How far would any of these characters go in DB?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

How far would any of these characters go in DB?

Post by zarmack » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm

To fans of any of the anime/manga listed, I want to know how you think any of these characters stack up to DB powerscaling wise.

1. Naruto
2. Ichigo (Bleach)
3. Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho)
4. Toriko
5. Luffy (One Piece)
6. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
7. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
8. Guts (Berzerk)
9. Simon (Gurren Lagann)
10. Sailor Moon
11. Gon (Hunter x Hunter)
12. Natsu (Fairy Tail)
13. Mediolias (7 Deadly Sins)
14. Eren (AoT)
15. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
16. Saitama (One Punch Man)
17. Ryuko (Kill La Kill)
18. Deku (My Hero Academia)
19. Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
20. Madoka (Magical Madoka)
Last edited by zarmack on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: How far would any of these character go in DB?

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:20 pm

I don't think this really fits "In-Universe discussion." Maybe this should be in the "Versus" thread or something.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Well I've only seen a couple of these so I can only speak for yuske and gon ... It appears yuske can fly against sensui and by the end he is many times stronger than his fight against sensui I would put him in between Goku at the 23rd tournament and raditz . And gon is tougher to judge he appears to have a super charged punch and can causally cut tough opponents in half. I would put him maybe equal to King piccolo or below slightly.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:45 pm

1. Naruto freezer saga
2. Ichigo (Bleach) siyan or namecc saga , I'm not sure
3. Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho) idk
4. Toriko idk
5. Luffy (One Piece) early saiyan saga
6. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) if he's composite, he solos all of dbs/dbgt
7. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) early saiyan imo
8. Guts (Berzerk) idk
9. Simon (Gurren Lagann) solos the composite verse
10. Sailor Moon idk
11. Gon (Hunter x Hunter) idk
12. Natsu (Fairy Tail) namecc saga i think
13. Mediolias (7 Deadly Sins) i saw only untill ep 14 as it is now, and judjing by that he's maybe red ribbon saga tier
14. Eren (AoT) 21st tenkaichi
15. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya) solos the dbs/dbgt verse
16. Saitama (One Punch Man) namecc saga imo
17. Ryuko (Kill La Kill) idk
18. Deku (My Hero Academia) maybe he's taobaibai tier, but it could be an exageration imo
19. Saber (Fate/Stay Night) idk
20. Madoka (Magical Madoka) solos the composite verse

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How far would any of these characters go in DB?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 pm

I haven't been keeping up with Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, lately.

EoS Yusuke's power depends on how you interpret the feats and statements about Raizen and the 3 kings. He could be anywhere from 23rd Budokai level to Saiyan saga Vegeta level.

I haven't gotten to the end of Toriko yet.

Jotaro is insanely fast and has very broken abilities with his Stand, but he doesn't have much power or range. So if he was starting right up next to someone he could probably be as deadly as Hit could be, but from a distance he could lose to much weaker characters.

Kenshiro is weaker than King Piccolo in terms of raw power, but he does have the ability to make you explode with a touch, and a technique that makes him intangible. Like Jotaro he could be really dangerous in a close quarters fight, although probably not as much so.

Guts could probably take on Kid Goku in the first few chapters of the manga... he would get stomped by Roshi or anyone close to that level though.

I'm assuming you're allowing Simon to form his mecha, and if he has it in its most powerful form then I could see only Zeno or Super Shenron being able to beat him.

Manga Sailor Moon is pretty powerful I hear but I am no expert. She might be on SSJG level? Not sure.

Gon could maybe beat Goku from the 21st Budokai, if he doesn't transform into an Oozaru.

I dropped FT a long time ago.

No idea about the next two.

Seiya gets more ass pulled powerups than Goku does... I really can't keep track of everything he's been able to do. I recall him surviving a total reality reset or something, and if that is the case then even Zeno might not be able to beat him.

It's completely unknown how strong Saitama actually is, but he is limited by physical factors, such as the need to breathe and the inability to fly. So I don't really see him getting past the Namek saga (if worse comes to worse, Freeza's favorite strategy of blowing up the planet from under him would definitely work).

Don't know about the next three.

