Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm

theherodjl wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:Absolutely not. How do you even thought that was the case? Ssg is an unquantifiable quantity of times above ssj3, and ssb is ssj x ssg
And you know that SSJG is an "unquantifiable quantity of times above SSJ3" how exactly??? What proof is there at all that SSJG is even 10x stronger than SSJ3 in the current story? As pointed out already, SSJG was originally millions of times stronger than SSJ3 prior to the God ritual but after Goku absorbed the power into his ordinary form then all of his other forms vastly increased as well. Its at the point where SSJG is treated as a 4th SSJ form rather than a form that still remains several tiers above SSJ3 like it originally was.
About the ritual god, I speaked in another comment here.
Talking of post ritual god, I think it's fine to have it x25 ssj3

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:14 pm

p-hyvo wrote:About the ritual god, I speaked in another comment here.
That's kind of a random number really. The manga might have played up SSJG as "having the presence of a God" at the universal exhibition but the anime treated it purely as another form of SSJ that Goku stopped using because it was completely inferior to SSJB, the only reason he brought it back in the ToP being that it saves stamina which can be stated for the other SSJ forms as well. It'd make more sense for SSJB to be 25x SSJ3's power since it has had a much bigger impact & usage in DBS than SSJG ever demonstrated.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:10 pm

TobyS wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
TobyS wrote:In that case then there is still a ginormous leap between SS3 and Red.

Remember implicitly god is stronger than a hypothetical SS3 Veggetto/Gogeta.
A hypothetical SSJ3 fusion between Goku & Vegeta was never directly compared to SSJG.
As of the ToP, the power of a base fusion between Goku & Vegeta or Caulifla & Kale is superior to SSJG. SSJG is stronger than SSJ3 for sure but by leaps & bounds...eh, probably not
Yes it was. He said fusion probably wouldn't do anything to Beerus, but implicitly seemed to think he had a shot with god. He'd obviously be comparing the strongest Veggetto could go to.

Goku was tired AF when he fought kefla, regardless that was anime only so not Toriyama outline content or it'd be in both.

As for the new movie... Well I'd have to see it and I bet that wasn't a Toriyama contribution either way, shame there's no manga adaption to prove that though.
So do you disregard anything that doesn't appear in both versions?
p-hyvo wrote: Talking of post ritual god, I think it's fine to have it x25 ssj3
Isn't that a little much? If it was 25x SSJ3, that would make him 100x stronger than he was as a SSJ2, and that certainly doesn't' appear to be the case against Caulifla and Kale.

Personally, I go with 2x SSJ3.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:17 am

PFM18 wrote:
TobyS wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
A hypothetical SSJ3 fusion between Goku & Vegeta was never directly compared to SSJG.
As of the ToP, the power of a base fusion between Goku & Vegeta or Caulifla & Kale is superior to SSJG. SSJG is stronger than SSJ3 for sure but by leaps & bounds...eh, probably not
Yes it was. He said fusion probably wouldn't do anything to Beerus, but implicitly seemed to think he had a shot with god. He'd obviously be comparing the strongest Veggetto could go to.

Goku was tired AF when he fought kefla, regardless that was anime only so not Toriyama outline content or it'd be in both.

As for the new movie... Well I'd have to see it and I bet that wasn't a Toriyama contribution either way, shame there's no manga adaption to prove that though.
So do you disregard anything that doesn't appear in both versions?
p-hyvo wrote: Talking of post ritual god, I think it's fine to have it x25 ssj3
Isn't that a little much? If it was 25x SSJ3, that would make him 100x stronger than he was as a SSJ2, and that certainly doesn't' appear to be the case against Caulifla and Kale.

