Which Tier Is The Lowest Level Of Power Required To Make It Through DBZ's Various Threats?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Which Tier Is The Lowest Level Of Power Required To Make It Through DBZ's Various Threats?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:05 pm

What I mean by this is what would be the minimal power level one needs to defeat DBZ's villains before they transform or awaken from dormancy?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Which Tier Is The Lowest Level Of Power Required To Make It Through DBZ's Various Threats?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:00 pm

With enough intelligence and foresight, you wouldn't need much power at all.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Which Tier Is The Lowest Level Of Power Required To Make It Through DBZ's Various Threats?

Post by PFM18 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm

I don't really understand the thread. What do you mean "awaken from dormancy"? Why are they assumed to be in dormancy at the time?

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:With enough intelligence and foresight, you wouldn't need much power at all.
Dragonball has consistently shown itself to be a series where skill and intelligence is largely overrated. There's an entire thread pointing this out lol.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Well if this is just the Z era's threats, the saiyans and Frieza's forces are all fully active, that means that you'd SS Goku's namek power level if you want to clear that lot up safely.

The entire android arc can be prevented by a normal person provided they have foreknowledge of the events. Just shoot Gero (or stab what evers your poison... that works to), dismantle his lab and any androids he was working on, then blow the whole place up, making shore your don't miss the sub-basement. You'd need to train a bit just so your strong enough to kill Future Cell after you dig up his larval state, thats even if his has any power in that form.

Were things get tricky is with Babidi and his crew. With Dabura on side you'd need to be at least as strong as Perfect Cell to beat him. You cannot attempt to destroy Buu at that level as you risk awakening him so just move him or better yet dump him in a black hole. If you wanna destroy him personally then get your ass in the gym and don't come out till your as strong as SS3 Goku.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 pm

zarmack wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:With enough intelligence and foresight, you wouldn't need much power at all.
Dragonball has consistently shown itself to be a series where skill and intelligence is largely overrated. There's an entire thread pointing this out lol.
He's asking about neutralizing the villains before they become threats. Judicious use of intelligence data and Dragonball wishes will pretty much take care of that.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
zarmack wrote:
He's asking about neutralizing the villains before they become threats. Judicious use of intelligence data and Dragonball wishes will pretty much take care of that.
Oh. Then if that's the cause, being at least as strong as SSJ2 Gohan (Cell arc) is enough to stop every conflict in Z before they get out of hand.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:16 pm

If we're talking about the absolute minimum then if you can trick various villains into not taking you seriously and letting you do the Mafuba on them, it could be quite low.

Another possible way of defeating villains that have to breathe in space would be to go out in a spaceship and place a small pod or mini ship with a living organism like a frog or something in it, along with food and lifesupport systems. Place it far enough into space for the plan to work but still close enough that you can detect the frog's ki. Then all you need to do is learn IT and then what you'd do is simply IT the villains to where the frog is and IT back (or stay for a suicide kill), and if you've done it right they won't be able to fly all the way back before running out of air, not even remotely, considering how far you can sense even small ki if you concentrate. This method would require you to get close to the villains, but it's not impossible providing they are in character, and they don't even know what you are doing until they are already light years out in space. It would be easier to trick a high power character like Raditz (lol) into letting you teleport him into space, than it would to do the same thing to, say, the Red Ribbon Army, so when singular superpowered threats start appearing in the story, smart methods would actually pay higher dividends.

For the Frieza saga: Frieza can be beaten in his first form if you have a powerlevel at least that high. If Kaioken could stack with Oozaru, then even Saiyan Saga Vegeta might be able to defeat Frieza by getting someone else to engage him while he readies a huge blast. Alternatively, there might be ways to "make it through the threat" without killing Frieza or even engaging him at all. The IT method wouldn't work on Frieza. You could get him stranded in deep space, but I'm sure King Cold or his army would just track him down, and then he'd be after you again, and he'd never fall for the same trick twice. The Mafuba could theoretically work on Frieza. He'd think it was some weakling attack and then it would be too late. Just make sure you aim well, or you aren't getting a second chance.
The entire android arc can be prevented by a normal person provided they have foreknowledge of the events. Just shoot Gero (or stab what evers your poison... that works to), dismantle his lab and any androids he was working on, then blow the whole place up, making shore your don't miss the sub-basement. You'd need to train a bit just so your strong enough to kill Future Cell after you dig up his larval state, thats even if his has any power in that form.
Yeah, that's the minimum for that arc.

