Favorite Saiyan character.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Favorite Saiyan character.

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 pm

My favorite Saiyan character is Broly. But in my opinion, the ideal Broly is one who has the skin tone, clothes and forms of the original and the temperament and power and battle improvements of the new one. And to have the forms of the old one, he'd need a tail.
Last edited by Hulk10 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Favorite Saiyan character.

Post by KBABZ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Kid Goku, country mile!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:47 am

My favourite is Gohan for personality factors that would run in opposition to what the typical Saiyan is like. To an extent I can also enjoy Future Trunks for his pragmatism and businesslike seriousness when confronting serious threats to the stability of the world. Also, I enjoy Cabba for similar reasons as stated with respect to Gohan.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:14 am

Goku!
And to be more specific, Goku from the 23rd TB arc to the Saiyan arc.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:29 pm

Goku. I like every single version of him. He's just a very likeable character to me. Second favorite would be Vegeta.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Goku Black. While his mind might be that of a Kai, his body is that of a Saiyan, so he counts. Aside from his unique and majestic techniques and massive impact on Super, I loved how the body of the Saiyan Goku started to influence Zamasu's divine mind, making him different from his Future counterpart. The result was a Kai who was still very haughty, polite and elegant, but started to enjoy fighting and raw power like the Saiyans do. This would make him clash with his Future counterpart, who instead couldn't fathom Black's desire to become stronger, and wished for an immortal body instead. Plus just the general concept of watching "Goku" committing genocide is chilling.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 pm

DB and GT - Goku
DBZ - Gohan
Super - Caulifla
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:51 pm

The Buu saga versions of Goku & Vegeta are the best written characters in the franchise, Saiyan or not.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Onio. Just to be different.

https://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Onio
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:56 pm

My favourite saiyan is Pan, her GT version to be more specific. She is perfect mix of one of the best characters in show: Videl, Gohan , Satan and ChiChi. It makes her awesome and complex character. This is probably the only character that i could hypotheticaly see to replace Goku as main star of show.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:12 pm

If Gattai Zamasu does not count, it is Broly. Even moreso considering he is a lot more than what people think.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Vegeta. I'm more a Vegeta fan than a Goku fan.

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:39 am

My favourite Saiyan character changes based on what part of the story I'm in. From the start of the Pilaf Saga to the end of the Saiyan Saga, my favourite character is Goku because of how entertaining he is to watch in the original Dragon Ball and the other Saiyans during the Saiyan Saga didn't really have a lot going on (Vegeta and Nappa seemed like generic bad guys, Gohan had more room to grow and Raditz was killed almost immediately).

During the Namek/Freeza Saga, Vegeta was my favourite because I love a good Anti-Hero. But after Goku turned SSJ, it was Goku again.

During the Artificial Humans/Cell Saga it was Trunks since I thought he was cool and I really liked the History of Trunks special. But at the end it was Gohan since SSJ2 Gohan is such a badass.

Then it was Vegeta again throughout the Majin Buu Saga.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 am

Goku, particularly in DB and early Z, but as I've grown older I really appreciate Vegeta's character a lot more.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Future Trunks. What's not to like? Granted, he only has a few appearances, but still. Also, he's the OG Broly. lol

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:51 pm

They all disappoint me at one point or another

Goku- I’m gonna be honest Kid Goku is the GOAT but he kind of bored me as an adult. Things he gets a pass for as a kid are less forgiving as an adult.

Vegeta- Vegeta the murderer and Vegeta the family man are fine. I could not care less about Vegeta the standard Shonen rival character

Gohan- Cute kid. Lame teenager. As an adult he might as well be Yamcha’s little brother

Trunks-Cool enough in the alternate future. Kid Trunks was kind of annoying though

Goten- Let’s be real here what even is the point of this character other than Toriyama thought it would be neat if Goku and Vegeta had sons who were best pals and Gohan was too old for Trunks?

Nappa- Nobody cares about Nappa. TFS parody was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Raditz- Don’t make me laugh

Brocoli- Yeah right. He sucks. Worst DBZ character

Telluce- Oh look its Evil Goku. Is he Goku’s twin brother? Nah he just looks like Goku so Toriyama/Toei didn’t have to come with a new character design

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:52 pm

If SSJ2 Vegeta can random-ass surpass SSJG Goku, then SSJ2 kid Gohan is de facto the strongest character in the entire series, fucking fight me.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:They all disappoint me at one point or another
And yet are still as a group better characters than all the other races in the franchise, and I always thought Kid Goku was overrated though.