Does Super Saiyan 2 Have A Form Similar To Ascended Super Saiyan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Does Super Saiyan 2 Have A Form Similar To Ascended Super Saiyan?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 am

Like the Super Saiyan form having a Second Grade known as an Ascended Super Saiyan, is it possible that the Super Saiyan 2 form has a similar stage in-between itself and the Super Saiyan 3 form, and what do you think it would look like in terms of both the appearance and the power of this hypothetical Ascended Super Saiyan 2?
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tectorman
Regular

Re: Does Super Saiyan 2 Have A Form Similar To Ascended Super Saiyan?

Post by Tectorman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Actually, I'd call SSJ3 the Ascended version of SSJ2 (energy-intensive, longer hair, deformed look (brow instead of muscles)), making manga-Trunks's improved SSJ2 and Vegeta's "My Bulma" SSJ2 the most likely candidates for the Full Power version of SSJ2.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:13 pm

I choose to interpret the super saiyan transformations as not merely being numerical multipliers, but a kind of manifestation of the way we generally interpret the body's ability to perform. In a post a while back that I can't seem to find, I laid it out like this:

Base = your normal everyday Joe Schmo

SSJ = a person who's into calisthenics/plyo, healthy and fit individual

SSJ grades = some dude who bulks at the gym

SSJ2 = professional athletic training for a combined strength/speed/endurance affair, the epitome of physical ability

SSJ3 = steroids

One could reasonably assert that an ascended SSJ2 state makes no sense, because it's already as far as a person can naturally progress.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 am

Sure.
In dbs, both anime and manga, we have seen that future trunks had unlocked em, in differend incarnations.
In the anime he had the buff one, in the manga he had the other one

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:41 am

p-hyvo wrote:Sure.
In dbs, both anime and manga, we have seen that future trunks had unlocked em, in differend incarnations.
In the anime he had the buff one, in the manga he had the other one
Power wise, I choose to go in the same way of ssj1 grades : ssj2 g2 = x1,2 ssj2, ssj2 g3 = x5 ssj2(but too slow)

Even thought we have never seen ssj2 g2. Both anime and manga versions appeared to grant the same power up, even it design wise is different