Would SSJ3 Vegetto Have Been Enough To Challenge Beerus On Kaio's Planet?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Would SSJ3 Vegetto Have Been Enough To Challenge Beerus On Kaio's Planet?

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Miracles wrote: Yep. People need to stop trying to spin the story. Beerus would of wasted any version of Vegetto/Gogeta. Super Saiyan god Goku is stronger than Vegetto too. This is a canon fact.
That is also not fact. SSG Goku was also not enough, he got beaten by Beerus who can no-sell CSSB Vegeta's punch. There is uncertainty especially in light of subsequent events when base Kefla fodderized SSG Goku & base Gogeta could push Broly further than SSB Goku & Vegeta together ever could.
I'll hold off on the Broly speculation till we actually see the fight. As far as SSJ god Goku in BoG, naturally it would get surpassed due to SSB coming in on the scene.
Even golden Freeza was stronger than red in RoF. So Kafla beating red Goku now does not invalidate god's strength being above Vegetto then.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:35 am

Miracles wrote: I'll hold off on the Broly speculation till we actually see the fight. As far as SSJ god Goku in BoG, naturally it would get surpassed due to SSB coming in on the scene.
Even golden Freeza was stronger than red in RoF. So Kafla beating red Goku now does not invalidate god's strength being above Vegetto then.
That didn't even counter my original point.

Fusion as it stands has been proven to be more superior than SSG or SSB individually. Anime Kefla is proof of that. Manga Vegetto is proof of that (given he blew half of Merged Zamasu off with a Kamehameha in base). More than likely, Gogeta is proof of that too.

Goku thought fusion wouldn't beat Beerus. SSG didn't either, and even worse we later find out that Beerus had been massively holding back.

Anime-wise, if all suppressed Jiren needed was literally one finger to stop SSG Goku, I have zero doubt in my mind that casual Beerus could've neck tapped SSG Goku the exact same way as he did towards SSJ3 Goku.

Do I think BoG Vegetto would fare any better? Prob not. Is BoG SSG Goku significantly stronger (if he's even stronger at all) than SSJ Vegetto? We don't know either. Honestly I wouldn't even put him above SSJ2 Vegetto.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:37 am

Rakurai wrote:Anime-wise, if all suppressed Jiren needed was literally one finger to stop SSG Goku, I have zero doubt in my mind that casual Beerus could've neck tapped SSG Goku the exact same way as he did towards SSJ3 Goku.

Do I think BoG Vegetto would fare any better? Prob not. Is BoG SSG Goku significantly stronger (if he's even stronger at all) than SSJ Vegetto? We don't know either. Honestly I wouldn't even put him above SSJ2 Vegetto.
If Beerus wanted to he could finger click any of SSJ3 Vegetto or SSG Goku so it doesn't really especially matter which one is stronger as it pertains to how they would do against Beerus but I think the dialogue makes it pretty clear that SSG Goku is the stronger of the two.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 am

Rakurai wrote:
Miracles wrote: I'll hold off on the Broly speculation till we actually see the fight. As far as SSJ god Goku in BoG, naturally it would get surpassed due to SSB coming in on the scene.
That didn't even counter my original point.

Fusion as it stands has been proven to be more superior than SSG or SSB individually. Anime Kefla is proof of that. Manga Vegetto is proof of that (given he blew half of Merged Zamasu off with a Kamehameha in base). More than likely, Gogeta is proof of that too.

Goku thought fusion wouldn't beat Beerus. SSG didn't either, and even worse we later find out that Beerus had been massively holding back.

Anime-wise, if all suppressed Jiren needed was literally one finger to stop SSG Goku, I have zero doubt in my mind that casual Beerus could've neck tapped SSG Goku the exact same way as he did towards SSJ3 Goku.

We know SSJG is stronger than Vegetto in any iteration because Goku as a god would give Beerus a formidable opponent according to the oracle fish.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 am

Rakurai wrote:
Dbzk1999 wrote:Really not seeing why vegetto wouldn’t be able to use SSJ3. If he could use Instant Transmission (which vegeta has no idea how to do while goku does) I’m not seeing why he’s not able to use a form that his biology allows him to and one of the fusees knows how to do it.
Transformations & techniques are in different categories.

Vegetto went SSB against Merged Zamasu in the manga, but never completed it even though Goku could.
There wasn't a point to completing it when

A) Regular blue was enough

B) It was a high risk- high reward technique at the time.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Vegetto went SSB against Merged Zamasu in the manga, but never completed it even though Goku could.
That doesn't show that he's unable to do so though. He was already totally dominating Zamasu as he was, and he wasn't aware of his time limit being depleted below
Rakurai wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote: The problem with going by that is that the Super manga still has it as a permanent transformed state, so dependent on the media, it's still a valid counterpoint. Besides, this was still Gohan fusing while in his Ultimate form (we can clearly see that he is in that form when Goku threw the earring at him and when he later found it), a form he cannot access Super Saiyan in, yet Rou Kaioushin indicated the fusion could still transform to Super Saiyan after. Regardless of whether or not it was a permanent transformation, Rou Kaioushin indicated that while knowing Gohan was going to be going into the fusion in a transformed state that he couldn't access Super Saiyan in.
Bullshit, Super manga has his Ultimate as his natural state as it should be. Just like BoG.

Fighting Beerus in his natural, and therefore his "Ultimate" state:
Then going SSJ to perform the ritual:
Then he's seen back the same way:
Elder Kai is also unreliable when it comes to Potara fusion. This was the same guy who claimed that Goku would remain permanently fused with whoever when obviously that's not true for mortals.

Then Kefla wonders if he can even use SSJ anymore. He responds back by saying he has no need to, not that he can't. Kefla affirms by questioning why he has no need to. The narrative makes it clear that Gohan, while he in principle could still go SSJ, chooses not to because of his new training regime.

Actually, all you've done is just prove it was a temporary transformation even in Super's manga, so I'll concede to that point. In Gohan's reaction to learning Videl's pregnant, you see him missing any of the hair strand over his head, something he would have even at that angle. So he was in his actual normal state at that point.