not by defnition at least three. that's incorrect. It is by definition, an ambiguously small.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Lionel wrote:Factoring in the Copy Vegeta scuffles, I think they should be considerably stronger than just about anything the Buu arc has to throw at them. I could see Piccolo and #18 giving trouble to the stronger fighters at the Champa arc like Magetta. Present Zamasu might not be outside the realm of possibility if you believe the inflation grew enormously between the Future Trunks and Tournament of Power arcs.

Now for who's stronger, going off initial optics, the answer seems to be favouring #18. Unlike Piccolo, who used one of his most powerful attacks only to have it get repelled by Base Goku during their practice match, #18 was handily contending with fighters that were keeping Base Goku on his toes.
That's a logical statement, but I still don't buy that Piccolo used all his power in that scene. It was a sparring match and Tien was on the battlefield. He charged up, sure, but only enough to give Goku a hard time.

I'm torn on who's stronger since #18 one shotted the stronger form of a character that forced Goku to go SSB. ToP was very inconsistent with feats though. #18 was shown quite a few times to be in Goku and #17's ballpark of power which is just inconsistent as all hell. But still, she had trouble with fighters that Krillin could handily defeat and had to be saved by Piccolo when fighting U4. My instinct tells me that Piccolo is still stronger in the heirarchy, but not by much. I'd easily put them both at BoG SSG tier. Super is very inconsistent, but all the characters have gotten off-screen power boosts to make them highly relevant power wise to the God Tier characters. It's just, God Tier itself probably has like 10 or more tiers.
RandomGuy96 wrote:Negligibly stronger than they were in the Buu arc. 18 has been doing no serious training and Piccolo maxed out back in the Cell arc, hence why he declined a second ROSAT trip and why his strength did not undergo noticeable change (grew at a slower rate than the Saiyans, in fact) in the seven years between Cell and Buu. A Cell Junior could still kick their asses, probably.
That's an old school myth at this point. No one maxes out in this show about constantly surpassing one's limit. Look no further than Master Roshi who has gained more strength in his old age in the last 10 or so years than he did in the first several hundred years of his life. At most, these characters simply have no agency outside of the plot due to author negligence, but as we see when he needs them to step it up, everyone included Roshi, Krillin, and the fricking Androids can surpass their former limits.
Last edited by BWri on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Both #18 and Piccolo could casually murder anything that Z throws at them. Both #18 and Piccolo, by the time the TOP happens, are at the very least comfortably on par with Base Goku/Vegeta/Gohan. And the Base Goku/Vegeta/Gohan are hundreds of times stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks by the time of TOP.
Exactly. I think people underestimate precisely how strong the Saiyans got after BoG. SSG in the BoG era is nothing compared to SSB in the ToP era. It is the bottom of the God Tier. Its likely that even the base Saiyans surpassed it. Piccolo was already getting close to this with his initial battle with Frost. In the manga they were a lot closer in power with Frost still having a clear advantage (a fairly big one), but to keep that level of power Piccolo had to use basically all his stamina. That same Frost forced both Goku and Vegeta to go Super Saiyan against his Final Form for decisive victories. I'm not sure if Goku or Vegeta's base forms were SSG tier or not at this time and my guess would be that they weren't with how the arc was written, but I do believe they were much higher than the Buu arc levels.

I'd put both SSJ Goku and Vegeta at Ultimate Gohan levels at bare minimum during the U6 vs U7 tournament. What's more likely is their base forms being at this level, but I'm trying to be safe here. So Frost would likely be somewhere around Super Buu level, maybe a little less. Frost put up about as much of a fight with Goku as Buu did vs Gohan initially. That'd put Piccolo under SSJ3 Gotenks but above FP Fat Buu, maybe he'd be SSJ Gotenks level at this point but able to amp his power to near SSJ3 Gotenks levels (if such a thing existed) at the cost of stamina. That is still manga Piccolo. Anime Piccolo was likely hovering around Buu arc Majin Vegeta level or somewhere close to that compared to Frost who was still likely Super Buu level like the manga. Anime Piccolo's SBC can reach God Tier or close to it with a massive amp as seen with how it easily pierced Vados barrier. That's a good indicator of Piccolo's potential.

Then he kept training and was actually focused. A focused Piccolo, training for a goal nets some of the best results in the series. I believe a few years passed after the U6 tourney to the ToP. So that Piccolo trained to his potential and reached SSG tier or close to it in that time. Okay, maybe not God tier exactly but effortlessly above what Buu arc SSJ Vegeto can do IMO.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:30 pm

I don't think Frost is anywhere near SSJG level.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I don't think Frost is anywhere near SSJG level.
define "near" lol? He has to be stronger than anything from the Buu arc for this to make sense. I definitely agree he isnt close to SSG level but it depends how you define "close"

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:04 pm

He would still solo all of Z without effort.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 pm

zarmack wrote:
He would still solo all of Z without effort.
Yeah being weaker than SSJG doesn't necessarily mean you can't stop everyone from Z. I think he would destroy everybody from Z with the only one even having a remote chance would be SSJ Vegetto.(I still think he would lose)

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:36 am

In fact, frost demonstrated to be only Ssj+ level in the anime at the top, being capable to dominate ssj Vegeta and outsmart him, capturing him with the mafuuba.
At the top,
ff freezer>god goku>hit>dyspo>>sn piccolo >>>base piccolo>>frost ff>Vegeta/goku Ssj>weaker pride troopers>base goku /vegeta>ssj1-2 u6 saiyans>>>>niggrishi>>koitsukai/panchia/bollarator>base gohan

And anyway, if ssj level at the top is ≥ god from bog IMO, so >>>>>vegetto z