So future trunks learned to use god ki right?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

So future trunks learned to use god ki right?

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:44 pm

So future trunks in his fight against Goku black and zamasu learned to use god ki. I mean this ssj rage had the same blue aura as ssgss just used in a different way. I don't understand that people don't agree on this it was essentially half regular super saiyan half ssgss right ?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: So future trunks learned to use god ki right?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't see why not. Trunks made a few, other asspulls in both the anime & manga so him gaining God Ki is not impossible. Lavendar, Bergamo, and Basil also had God Ki IIRC.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Ssjcell wrote:So future trunks in his fight against Goku black and zamasu learned to use god ki. I mean this ssj rage had the same blue aura as ssgss just used in a different way. I don't understand that people don't agree on this it was essentially half regular super saiyan half ssgss right ?
We have absolutely no idea why his aura resembled SSGSS. Your interpretation isn't necessarily wrong because it was never explained so it is kind of completely left open to your personal interpretation.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:01 am

Absolutely not kek

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:20 am

Nope. The only indication of god ki is that their power can't be sensed and we were never given that vibe from Trunks. You could argue that with that form he was subconsciously learning to either tap into god ki from watching his dad and Goku (hence the half and half look) or it was a precursor to his Sword of Hope. Either works, it's not that big of a deal in the end.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:28 am

This is the kind of thing that will probably only be answered in a databook or something.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:24 am

Pure headcanon. That was never explained in the anime. Super Saiyan Rage is just a stupid asspull to let Future Trunks stand a chance against Zamasu, nothing more. Toei realized that they made Goku Black and Zamasu way too OP with their perfect coordination (they are the same person) and combo (Ultimate strength + Immortality), so they decided to give Trunks a power-up in the laziest possible way.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:50 am

There is a good possibility.

Also I think this is one of things Vegeta tried to teach him in their training.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 am

theherodjl wrote:Lavendar, Bergamo, and Basil also had God Ki IIRC.
Nope. As far as we know, only Vegeta, Goku and Toppo had God Ki in the ToP.

Trunks having some degree of God Ki would explain hismassive improvement AND why he first bulk up but then slims down when goes SSAnger: he basically goes SS2-Grade3 bulking up, but the mixed up God Ki slims he down like he does in the SSG form. Nothing was ever stated about it, though

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:33 pm

theherodjl wrote:I don't see why not. Trunks made a few, other asspulls in both the anime & manga so him gaining God Ki is not impossible. Lavendar, Bergamo, and Basil also had God Ki IIRC.
I'm not sure about the U9 guys having god ki, but to your initial point, I think if Trunks had God ki it would first off make sense and make the other horrendously bad asspulls much easier to digest. He really should have had it. He trained with a Kai, constantly fought a fallen Kai, and trained with his father who used SSB. With Trunks apparently being such a genius they could have easily explained that his continuous exposure to god ki allowed him an affinity with it, enough to actually use it on instinct to defend himself. An easy thing since Saiyans have such a haxxed out adaptive evolutionary ability. But Toriyama san passed on that easy field goal unfortunately.

*edit* some of this stuff is kind of implied though if we don't take the name of the form Super Saiyan Rage too literally.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 pm

He learned to use Toei Ki

A form of Ki which is mysteriously absent from the Super manga