Would SSJ3 Vegetto Have Been Enough To Challenge Beerus On Kaio's Planet?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: Would SSJ3 Vegetto Have Been Enough To Challenge Beerus On Kaio's Planet?

Post by Rakurai » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:40 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Officially though, they're all just her Berserker form and then controlled versions of her Berserker form. They're not actually Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2, but her own unique line.
What do you mean "officially?" Officially speaking in terms of marketing they are her SSJ/SSJ2 forms. In the anime they don't call it "Controlled Berserker" or "Unique Super Saiyan." They don't even care to highlight why she has the different green tint to her hair.

You are ignoring the evidence in front of you in favor of fandom semantics.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 am

Rakurai wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:
Officially though, they're all just her Berserker form and then controlled versions of her Berserker form. They're not actually Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2, but her own unique line.
What do you mean "officially?" Officially speaking in terms of marketing they are her SSJ/SSJ2 forms. In the anime they don't call it "Controlled Berserker" or "Unique Super Saiyan." They don't even care to highlight why she has the different green tint to her hair.

You are ignoring the evidence in front of you in favor of fandom semantics.
In the anime, the form you're referring to as her Super Saiyan 2 is called "true legendary Super Saiyan" by Goku, and both it and her "Super Saiyan" form quite clearly are referred to in the anime as being controlled versions of her Berserker state. At no point is it stated or even suggested that they're equivalents of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 for her, and instead are just varying degrees of control of her Berserker form. A single piece of merchandise (which I might add isn't created by Toei or Shueisha) doesn't supersede what is stated and shown in the anime.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 am

No, she's never called "true legendary" in the anime.

Likewise, we have her Buff, officially called Berserk (not SS), Controlled Buff (no official designation as of yet), controlled Slim (officially SS) and controlled Slim with lightning and greener hair (officially SS2)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:29 am

Well seeing as how base Kefla was stronger than SSG Goku even though Kale and Caulifla are weaker than Goku and Vegeta, I can only guess that base Vegetto would be stronger than SSG Goku as well. That means Goku had no fucking idea what he was talking about and Vegetto had a much better chance of beating Beerus than SSG.

And if you want to ignore Kefla and say she doesn't count for some reason, then seeing as how pre-retcon BoG arc Beerus was forced to use 10% of his power against SS2 Vegeta, then Vegetto would slaughter him regardless.

Obviously for the purpose of the story, Vegetto is weaker. Logically, there's no chance in hell he could be if you want to remain consistent with the rest of the series.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:01 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:No, she's never called "true legendary" in the anime.

Likewise, we have her Buff, officially called Berserk (not SS), Controlled Buff (no official designation as of yet), controlled Slim (officially SS) and controlled Slim with lightning and greener hair (officially SS2)
In the NEP previews for episode #114, Goku refers to her as a "true legendary". Likewise, she doesn't have lightning at any point in her aura during her "officially Ssj2" form, as all scenes depicting lightning near her is clearly Caulifla's Ssj2 and not emitting from her.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:Well seeing as how base Kefla was stronger than SSG Goku even though Kale and Caulifla are weaker than Goku and Vegeta, I can only guess that base Vegetto would be stronger than SSG Goku as well. That means Goku had no fucking idea what he was talking about and Vegetto had a much better chance of beating Beerus than SSG.
Or that SSG was achieved in a completely different way without a ritual and after he had already "made the power of SSG his own" which logically would yield less of an increase. In the strictest sense it is "head canon" but I mean it should have been obvious far before the Kefla shenanigans that the SSG multiplier was lesser because Goku didn't instantly one shot them going from SSJ2->SSG which should be a larger boost than SSJ2 individual->SSJ potara fusiona at a bare minimum. Goku isn't the one who doesn't have a fucking idea what he's talking about, and obviously SSG would be pointless if they already had access to potara fusion which was superior.
then seeing as how pre-retcon BoG arc Beerus was forced to use 10% of his power against SS2 Vegeta, then Vegetto would slaughter him regardless.
Weren't you the one saying that all this meant was that rage Vegeta>Vegetto when this happened? Now you are saying Vegetto would slaughter Beerus now?
there was no retcon. Beerus lied about using 100% of his power and so naturally he lied about using 10%. It was just to make things more dramatic than "Wow that was crazy I had to use 0.0000001% of my power against you Vegeta!"
Logically, there's no chance in hell he could be if you want to remain consistent with the rest of the series.
Not at all. There's no reason to think Vegetto would be stronger than SSG Goku. You're going off of illogical premises that don't make sense with the rest of the series in and of themselves. That's why the comment "I didn't know this level of power could exist" is there.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:44 pm

