Majin Son Goku...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Majin Son Goku...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:17 pm

If it was possible for Babidi to have possessed Son Goku in the Majin Buu Saga, would the second son of Bardock have received the same power boost as Vegeta did in canon or would the Dark Magic of Babidi have given Son Goku a different size of hidden potential to have unleashed? Also, what if this very same impossible scenario had happened to Son Gohan and Shin? With how powerful do you think each of the three hypothetical Majins would have become overall?
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Majin Son Goku...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the Majin boost was not a straight amp. It was the unlocking of dormant powers. I can’t imagine that Goku would have any dormant powers by the time he’s pushed his way into SSJ3. If we take the super god water at Karin’s word, Goku actually unlocked all his dormant power as a child, and it turns out it wasn’t that much.

Also it should be mentioned that Majin Son Goku is a complete fantasy that could never happen because Babidi hooks onto the evil of men’s hearts. It’s been shown many times actually that Goku has no evil in his heart at all.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:26 pm

The enhancement sorcery is intended to bring a person's latent potential out and then add onto it, similar to Elder Kaioshin's magic. Goku should see some kind of benefit -- how much is uncertain. Its greatest contribution might have been a greater resilience during combat with Kid Buu and the possibility of winning without need of the Spirit Bomb. Imagine the kind of butterflies that would have. If Vegeta doesn't clarify the wording of the wish then all those murdered at the stadium could be lost forever and Babidi and Dabura would be unintentionally brought back. Ironically, Gohan could still act as the hero of Earth in a way as he would be the only one available to quell this newly resurrected menace on the planet at the time.

Majin Son Gohan would probably be of a calibre that's still superior to his father. I'm of the opinion that the Kaioshin ritual is more potent overall. Shin? We have no understanding at all on what his potential is like. According to Elder Kaioshin, he's been slacking in his studies and training for some time now. If his predicament is any similar to Gohan's from early on in the Buu arc then he should possess a lot of untapped strength. My guess is that he would come close to rivaling Zamasu from the manga.

Apslup
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Apslup » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 am

I thought that the Babidi's magic only brought out latent potential (like Guru's ability to unlock latent potential), so it would probably effect Goku less since he was stronger than Vegeta at the time.

But I really don't see Goku, Gohan or Shin falling under Babidi's spell, since Babidi played on people's insecurities in order to let them fall under his spell (Vegeta wanted to be strong enough to beat Goku and Spopovich wanted to get revenge on Mr Satan for beating him at the previous Tenkaichi Budōkai).

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Just throwing this out there - we know that Goku as a kid was completely pure of heart, but isn't it possible that some of the experiences he's had since then have perhaps allowed some small amount of evil to be born in his soul? For example, his willingness to prioritize challenging fights over the safety of his planet and universe. There might not have been anything for Akkuman to exploit, but perhaps there is now something for Babidi to work with.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who's described as being the "warrior of rage" like Super Saiyan is could possess a serene heart that would be necessary for resisting Babidi's magic. On that note, I would say that immediately after Goku's discovery of Krillin's lifeless body and his blindly incensed outburst against Tambourine could be said to have at least some of the early tell-tale signs of a negative impulsion. His ability to ride the Nimbus argues to the contrary, but I think Toriyama probably wasn't all too interested in delving into the ramifications of blindly embracing your resentment and desire for retribution.

Goku and Gohan could probably stave off Babidi's mind control if they were determined to do so, but if they're in Super Saiyan form it's going to be much more difficult to manage. It's a form that inherently taps into the savagery and aggression that Saiyans are known for -- there's going to be some muddying of the waters under those circumstances.