Personally, I go with 2x SSJ3.
X2 Is too little. There's nearly no gap and low god tiers coincides with high ssj3 tiers. The gap between god an ssj3 needs to be wider.
Moreover, the manga states that god is on another realm compared to ssj3, meaning it has to be at least x10 stronger cause x2 isn't exactly all that different
Last edited by p-hyvo on Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 am

theherodjl wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:About the ritual god, I speaked in another comment here.
That's kind of a random number really. The manga might have played up SSJG as "having the presence of a God" at the universal exhibition but the anime treated it purely as another form of SSJ that Goku stopped using because it was completely inferior to SSJB, the only reason he brought it back in the ToP being that it saves stamina which can be stated for the other SSJ forms as well. It'd make more sense for SSJB to be 25x SSJ3's power since it has had a much bigger impact & usage in DBS than SSJG ever demonstrated.
Not really.
Nothing contradicts it being x25 ssj3, and moreover blue is ssj x ssg in the anime, meaning ssb is basically god x50 for many people

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 am

p-hyvo wrote:
Not really.
Nothing contradicts it being x25 ssj3, and moreover blue is ssj x ssg in the anime, meaning ssb is basically god x50 for many people
Yes really.
If you're goung to argue that nothing contradicts it then I can just argue that nothing confirms it either.
In all the fights that SSJG appeared in, no one ever made some kind of note or statement that Goku had gone a couple dozen times higher between the ordinary SSJ forms & SSJG. Whenever there is such a distinct difference in power, someone or another always describes that the difference is some amount greater. With SSJ3 & SSJG though, the best we got us Whis describing SSJG as Goku's "4th form" over SSJ3. That doesn't scream "25x greater power over SSJ3!" but rather SSJG is just some degree stronger than SSJ3. Should we believe that SSJ4 is also 25x stronger than SSJ3 because its known to be stronger?
As for the difference between SSJG & SSJB, it is described as being "a SSJG that has gone SSJ" but there is a similar problem to SSJG in that no one ever remarks about the alleged 50x difference between the forms. In the manga, SSJG ends up being stronger than SSJB after Vegeta used it one time as an example to Cabba. I'd much rather believe that Vegeta didn't lose a x50 boost but a x2 one just from transforming one time.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:24 am

theherodjl wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
Not really.
Yes really.
If you're goung to argue that nothing contradicts it then I can just argue that nothing confirms it either.
In all the fights that SSJG appeared in, no one ever made some kind of note or statement that Goku had gone a couple dozen times higher between the ordinary SSJ forms & SSJG. Whenever there is such a distinct difference in power, someone or another always describes that the difference is some amount greater. With SSJ3 & SSJG though, the best we got us Whis describing SSJG as Goku's "4th form" over SSJ3. That doesn't scream "25x greater power over SSJ3!" but rather SSJG is just some degree stronger than SSJ3. Should we believe that SSJ4 is also 25x stronger than SSJ3 because its known to be stronger?
As for the difference between SSJG & SSJB, it is described as being "a SSJG that has gone SSJ" but there is a similar problem to SSJG in that no one ever remarks about the alleged 50x difference between the forms. In the manga, SSJG ends up being stronger than SSJB after Vegeta used it one time as an example to Cabba. I'd much rather believe that Vegeta didn't lose a x50 boost but a x2 one just from transforming one time.
No confirms but nothing against either.
Anyway, ssg is stated to be on another realm compared to ssj3, so the difference isn't poor anyway. Moreover, if the difference between ssj3 and god was poor, then why Owen in the manga described only the duel between god goku and toppo as "at the level of gods" and not the one between ssj3 goku and toppo? That sort of implies at least decent difference between the 2 forms
Anime and manga are different, in anime ssb is god x50 until someone says otherwise, in the maga it is usually considered to be x5 god, so it is a decent power up

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:18 am

Regarding the Kefla thing, it was already shown in the anime that Berserk Kale was strong enough to walk through a Kamehameha by SSJB Goku, and when she learned to control her power she was even stronger. I'd easily put both her and Caulifla at a level way beyond Vegeto in DBZ. So their fusion being able to beat SSJG/B Goku doesn't really say much about the multiplier not being that great.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:37 am

theherodjl wrote:
TobyS wrote: Yes it was. He said fusion probably wouldn't do anything to Beerus, but implicitly seemed to think he had a shot with god. He'd obviously be comparing the strongest Veggetto could go to.