I wanna say vegetto gets destroyed within a minute or so

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Ssjcell wrote:I wanna say vegetto gets destroyed within a minute or so
Lol that's what you SHOULD be saying. Vegetto would get his face pounded in and may not even entertain Beerus at all like SSG Goku did.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Lol that's what you SHOULD be saying. Vegetto would get his face pounded in and may not even entertain Beerus at all like SSG Goku did.
Yeah he has no shot unless he is ssg

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Ssjcell wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Yeah he has no shot unless he is ssg
Yes. Goku didn't match Beerus until he achieved the 3rd UI Omen,and obviously surpassed Beerus when he Completed Ultra Instinct. So then we have:

Beerus~3rd UI Omen Goku>2nd UI Omen Goku>1st UI Omen Goku>ToP SSBKKx20 Goku>Hit Arc/Post-Zamasu SSB Goku>U6 Arc SSBKKx10 Goku>U6 Arc SSB Goku> RoF Arc SSB Goku>BoG SSJ Goku(post-ritual)>=BoG SSG Goku

....and with Beerus at the top of that power chain, Vegetto would be behind everything in it, so needless to say he would get his shit wrecked.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

PFM18 wrote:In the strictest sense it is "head canon"
Right, so it doesn't matter.
PFM18 wrote:because Goku didn't instantly one shot them going from SSJ2->SSG which should be a larger boost than SSJ2 individual->SSJ potara fusiona at a bare minimum.
Barely anyone ever instantly one shots anyone in this show. We've been over this. We're talking about the show where Goku is known to hold back for no reason at all. He was having trouble against literally everyone in the Tournament of Power.
PFM18 wrote:Weren't you the one saying that all this meant was that rage Vegeta>Vegetto when this happened? Now you are saying Vegetto would slaughter Beerus now?
Yes, that was then under the assumption that power boosts would stay consistent, and this is now, knowing how strong Vegetto should be scaling off of Kefla.
PFM18 wrote:Beerus lied about using 100% of his power and so naturally he lied about using 10%.
Now this is the most blatant headcanon I've ever read in my life. It's "natural" that he lied, like it's "natural" that we shouldn't take characters at face value even though their statements would only be contradicted multiple arcs later. Beerus lied about 100% of his power but he clarifies this when the battle ends; at no point does he ever contradict his 10% power statement, which would make sense considering the BoG arc was obviously following the "Beerus uses 70% of his power against SSG Goku" plot point of the movie. Does it pain you so much to admit Super fucked up in one thing? Toei was rewriting the BoG arc and could obviously not foresee where Toriyama would take the series. Beerus' power was clearly silently retconned as the series progressed and nobody thought it necessary to address the 10% line because they just assumed fans would sweep it under the rug.
PFM18 wrote:There's no reason to think Vegetto would be stronger than SSG Goku. You're going off of illogical premises that don't make sense with the rest of the series in and of themselves. That's why the comment "I didn't know this level of power could exist" is there.
I'm going off the information that the series has given us and assuming that multipliers and scaling remains consistent. You're throwing your own headcanon into the discussion and arbitrarily deciding which statements matter and that multipliers change between scenes.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:19 pm

I have point out there's no reason for Beerus to lie about the 10% thing, unlike Goku who factually got stronger as the fight progressed with SSG, Vegeta blew his whole load by the time the comment happened. There's no reason for Beerus to tell him this unless you want to insert some contrived scheme to piss Vegeta off more.