Madoka's power is kind of vague. I think at her best she was sort of an abstract being similar to Infinite Zamasu, so Zeno could probably erase her.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:44 pm

15. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya) Oh boy he would rofl stomp everyone :D

From DB to DBS and DBGT. Remember this guy can kill God.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:07 am

1. Naruto caps out on BoZ Piccolo or 21st TB Roshi. Naruto hasn't shown near the capability to destroy the moon.
6. Jotaro caps out on 21st TB Goku. Sure Jotaro has time-stop, but can he sufficiently hurt Goku?
9. With SSTGL, it becomes hazy. STTGL could possibly be matched by Beerus but for sure by Zeno.
11. Gon caps out on 21st TB Budokai Goku.
14. Eren gets stomped by 21st TB Goku. Eren wouldn't even be able to see how fast Goku is nor be able to take his attacks.
16. Manga Saitama only casually stopped an Earth crust destroying attack. With that, I would say that Saiyan Arc Vegeta can match him.
18. Deku gets stomped by 21st TB Goku unless he luckily gets a full-power hit on Goku.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:24 am

Naruto, Luffy and Yusuke - don't know, probably weaker than Goku of the beginning of Z.
Kenshiro - maybe as strong as King Piccolo.
Guts - weaker than Goku of 21th Budokai.
Simon - weaker than Beerus, probably.
Eren - weaker than Goku of 21th Budokai.
Pegasus Seiya and Saitama - probably weaker than Goku after his training in 100 G.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:46 am

i have seen like none of the shows these characters come from besides sailor moon, and sailor moon would def kick any db characters ass.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Helios518 wrote:1. Naruto caps out on BoZ Piccolo or 21st TB Roshi. Naruto hasn't shown near the capability to destroy the moon.
6. Jotaro caps out on 21st TB Goku. Sure Jotaro has time-stop, but can he sufficiently hurt Goku?
Well Stands can phase through physical matter. so he could use Star Platinum to pinch off a crucial blood vessel in his brain or something. Star Platinum is also FTL. TBH I don't see any character from Z (save Buu, due to his amorphous body) being able to handle him in a close quarters fight where they don't know what they're dealing with in advance. At the point where Goku fought Hit though, Jotaro probably wouldn't be much of an issue.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:i have seen like none of the shows these characters come from besides sailor moon, and sailor moon would def kick any db characters ass.
To me, she stops around the ToP arc. Could probably beat 1st UI Omen Goku with her strongest form.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Helios518 wrote:1. Naruto caps out on BoZ Piccolo or 21st TB Roshi. Naruto hasn't shown near the capability to destroy the moon.
Well Stands can phase through physical matter. so he could use Star Platinum to pinch off a crucial blood vessel in his brain or something. Star Platinum is also FTL. TBH I don't see any character from Z (save Buu, due to his amorphous body) being able to handle him in a close quarters fight where they don't know what they're dealing with in advance. At the point where Goku fought Hit though, Jotaro probably wouldn't be much of an issue.
1. That's out of character for Jotaro to do that with Star Platinum. If Jotaro were to do that, then he wouldn't constantly do a barrage of punches. It's like believing Goku would start a battle with SSBKKx20 Genki-Dama.