Defeating Dabura is going to require a super saiyan power of Cell level (whatever Cell that refers to, but I personally don't think it's Super Perfect Cell), but an alternative method would be to use Babidi, either killing him or taking him hostage. If Dabura is a breather, then you could try the IT method after using an appropriate bargaining set-up.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm

This.

I mean, for example, if you were to throw a Stand user from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's like Jotaro Kujo, Joseph Joestar, Rohan Kishibe or Giorno Giovanna into the Dragon Ball world, they would effortlessly kill the entire cast in seconds.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
This.

I mean, for example, if you were to throw a Stand user from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's like Jotaro Kujo, Joseph Joestar, Rohan Kishibe or Giorno Giovanna into the Dragon Ball world, they would effortlessly kill the entire cast in seconds.
Don't see how Joseph and Jotaro would be able to do that, they're smart and all, but ultimately too weak to do anything to them, specialy if we're talking about part 3 Joseph.

Giorno would only be able to do anything with GER, otherwise meh, without the arrow his stand acts too slowy to be effective, though if the characters are dumb enough to let him do his thing then he could do something at least...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:05 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
This.

Giorno Giovanna is the only Joestar that would make it past Namek (he would do extremely well in DBS also.)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:40 am

Just hide Goku from raditz, lie and say Goku died or went to Namek or something, get him killed by Nail.

Freeza you simply avoid, don't piss him off.

Kill or imprison Gero before he has a single android.

Buu you could wish for buus dormant egg to be sent to kaioshins planet, let them take care it Dabra is an issue, you could perhaps somehow find a way to speedblitz or kill babidi, preferably by seperating dabra first.

Once Dabra is free help him back to the demon realm and he'll probably be grateful.

Towa won't need to invent Mira as an instrument of revenge.

Goku doesn't get to godly heights and pisses of Zamasu.

No buu means beerus doesn't flip out.

No U6 v U7 tournament means no idea for ToP.
No two zeno samas means no board game which reminds him to erase shit.

I think Shin would eventually raise the mortal level, he was just a rookie.

Freeza Force never goes looking for Broly they die there eventually.

If you hide the egg from Babidi you could even snitch to him about Freeza and the Ginyus being good henchmen. He steals them and they all spend the rest of time searching for buy fruitlessesly.

If anyone tries to revive the demon realm. Brief supreme Kai about it. Introduce him to kaioshin of time. Have then contact a GoD the moment shit gets weird and have them blitz towa/Dabra whoever.

Snagging the super DBs and exploiting them could solve most things too.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 am

Well if we go by canon characters. Beerus and Whis kee to themselves. Cell and Darbura are high Ssj level or low ssj2. Those two are rare occurences within U7. Broly is stuck on a planet with no means of escape. Buu sleeps for thousands years at a time. And Frieza and his father are low to mid Ssj tier. So I’d say to be safe if you exclude Buu, Beerus, and Broly. Ha! The three B’s. And frieza doesn’t train. I’d say you’d need Ssj level being to a ssj2 level.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:05 am

theherodjl wrote:What I mean by this is what would be the minimal power level one needs to defeat DBZ's villains before they transform or awaken from dormancy?
None. You'd just have to have the courage to evoke Beerus and offer him good food. Continue to make offerings and your planet will always be spared. This is only if we know about Beerus and Whis and if our cries (and delicious desserts) can reach Whis' staff. He'll take care of Raditz, Vegeta, Babidi, Buu, no problem.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-