But honestly, if Beerus WANTS to make Vegeta angrier to see how big his power will get, why not just attack Bulma more severely? just slapping her made him flip shit and get to 10%.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:Right, so it doesn't matter.
It's still just a logical extrapolation. It's only "head canon" in the strictest sense because they didn't spoonfeed things like that to you.
Barely anyone ever instantly one shots anyone in this show. We've been over this. We're talking about the show where Goku is known to hold back for no reason at all. He was having trouble against literally everyone in the Tournament of Power.
Well then let's flip it to the other side of the coin, maybe he doesn't one shot them, but he would be so overwhelmingly stronger that he wouldn't even need to block or dodge, he could just tank everything could he not? Akin to SSB Vegeta's first encounter with Jiren or Goku's first encounter with Jiren before he went SSG. Sure, people aren't one shot especially frequently in this show(Maji Koyo vs Jiren and Vegeta vs Frost being exceptions) but the "I don't have to bother doing anything to defend against your attacks because I'm so far above you" happens fairly frequently, in the ToP especially. It was evident immediately that the boost wasn't as large even before Kefla came into the picture, sure, you can call it head canon, but again, it SHOULD be obvious to anyone involved.
Yes, that was then under the assumption that power boosts would stay consistent, and this is now, knowing how strong Vegetto should be scaling off of Kefla.
Well then maybe you could have caught a hint when Goku said he adapted to the power of SSG and made it his own. The boost obviously wouldn't be the same I don't see how it would be. "Oh sure I made it my own but also that doesn't actually mean anything and this form(that I also achieved by completely different means) still somehow does the same thing" doesn't seem logical to me.
Now this is the most blatant headcanon I've ever read in my life. It's "natural" that he lied, like it's "natural" that we shouldn't take characters at face value even though their statements would only be contradicted multiple arcs later.
Beerus lied about using 100% to push Goku and for dramatic affect. I don't see how it isn't a logical extrapolation of that to say he was also lying about using 10% when just an arc later we see SSB dwarfs the SSG-absorbed SSJ and he's still nothing to Beerus. Sure, it is possible that Toei didn't foresee this 10% comment being completely invalidated and they made a mistake, but I would rather not delve into pure conjecture speculating about Toei's intentions.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:34 pm

PFM18 wrote:It's still just a logical extrapolation. It's only "head canon" in the strictest sense because they didn't spoonfeed things like that to you.
It's not. It's a clumsy explanation of something that is inconsistent. You're arguing that the multiplier for the same form is different for arbitrary reasons.
Well then let's flip it to the other side of the coin, maybe he doesn't one shot them, but he would be so overwhelmingly stronger that he wouldn't even need to block or dodge, he could just tank everything could he not? Akin to SSB Vegeta's first encounter with Jiren or Goku's first encounter with Jiren before he went SSG. Sure, people aren't one shot especially frequently in this show(Maji Koyo vs Jiren and Vegeta vs Frost being exceptions) but the "I don't have to bother doing anything to defend against your attacks because I'm so far above you" happens fairly frequently, in the ToP especially. It was evident immediately that the boost wasn't as large even before Kefla came into the picture, sure, you can call it head canon, but again, it SHOULD be obvious to anyone involved.
Again: this is a show where power isn't properly represented and characters dodge and block when they don't need to. Jiren was blocking and dodging BASE Goku and Vegeta's hits in 128 and the two were surviving Jiren's blows instead of being instantly one shot. This episode alone should completely destroy any visual evidence you may have.
Well then maybe you could have caught a hint when Goku said he adapted to the power of SSG and made it his own. The boost obviously wouldn't be the same I don't see how it would be. "Oh sure I made it my own but also that doesn't actually mean anything and this form still somehow does the same thing" doesn't seem logical to me.
What doesn't seem logical is Goku absorbing the form and still being able to use it and get a multiplier boost from it, so let's not talk about what "makes sense" and "seems logical" when Goku using SSG again is entirely illogical to begin with.
Beerus lied about using 100% to push Goku and for dramatic affect. I don't see how it isn't a logical extrapolation of that to say he was also lying about using 10% when just an arc later we see SSB dwarfs the SSG-absorbed SSJ and he's still nothing to Beerus. Sure, it is possible that Toei didn't foresee this 10% comment being completely invalidated and they made a mistake, but I would rather not delve into pure conjecture speculating about Toei's intentions.
Again, Beerus lying about 100% is contradicted in the same arc. Beerus using 10% is only contradicted by on-screen evidence multiple arcs later and it is not hinted at ONCE that he's lying to Vegeta during their exchange or scenes in the arc following it. To assume Beerus was lying in the context of the Battle of Gods arc for no reason at all, with no hints given, is a far greater assumption than simply assuming he was speaking the truth, that the arc was following the movie's power scale and that Beerus' power was later retconned for convenience's sake.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:54 pm

It's not. It's a clumsy explanation of something that is inconsistent. You're arguing that the multiplier for the same form is different for arbitrary reasons.
lol "The same form for arbitrary reasons"

Alright then:

1. A form that is achieved by COMPLETELY different means.
2. A form that is used after it was already stated multiple times that he made that power his own.

