Full Power Super Saiyan 3...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dagon
Banned

Re: Full Power Super Saiyan 3...

Post by Dagon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Dagon wrote: GT Goku was a child. Enough said.
So you're saying that if GT base Goku had the same power level but with an adult body, he'd survive a black hole better than ToP DBS base Goku? Talk about absurd.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Dagon wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Dagon wrote: GT Goku was a child. Enough said.
So you're saying that if GT base Goku had the same power level but with an adult body, he'd survive a black hole better than ToP DBS base Goku? Talk about absurd.
I'm saying he'd survive just as well.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 pm

So an adult is several hundred billion times stronger than a child, yet with the same energy content. Ugh.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Dagon wrote:So an adult is several hundred billion times stronger than a child, yet with the same energy content. Ugh.
That isn't exactly what I'm saying. As an adult he's be much stronger than he was as a child in GT. As a child in GT in base form he seemed to be as powerful as a SSJ2 as and adult he'd be much stronger. TOP Goku was as strong as a baseline Super Saiyan or stronger in his base form. Therefore my logic makes sense. No matter what I say your going to decry it as ridiculous. You don't have to agree with me sir...……… But I would prefer it if you were more polite.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Dagon wrote:So an adult is several hundred billion times stronger than a child, yet with the same energy content. Ugh.
That isn't exactly what I'm saying. As an adult he's be much stronger than he was as a child in GT. As a child in GT in base form he seemed to be as powerful as a SSJ2 as and adult he'd be much stronger. TOP Goku was as strong as a baseline Super Saiyan or stronger in his base form. Therefore my logic makes sense. No matter what I say your going to decry it as ridiculous. You don't have to agree with me sir...……… But I would prefer it if you were more polite.
You can't equate forms between the two series because a SSJ1 from GT does not equal a SSJ1 from Super. You sound like you're trying to apply Death Battle's logic of scaling.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Dagon wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
You can't equate forms between the two series because a SSJ1 from GT does not equal a SSJ1 from Super. You sound like you're trying to apply Death Battle's logic of scaling.
You can if they are from the same franchise.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 am

Hulk10 wrote:
Dagon wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
That's like saying all versions of Superman have the same stats because they're from the same franchise...

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Dagon wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Dagon wrote: You can't equate forms between the two series because a SSJ1 from GT does not equal a SSJ1 from Super. You sound like you're trying to apply Death Battle's logic of scaling.
That's like saying all versions of Superman have the same stats because they're from the same franchise...
No it isn't.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Dagon wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
No it isn't.
Yeah it is. Different versions of Goku and other saiyans with different storylines and events and training etc. Your example is exactly like saying DCAU Superman = Main Superman = Silver Age Superman.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Dude.

That's THE WHOLE POINT of KI. Post-Z Goku's body reached maximum capability and cannot get really any stronger.
So he has to improve his Ki manipulation.

GT Goku was in a kid's body but his Ki manipulation ability was still the same as he was an adult, that's why he could still transform in Super Saiyan.
But because his body was not at peak power anymore, he had a number of issues and was therefore generally somehow weaker

Now, whether Base ToP Goku and GT Adult Goku had the same level of Ki manipulation ability, that's another issue altogether.
Hell, given ToP Goku trained with God Ki his Normal Ki manipulation might be lower than Adult GT Goku from the same timeframe, who would have only trained to refine his Normal Ki manipulation

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:17 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Dude.

That's THE WHOLE POINT of KI. Post-Z Goku's body reached maximum capability and cannot get really any stronger.

GT Goku was in a kid's body but his Ki manipulation ability was still the same as he was an adult, that's why he could still transform in Super Saiyan.
But because his body was not at peak power anymore, he had a number of issues and was therefore generally somehow weaker

Now, whether Base ToP Goku and GT Adult Goku had the same level of Ki manipulation ability, that's another issue altogether.
Hell, given ToP Goku trained with God Ki his Normal Ki manipulation might be lower than Adult GT Goku from the same timeframe, who would have only trained to refine his Normal Ki manipulation
Thank you.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:00 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Dude.

I'm saying GT base Goku did not display anything remotely close to black hole levels of durability. Hulk guy said it was ONLY because of having a child body, as if to say DBS Goku and GT Goku have the same power levels, which they don't. DBS Goku is lightyears ahead of GT Goku. I'm not even going to get into that can of worms because other people have already thoroughly explained it and I shouldn't have to be the messenger boy.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:13 pm

This is a very controversial issue here.