Would The Z Senshi Have Discovered SSJG On Their Own?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would The Z Senshi Have Discovered SSJG On Their Own?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:32 pm

The Saiyans of Earth always end up fighting some new threat every now & then so once Pan came into the picture as a SSJ, could they end up giving their combined power as SSJs(similar to DBGT) to Goku for the latest enemy, and then poof! Goku is now a SSJG? Or would Goku even need 5 SSJs to achieve it if Vegeta could obtain SSJG/SSJB on his own?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Would The Z Senshi Have Discovered SSJG On Their Own?

Post by Lionel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Without the understanding of the existence of a new type of ki, I'm thinking the group would have likely just continued to grow stronger using their standard mortal ki. The exposure of new levels of threats could give the necessary stimuli for the Saiyans to reach new dimensions. If a celestial being ever explained the concept of their unique ki then it's possible the Saiyans could investigate it. Would it lead to the discover of SSJG? Not on its own. They would probably have to chance upon it after having incorporated god ki into their systems and attempting to transform.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Why not? After all, Yamoshi and co. apparently figured it out on their own.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 pm

The form? I highly doubt it

The level of power that goku reached in BoG? Absolutely. Hell if Gohan had even casually trained between the Buu Arc and BoG, he would have given Beerus a WAY better fight than SSG Goku ended up giving him

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Unlikely. We have seen a continuity where they don't get introduced to God Ki in GT.

If anything, it's more likely they'd end up developing Ultra Instinct at some point, unless it requires God Ki.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:43 pm

theherodjl wrote:The Saiyans of Earth always end up fighting some new threat every now & then so once Pan came into the picture as a SSJ, could they end up giving their combined power as SSJs(similar to DBGT) to Goku for the latest enemy, and then poof! Goku is now a SSJG? Or would Goku even need 5 SSJs to achieve it if Vegeta could obtain SSJG/SSJB on his own?
They honestly wouldn't need it anyway. As we see, characters that don't even have god ki are tremendously powerful as well. Jiren was never stated to have God Ki. I think the Z fighters are highly adaptable and as long as they have an opportunity to survive they will come back and learn powerful ways to defeat big threats. Saiyans would've evolved a new form if they never knew about god ki, hence SSJ4.

But as we see, even the humans and Piccolo have quickly adapted to it. Throughout the ToP characters like Piccolo and Krillin have provided accurate power readings for the characters with God Ki. Frieza can apparently sense it as well. They adapt quick.

Besides all that, the idiot Supreme Kai should have taught them about God Ki and if he didn't suck so bad he would've known about SSG in the past.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-