Is not "the same form for arbitrary reasons. it is very concrete that these are NOT the same circumstances or even close to it.
Again: this is a show where power isn't properly represented and characters dodge and block when they don't need to. Jiren was blocking and dodging BASE Goku and Vegeta's hits in 128 and the two were surviving Jiren's blows instead of being instantly one shot. This episode alone should completely destroy any visual evidence you may have.
So I give you two counter examples about characters being one shot, and you giving me one example of Jiren blocking Base Vegeta is supposed to disprove my point? Are you serious right now?

That's the exception and not the rule. If that's the only instance that you can come up with, you're just reinforcing my point because just off the top of my head in the show that you claim doesn't have one shots, Vegeta one shotted Frost, Jiren one-shotted Maji Kayo, Jiren one shotting Kale, Freeza one-shotted that flying fighter, SSJ Kefla one shotted SSB Goku, and Beerus(essentially) one shotted SSJ3 Goku. You're argument just isn't supported quite frankly.
What doesn't seem logical is Goku absorbing the form and still being able to use it and get a multiplier boost from it, so let's not talk about what "makes sense" and "seems logical" when Goku using SSG again is entirely illogical to begin with.
They explicitly distinction between the SSJ-absorbed SSG and the SSG form because SSG still has God Ki. SSG is just a result of Goku utilizing God Ki, and despite making the power his own, his normla forms don't use God Ki. So that makes perfect sense.
Again, Beerus lying about 100% is contradicted in the same arc. Beerus using 10% is only contradicted by on-screen evidence multiple arcs later and it is not hinted at ONCE that he's lying to Vegeta during their exchange or scenes in the arc following it. To assume Beerus was lying in the context of the Battle of Gods arc for no reason at all, with no hints given, is a far greater assumption than simply assuming he was speaking the truth, that the arc was following the movie's power scale and that Beerus' power was later retconned for convenience's sake.
I already explained how it isn't even multiple arcs later that this is established not to be the case. The fact that Beerus lied about the amount of power he used in another instance of similar context is hint enough, we don't need anything further. You're just assuming that they follow the same scale because you just kind of arbitrarily assume that this is a result of Toei's incompetence based on your preconceived notions about Toei, despite absolutely nothing even mildly indicating them having the same scale.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:11 pm

PFM18 wrote:Alright then:

1. A form that is achieved by COMPLETELY different means.
2. A form that is used after it was already stated multiple times that he made that power his own.

Is not "the same form for arbitrary reasons. it is very concrete that these are NOT the same circumstances or even close to it.
It's the same form. This is the equivalent of arguing that Goku and Caulifla's Super Saiyan forms have different multipliers because one was achieved through rage and the other through a tingly back. You'd have more of a point in this case, actually, since the forms belong to different characters.
So I give you two counter examples about characters being one shot, and you giving me one example of Jiren blocking Base Vegeta is supposed to disprove my point? Are you serious right now?

That's the exception and not the rule. If that's the only instance that you can come up with, you're just reinforcing my point because just off the top of my head in the show that you claim doesn't have one shots, Vegeta one shotted Frost, Jiren one-shotted Maji Kayo, Jiren one shotting Kale, Freeza one-shotted that flying fighter, SSJ Kefla one shotted SSB Goku, and Beerus(essentially) one shotted SSJ3 Goku. You're argument just isn't supported quite frankly.
It's not the exception. Here: Jiren blocking Goku and Vegeta, Frost blocking Roshi, Freeza blocking Cabba, Goku blocking Ribrianne, so on and so on. It happens multiple times throughout this show. Your examples just fuel my argument. I'm saying that visual evidence of "this character one shotted x character" or "this character didn't dodge from x character" doesn't matter because the show is random and arbitrary as to how it depicts its fights, and here you are giving me more evidence that the show is, indeed, arbitrary in how it chooses to depict its fights, so... thanks?
They explicitly distinction between the SSJ-absorbed SSG and the SSG form because SSG still has God Ki. SSG is just a result of Goku utilizing God Ki, and despite making the power his own, his normla forms don't use God Ki. So that makes perfect sense.
So SSG uses God Ki, and that's the source of its power. And Goku absorbs the power of SSG into his SS form, but somehow he doesn't absorb the God Ki into it as well in spite of it being the source of SSG's power to begin with.

