How strong do you think these Saiyans were before the destruction of Planet Vegeta?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How strong do you think these Saiyans were before the destruction of Planet Vegeta?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Such as Raditz, Nappa, Prince Vegeta, and Turles just before First Form Frieza had turned Planet Vegeta to a fireworks show with his Supernova in the Age of 737?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: How strong do you think these Saiyans were before the destruction of Planet Vegeta?

Post by Lionel » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 pm

I think Raditz was deemed powerful enough to qualify as a mid-class Saiyan warrior. What's strange is that we know his power level was a mere 1200. If he's supposed to represent the mid-class fighters, what does that mean for the low ranking ones? Can Freeza's generic grunt soldiers handle them? It implies that Bardock would have been weaker than him or, at best, close to.

Now for Nappa, we know he was a figurehead of the Saiyan army so if I had to guess, I would say his power was already close to what saw in the manga on Earth. For Vegeta's, we already have some discernible context on where he stood since he admitted to being stronger than his father at the time and that nothing appears to contradict the king's anime PL of 10,000.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: How strong do you think these Saiyans were before the destruction of Planet Vegeta?

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Probably the strongest being something like Nappa and Paragus, in the 4K range, and then everyone else falling between that and Raditz, with outliers like King Vegeta and his kid being way above that.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:54 am

10,000 seemed, at some point in the series, like and important benchmark. In the manga, Vegeta had a battle power of 24,000 on Namek and I think he stated that he was stronger than any saiyan before him; assuming the King, his father, was the strongest among their kin, then he was definitely below that… I believe that combining what is known from the Bardock special and the manga, it's implied that King Vegeta was somewhere over 10,000. That means every single saiyan was probably a lot lower than 10,000, being the low class ones possibly around 1,000.

I also believe saiyans relied hugely on their oozaru transformation; with their battle power in human form ranging between 1,000 - 10,000, 10x that would certainly make them a force to be reckoned across the galaxy/universe.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.