Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Goku & Friends Return - Still canon?

Post by DNA » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:03 am

KBABZ wrote:It's been a while since I watched it that one time, but I recall that they were surprisingly tough opponents at the very least.
You recall wrong, they were actually really week, to the point that even Mutenroshi was willing to give it a go at fighting them. They were quoted as "surpassing the Ginyu Tokusentai, maybe at Freeza level", which post Buu is nothing.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:25 am

KBABZ wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
KBABZ wrote:The lackadaisy tone of the episode means it has a decent argument in both directions: it's unimportant so there's no harm cutting it, and it's unimportant so there's no harm including it.

Outside of the introduction of Tarble, I think the special is supplanted by Battle of Gods in a thematic sense because both revolve around the main cast of characters holding a reunion party for a special occasion which is interrupted by a villain from nowhere who is seemingly insurmountable, and goes undefeated by the time the story ends.
Abo and Cado were insurmountable and undefeated?
It's been a while since I watched it that one time, but I recall that they were surprisingly tough opponents at the very least.
Goku one-shotted their fused form.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:24 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Abo and Cado were insurmountable and undefeated?
It's been a while since I watched it that one time, but I recall that they were surprisingly tough opponents at the very least.
Well um... oops.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Tarble has been continuously brought up as just "hes out there." Supposedly, hes mentioned in the new movie at one point. So I'm guessing it remains in continuity with the main timeline. Sometime after the death of Kid Buu but before BoG and Super

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:04 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
KBABZ wrote: It's been a while since I watched it that one time, but I recall that they were surprisingly tough opponents at the very least.
Well um... oops.
Its still very similar to BoG in many ways. Id love more content like it tbh. I liked the relatively low stakes action being played for laughs. Plus, it was a decent exhibition for Goten and Trunks. Too bad Goku stole their spotlight :lol:
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Of course its still canon.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.