2. It can be argued that Star Platinum is only FTL when time is stopped. If SP was truly FTL then that would scale to SIlver Chariot as well which wouldn't make sense because it was explicit that SC could barely react to light-speed Hanged Man.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Helios518 wrote:1. That's out of character for Jotaro to do that with Star Platinum. If Jotaro were to do that, then he wouldn't constantly do a barrage of punches. It's like believing Goku would start a battle with SSBKKx20 Genki-Dama.
Well I suppose, although he might try it if he sees that his normal attacks aren't having much of an effect.
2. It can be argued that Star Platinum is only FTL when time is stopped. If SP was truly FTL then that would scale to SIlver Chariot as well which wouldn't make sense because it was explicit that SC could barely react to light-speed Hanged Man.
Hanged Man was also invisible while it was moving, so that is another reason they couldn't catch it that easily. Silver Chariot was able to deflect light beams from The Sun, and the time stopping and FTL are mentioned separately in the Stand description for Star Platinum in Part 6. You also have stuff like Kars reacting to Stroheim's ultraviolet beam in Part 2, Crazy Diamond outspeeding Red Hot Chili Pepper in Part 4, etc. So there are decent arguments for some of the Stands being that fast.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:35 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Hanged Man was also invisible while it was moving, so that is another reason they couldn't catch it that easily. Silver Chariot was able to deflect light beams from The Sun, and the time stopping and FTL are mentioned separately in the Stand description for Star Platinum in Part 6. You also have stuff like Kars reacting to Stroheim's ultraviolet beam in Part 2, Crazy Diamond outspeeding Red Hot Chili Pepper in Part 4, etc. So there are decent arguments for some of the Stands being that fast.
Hanged Man wasn't invisible while moving, it was in fact, a light moving and explicit that it was traveling at that speed. Otherwise, wouldn't have known Polnareff knew the trajectory that Hanged Man could take.
Believing that feats you mentioned, were intended to be light speed, should also have you believing Kid Goku dodging Staff Officer Black's laser, Freeza Arc Goku reacting to Ginyu's change (the attack was described as light), and Kid Goku outspeeding the Roshi's Taiyoken as lightspeed feats.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Hanged Man was also invisible while it was moving, so that is another reason they couldn't catch it that easily. Silver Chariot was able to deflect light beams from The Sun, and the time stopping and FTL are mentioned separately in the Stand description for Star Platinum in Part 6. You also have stuff like Kars reacting to Stroheim's ultraviolet beam in Part 2, Crazy Diamond outspeeding Red Hot Chili Pepper in Part 4, etc. So there are decent arguments for some of the Stands being that fast.
Hanged Man wasn't invisible while moving, it was in fact, a light moving and explicit that it was traveling at that speed. Otherwise, wouldn't have known Polnareff knew the trajectory that Hanged Man could take.
Believing that feats you mentioned, were intended to be light speed, should also have you believing Kid Goku dodging Staff Officer Black's laser, Freeza Arc Goku reacting to Ginyu's change (the attack was described as light), and Kid Goku outspeeding the Roshi's Taiyoken as lightspeed feats.
It was effectively invisible as it was indistinguishable from the normal sunlight - in fact it just used the sunlight as a medium through which to travel. That's why they had to predict its position in advance as it could only move in a linear path.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:22 pm

zarmack wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm To fans of any of the anime/manga listed, I want to know how you think any of these characters stack up to DB powerscaling wise.

1. Naruto
2. Ichigo (Bleach)
3. Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho)
4. Toriko
5. Luffy (One Piece)
6. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
7. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
8. Guts (Berzerk)
9. Simon (Gurren Lagann)
10. Sailor Moon
11. Gon (Hunter x Hunter)
12. Natsu (Fairy Tail)
13. Mediolias (7 Deadly Sins)
14. Eren (AoT)
15. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
16. Saitama (One Punch Man)
17. Ryuko (Kill La Kill)
18. Deku (My Hero Academia)
19. Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
20. Madoka (Magical Madoka)
1. Up to Namek Saga Vegeta (before fighting Zarbon)
2. Up to Saiyan Saga Goku (KKx3)
3. Up to Captain Ginyu
4. Up to Android 18 (Z)
5. Up to King Piccolo arc Goku
6. Up to Namek saga Freeza normally, solos with Eyes of Heaven
7. Up to a Saibaman
8. Up to Raditz
9. Solos
10. Up to 1st Omen Goku, solos as Sailor Cosmos (if they are the same character)
11. Up to 22nd TB Goku
12. Up to 23rd TB Tien
13. Up to King Piccolo arc Goku
14. Up to 21st TB arc Goku
15. Up to Full Power Jiren (not Awakened)
16. Depends on how you define his power.
17. Up to Beginning of Z Goku
18. Up to 21st TB arc Goku
19. Up to Beginning of Z Goku
20. Solos
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat May 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Saitama probably beats Gogeta. He is a gag character whose strength can’t be rivaled.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:37 pm Saitama probably beats Gogeta. He is a gag character whose strength can’t be rivaled.
Saitama is not a gag character, nor does he have infinite power (only infinite potential). Those myths have been debunked multiple times already.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Bleach characters can only be harmed by other reiatsu-users, so I'd say that Ichigo has it in the bag.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:23 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 pm Bleach characters can only be harmed by other reiatsu-users, so I'd say that Ichigo has it in the bag.
Bleach characters are basically spirits (& reiryoku/reiatsu = ki), which Dragonball characters can sense and harm.