Nope, that's headcanon. Goku couldn't actually know how strong SSJ3 Vegetto was since the fusion never used SSJ2 or even the full power of basic SSJ. To my knowledge, there isn't any reference to a hypothetical "SSJ3 Vegetto" in any guides or supplementary material released for either the BOG film or BOG arc for the anime. The argument that Goku was specifically referring to SSJ3 Vegetto when pondering if fusion could beat Beerus is merely fan speculation unsupported/unconfirmed by any official material.

Goku was not 100% obviously but I doubt he was really tired since he had more than enough stamina to keep the fight going at even more intense levels than what he had initially demonstrated prior to fighting Kefla.
Bullshit you just don't want it to be true so you ignore simple logic.

Goku can go super saiyan 3 , Veggetto has his memories and he is more skilled and powerful. He had no reason to turn higher than the SS1 he needed to batter boo (and we now retroactively know he would have defused had he done it)

It's like saying there's no guarantee Gogeta would be able to fly before the new movie came out if he didn't do it in the trailer. There's no reason to believe he can't.

Goku knows how much stronger SS3 makes him and he knows how strong Veggetto was. He can make a very accurate guess within a margin of error and saw it not likely enough to help to bother trying, even opting for this god thing they knew nothing about.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:15 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I would think that SSJG is a lot stronger than SSJ3. Maybe thousands, millions, or even billions of times stronger. As for SSJG to SSJB, it's probably less than that...
You are thinking of the ritual SSJG. Post-ritual SSJG, otherwise known as "Stacked" SSJG, is a smaller multiplier on top of SSJ3.

In the manga, SSJG Goku didn't absolutely leave everyone in the dust as SSJG form in the U6 tournament. In the anime ToP, Goku's use of SSJG was not portrayed as being an astronomically huge gap in its various scenes.

Someone brought up SSJG vs SSJ3 Vegetto; TobyS has it right. Goku would be able to judge how strong SSJ3 Vegetto would be; he was Vegetto previously.

I once had post-ritual SSJG as 10x SSJ3 and SSJB as 50x SSJG(it is SSJ with the power of SSJG). Then I compared to calculations of SSJ4(comparing with Super Dragon Ball Heroes' Xeno Goku). Now I'm starting to think it's 20x SSJ3, or something in that ballpark.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Let's be honest: Blue cannot be 50x God.

Nowhere we've been shown there is SO MUCH difference. Hell, with such difference the tactic to use God to save stamina and go Blue only when hitting would have been meaningless: God would have been 1/50th as fast as Blue so no way enough to actually even get NEAR to the opponent.

Likewise, in the manga we know Blue at 1/10th of power is weaker than God at full power
Blue>God>1/10th Blue. Which means Blue cannot be 50x, or it would have been 5x God still.

Ritual God was likely showing the full extent of the God Ki potential in a Saiyan.
Like, a limited time God Ki version of Ultimate.

After it, they cold still transform in God by going full God Ki, but it was limited to their ability at the time.
So they stacked Super Saiyan on it, managing to get a greater power in a shorter time than just training God.

Basically, I see God->Blue more like SS1->SS2 than Base->SS1

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:34 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:Let's be honest: Blue cannot be 50x God.

Nowhere we've been shown there is SO MUCH difference. Hell, with such difference the tactic to use God to save stamina and go Blue only when hitting would have been meaningless: God would have been 1/50th as fast as Blue so no way enough to actually even get NEAR to the opponent.

Likewise, in the manga we know Blue at 1/10th of power is weaker than God at full power
Blue>God>1/10th Blue. Which means Blue cannot be 50x, or it would have been 5x God still.

Ritual God was likely showing the full extent of the God Ki potential in a Saiyan.

After it, they cold still transform in God by going full God Ki, but it was limited to their ability at the time.
So they stacked Super Saiyan on it, managing to get a greater power in a shorter time than just training God.