Yeah, makes no sense at all.
I already explained how it isn't even multiple arcs later that this is established not to be the case.
No you didn't. There's nothing in the BoG or ResF arcs that disproves the statement that Beerus was using 10% of his power. The earliest instance of this statement being put into question is when Goku first uses Kaioken and is still implied to be weaker than Beerus.
The fact that Beerus lied about the amount of power he used in another instance of similar context is hint enough, we don't need anything further. You're just assuming that they follow the same scale because you just kind of arbitrarily assume that this is a result of Toei's incompetence based on your preconceived notions about Toei, despite absolutely nothing even mildly indicating them having the same scale.
No, I'm assuming that it's an understandable oversight on Toei's part because they were following the script of a movie with a very clear and explicit powerscale (Beerus 70% vs SSG Goku) and had no idea where the series would go after it. You're implicitly assuming that Toei was planning some kind of grand narrative where powerlevels make sense from start to finish and there's no kind of inconsistency or retcon at all in the 131 episodes and 4 self-contained arcs.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
In the anime, the form you're referring to as her Super Saiyan 2 is called "true legendary Super Saiyan" by Goku, and both it and her "Super Saiyan" form quite clearly are referred to in the anime as being controlled versions of her Berserker state. At no point is it stated or even suggested that they're equivalents of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 for her, and instead are just varying degrees of control of her Berserker form. A single piece of merchandise (which I might add isn't created by Toei or Shueisha) doesn't supersede what is stated and shown in the anime.
Super Saiyan Blue Evolution is a name that was initially revealed in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, owned by Bandai Namco. As it turns out, the name was also in the character design sheet for Vegeta's new sparkly form.

Super Saiyan 2 came from Dokkan Battle, which is also owned by Bandai Namco. The NEP preview calls her SSJ2 a "true legendary SSJ," yes. But I did some more digging and I found her character design sheet:

It's Super Saiyan 2 Kale! Dokkan Battle card names are always accurate. Dokkan Battle would not classify Kale's controlled form as SSJ2 for the hell of it.

So officially her Berserker form is actually an out-of-control version of her SSJ2 power. In whatever sort of way, Kale officially has SSJ2.

Back to my point. Kefla has SSJ2 because both Kale and Caulifla have SSJ2. There is still no logical evidence from other fusion examples that Z saga Vegetto should have SSJ3 right off the bat.

Therefore SSJ3 Vegetto is headcanon, period.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:24 am

Rakurai wrote: Therefore SSJ3 Vegetto is headcanon, period.
Just as it's headcanon to say that it isn't possible. Despite all that's been shown so far, you've given absolutely nothing to indicate that Vegetto didn't have access to Super Saiyan 3 during the Buu arc. The Daizenshuu and other guide books only mentioned what was physically demonstrated or what logical progression established HAD to be the case (as far as Gotenks having Super Saiyan 2 listed), so the absence of evidence for Vegetto's later forms cannot be taken, in the slightest, as evidence of absence. Insisting that something is head canon with a defense that is head canon is a bit contradictory, don't you think? If there was evidence that he didn't have access to it, that'd be one thing, but there isn't.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
Rakurai wrote: Therefore SSJ3 Vegetto is headcanon, period.
Just as it's headcanon to say that it isn't possible. Despite all that's been shown so far, you've given absolutely nothing to indicate that Vegetto didn't have access to Super Saiyan 3 during the Buu arc. The Daizenshuu and other guide books only mentioned what was physically demonstrated or what logical progression established HAD to be the case (as far as Gotenks having Super Saiyan 2 listed), so the absence of evidence for Vegetto's later forms cannot be taken, in the slightest, as evidence of absence. Insisting that something is head canon with a defense that is head canon is a bit contradictory, don't you think? If there was evidence that he didn't have access to it, that'd be one thing, but there isn't.
Taking absence of evidence as evidence is ridiculous. It is YOUR job to prove he could use SSJ3, either by databook statements, series logic, or some other official indication that Vegetto could access SSJ3.

The examples (SSJ4 Gogeta, SSB Vegetto, SSJ2 Kefla) I listed clearly prove that the logic in the series is if two people have the transformation, then the fusion can use it. You cannot extrapolate beyond that.

And just to be clear. I am not saying that Vegetto cannot achieve SSJ3 like Gotenks did. I am saying that Buu saga/BoG Vegetto being able to use SSJ3 right off the bat is headcanon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Last time I watched Battle Of Gods, Goku said that even if he and Vegeta fused it wouldn't be enough to defeat Beerus.

So... no. SSJ3 Vegetto wouldn't have been enough.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.