Son Goku (Angel) Having His Hidden Potential Unlocked By Mr. Grand Elder Guru (Angel)...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Son Goku (Angel) Having His Hidden Potential Unlocked By Mr. Grand Elder Guru (Angel)...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:35 am

In between the seven years after the defeat of Super Perfect Cell at the hands of Son Goku (Angel), Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan, and even the likes of Full Power Super Saiyan Vegeta, if Son Goku (Angel) had actually met with Mr. Grand Elder Guru (Angel) in the part of the enormous Otherworld making up Heaven itself and had his inner power awakened by the father of over a hundred, how would this seemingly small change have been responsible for any differences in the Saga of Majin Buu and Peaceful World Saga of the original Dragon Ball Z series, Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn and Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon of the Movies Timeline, and for those who would want to go beyond Dragon Ball Z, Black Star Dragon Ball Saga, Baby Saga, Super 17 Saga, and Shadow Dragons Saga of Dragon Ball GT? As to be honest not a lot of thought went into the very creation of the Dragon Ball Super series.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Son Goku (Angel) Having His Hidden Potential Unlocked By Mr. Grand Elder Guru (Angel)...

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

I can't see Goku improving much, if at all. Vegeta's power was raised to its limits and then further courtesy of Babidi's magic -- that was only enough to put him on par with Goku in his Super Saiyan 2 form. Goku has likely been stressing himself to maintain an upright station at the plateau of his own potential.If there were still some untapped potential then it probably wouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things. You're likely to get a more potent result by offering the Elder Kaioshin's potential unlock. Still wouldn't be enough to compare to his son. In fact, I'm not even sure if he could compare to any stronger transformed iterations of Gotenks. This was part of the era where hybrid potential was emphasised to be greater than full blooded Saiyans.

With the Grand Elder's ability, Goku might just pull ahead of his canonical power enough to handle Kid Buu without the need for the Spirit Bomb or a failed charging up sequence while others stall for time. One ramification here is that Good Buu is killed before he's given the chance to be expelled from Kid Buu's body. No one besides Mr Satan showed interest in Buu's well-being here. Goku would have no pretense or foreknowledge to warrant Buu coming back -- he has Uub to look forward towards as a fighting partner. Meanwhile, everyone else is resurrected thanks to Porunga and Earth is reconstituted. Most everything turns out for the better here.

Since I'm unfamiliar with GT and the films, I'm just going to cite Super. If the BOG arc lacks Buu to agitate and antagonise Beerus then it's likely the Hakaishin returns to sleeping after partaking in some delicious food, disappointed about the lack of legend fulfillment. No one ever learns about the legend of the Super Saiyan God. Goku and Vegeta might be compelled to train in the hopes of challenging Beerus one day. Regardless, in about three years time when Freeza is resurrected they all die. Thanks to having the knowledge of Goku having defeated Buu and challenged Beerus, Freeza will still feel compelled to train.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Son Goku (Angel) Having His Hidden Potential Unlocked By Mr. Grand Elder Guru (Angel)...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:47 pm

Lionel wrote:I can't see Goku improving much, if at all. Vegeta's power was raised to its limits and then further courtesy of Babidi's magic -- that was only enough to put him on par with Goku in his Super Saiyan 2 form. Goku has likely been stressing himself to maintain an upright station at the plateau of his own potential.If there were still some untapped potential then it probably wouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things. You're likely to get a more potent result by offering the Elder Kaioshin's potential unlock. Still wouldn't be enough to compare to his son. In fact, I'm not even sure if he could compare to any stronger transformed iterations of Gotenks. This was part of the era where hybrid potential was emphasised to be greater than full blooded Saiyans.

With the Grand Elder's ability, Goku might just pull ahead of his canonical power enough to handle Kid Buu without the need for the Spirit Bomb or a failed charging up sequence while others stall for time. One ramification here is that Good Buu is killed before he's given the chance to be expelled from Kid Buu's body. No one besides Mr Satan showed interest in Buu's well-being here. Goku would have no pretense or foreknowledge to warrant Buu coming back -- he has Uub to look forward towards as a fighting partner. Meanwhile, everyone else is resurrected thanks to Porunga and Earth is reconstituted. Most everything turns out for the better here.

Since I'm unfamiliar with GT and the films, I'm just going to cite Super. If the BOG arc lacks Buu to agitate and antagonise Beerus then it's likely the Hakaishin returns to sleeping after partaking in some delicious food, disappointed about the lack of legend fulfillment. No one ever learns about the legend of the Super Saiyan God. Goku and Vegeta might be compelled to train in the hopes of challenging Beerus one day. Regardless, in about three years time when Freeza is resurrected they all die. Thanks to having the knowledge of Goku having defeated Buu and challenged Beerus, Freeza will still feel compelled to train.
1) If this Son Goku was 42% stronger than his canon counterpart was in the Buu Saga, would he have done better against stopping the idiot known as Full Power Super Saiyan Majin Vegeta from trying to kill several members of the audience in the World Tournament Stadium and eventually going up against Super Saiyan 2 Majin Vegeta in an effort to stop the latter for good?

2) How strong do you think this same Son Goku as above would become if before facing off against Frieza in their rematch for the fate of not just the Earth, but the Universe itself, he had taken Trunks Brief and Son Goten with him to go train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for 5 years, very similar to when how Son Goku and Vegeta had prepared themselves for the Tournament of Destroyers in Dragon Ball Super, as a result of both Trunks Brief and Son Goten this time around being completely motivated to train themselves enough to become as strong or stronger than Son Goku himself?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm

1. If he remained in base while trying to repel Vegeta's attack then the tragedy would have been all the same. Now fighting Vegeta? Depends on whether Goku was willing to spare Vegeta's feelings or not. Should he be sincere in his intentions to prevent Buu from being unleashed then Majin Vegeta would have been easily defeatable with a 42% gap. Dabura's hand is forced and he is having to do battle with Gohan once again. Ultimately, the whole scheme is likely to fall apart. Goku returns to the afterlife. Vegeta is probably going to be confronted by everyone for murdering those people. Since this is before his epiphany, what's his attitude like? I can't imagine his psyche isn't going to come out of this fractured and damaged. Tensions will probably be strained here. Logically, Vegeta should be alienated and arrested. Is that liable to happen? No, because accountability in this show is almost non-existent.

2. Training with two Saiyan hybrids for so long would see Goku netting a massive boost in power. Enough to give the necessary power for fighting Freeza? In his suppressed forms, maybe. Final and golden forms may still be out of reach. It took power on the scale of SSJG and the blue form to contend with them. Goten and Trunks could end up stronger but probably still not enough to handle golden. Now Gotenks? That could be argued.