You think that. Anime ≠ manga, You know? In the anime, blue = x50 god no doubt, we saw god goku "lose to base kefla, then she gets ssj and goku gets blue, and initially the match Is even. Then berserk kicks in, and first goku needs kaioken to stand, and in the end he gets "knocked out"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Dagon wrote:You are thinking of the ritual SSJG. Post-ritual SSJG, otherwise known as "Stacked" SSJG, is a smaller multiplier on top of SSJ3.
Well, careful. I agree with this, but the existence of a distinction between a ritual SSG and post-ritual SSG is still head canon. IMO, it is logical and rational head canon for something that went unexplained, but still, you can't go shopping it around as a fact.

I mean, I don't think anybody is claiming that it is 50x SSG in the manga. That Blue>God>1/10th Blue thing is manga-only and doesn't apply to the anime.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Wait, the comparison should be between SSG and Mastered SSB and not between Blue regular, right? After all, MSSB is basically the true power of SSB.

And between SSG and MSSB, I can say that MSSB is definitely MUCH stronger. Basically, Goku and Vegeta SSB together could not even touch Merged Zamasu, while MSSB Goku was able to match the merger and even use the Hakai. Beerus also noted that MSSB Vegeta might be able to be a GoD candidate in another universe (Vegeta also held his own against Beerus)

About the anime, I would say the same, the difference is great.
While Jiren stopped SSG Goku's punches with a finger, he had some work to defeat SSB.
Also, base Kefla was defeating SSG, and Goku (tired) just needed to use the SSB to even match his SSJ Berserker form.
With SSJ Berserker, Kale became more powerful than SSJ3 and traded punches with God Goku, but this power up was not enough for Kefla to beat a tired Blue Goku, even though she was defeating God Goku in base form. I think this shows how much Blue in the anime is stronger

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:43 am

PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote:You are thinking of the ritual SSJG. Post-ritual SSJG, otherwise known as "Stacked" SSJG, is a smaller multiplier on top of SSJ3.
Well, careful. I agree with this, but the existence of a distinction between a ritual SSG and post-ritual SSG is still head canon. IMO, it is logical and rational head canon for something that went unexplained, but still, you can't go shopping it around as a fact.
There are two main reasons why I say this:
1. In the DBS manga, post-ritual SSJG Goku is never stated to be several billion-trillion-fifilion times stronger than his SSJ3 state whenever he uses it.
2. Base Kefla was "tens of times" stronger than "more than" the sum of Kale and Caulifla, which would narrow down the probable range of the multiplier. Base Kefla would likely be tens of times stronger than max power Kale and Caulifla, plus some, and SSJG Goku be weaker than that.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
2. Base Kefla was "tens of times" stronger than "more than" the sum of Kale and Caulifla, which would narrow down the probable range of the multiplier. Base Kefla would likely be tens of times stronger than max power Kale and Caulifla, plus some, and SSJG Goku be weaker than that.
You’re definitely twisting Vados’ line. She only meant fusion would be tens of times stronger than the fusees in the same form. She never said anything about the fusion’s base form being more powerful than their strongest form.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 pm

In the anime, SSB seems to be a huge jump in power as mainly shown with the fight with Kafla. Base Kafla was fighting with a (tired) SSG Goku, and SSB Goku was fighting well with SS Kafla. Even if you were to super lowball, that would mean that the jump from SSG to SSB is around 50x but that doesn’t take into account that Kafla was using that weird SS that Kale.
That bulky version of that transformation made Geran twitch during meditation when SS3 Goku earlier did not, then when Kale controlled the form, it was stated that her power “massively increased.” and Kale uses the same form. That being said, that would make the jump from SSG to SSB at least more than 400x.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:27 am

Helios518 wrote: You’re definitely twisting Vados’ line. She only meant fusion would be tens of times stronger than the fusees in the same form. She never said anything about the fusion’s base form being more powerful than their strongest form.
Think about this: If base Kale is stronger than SSJG Goku, who is stronger than SSJ3 Goku, who is 4x SSJ2 Goku, who was fighting more or less in the ballpark of Kale and Caulifla in their strongest state, then base Kale being "tens of times" stronger than max power Kale and Caulifla combined actually fits with the fight we are shown. It could look something like:

Goku:
~SSJ2: 100
~SSJ3: 400
~SSJG: 800(minimum 2x SSJ3, likely more)

Kale/Caulifla(averaged to be the same for simplicity, it's just an example not verbatim my belief):
~SSJ2/Controlled Berzerk: 100

Kefla:
Base(Initial Suppressed): 1,000
Base(Full Power): 2,000(Tens being plural, thus minimum 20x for Potara Formula)

If it were only "tens of times equal forms," then there would be no way base Kefla could surpass SSJG Goku.
Helios518 wrote:In the anime, SSB seems to be a huge jump in power as mainly shown with the fight with Kafla. Base Kafla was fighting with a (tired) SSG Goku, and SSB Goku was fighting well with SS Kafla. Even if you were to super lowball, that would mean that the jump from SSG to SSB is around 50x but that doesn’t take into account that Kafla was using that weird SS that Kale.
That bulky version of that transformation made Geran twitch during meditation when SS3 Goku earlier did not, then when Kale controlled the form, it was stated that her power “massively increased.” and Kefla uses the same form. That being said, that would make the jump from SSG to SSB at least more than 400x.
From SSJG to SSJB being 50x is certainly plausible. Going up to or beyond 400x, not quite so certain, at least in the anime. The anime doesn't have "Perfected SSJB" that massively increases power, so it's kind of up in the air. Also, "massively increased" is a very loose description, it could mean anything. We saw supposedly "huge" powerups in DBZ that were only a few percentage points or less than 2x. Vegeta goes from even to KKx2 Goku(16k) to max power(18k) and impresses Goku by shaking the Earth. Not a huge numerical difference but it's treated like a big deal narratively. Freeza increasing from 70 to 100% is treated like a big deal despite only being a 30% improvement. So the series treats both "legitimately" large as well as small power ups the same depending on the plot at the moment. So we can't claim any sort of number based on a loose description like "massively" because of the series' history. We need to focus on tangible, as close to "numerical" statements as possible.

Anime version of SSJB could be a few or several hundred times SSJG, but strictly speaking, we don't have a super concrete statement indicating what number to use.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:38 am

Dagon wrote:
Helios518 wrote: You’re definitely twisting Vados’ line. She only meant fusion would be tens of times stronger than the fusees in the same form. She never said anything about the fusion’s base form being more powerful than their strongest form.
1) Think about this: If base Kale is stronger than SSJG Goku, who is stronger than SSJ3 Goku, who is 4x SSJ2 Goku, who was fighting more or less in the ballpark of Kale and Caulifla in their strongest state, then base Kale being "tens of times" stronger than max power Kale and Caulifla combined actually fits with the fight we are shown. It could look something like:

If it were only "tens of times equal forms," then there would be no way base Kefla could surpass SSJG Goku.
I understand it makes sense for Kafla’s Base to be that powerful. What I am saying is that you’re twisting Vados’ statement to mean it your way. Though that doesn’t stop her intended statement from being contradictory to what we’ve seen with fusion.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:19 am

Helios518 wrote: I understand it makes sense for Kafla’s Base to be that powerful. What I am saying is that you’re twisting Vados’ statement to mean it your way. Though that doesn’t stop her intended statement from being contradictory to what we’ve seen with fusion.
At least you understand my reasoning. I'm not trying to twist Vados' words, I'm just scaling according to what is shown on screen. If we're comparing Kefla's base to Kale and Caulifla's base, she'd be, well, far more than what would be considered "tens" of times stronger. She'd be several hundred or possibly over a thousand times stronger, comparing to equal forms. When comparing Kefla's base to Kale and Caulifla's max power, it just so happens that it's in the ballpark of tens of times that level, according to the scale of the fights shown on screen. Hopefully I've provided a new perspective for you.