Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote:You are thinking of the ritual SSJG. Post-ritual SSJG, otherwise known as "Stacked" SSJG, is a smaller multiplier on top of SSJ3.
Well, careful. I agree with this, but the existence of a distinction between a ritual SSG and post-ritual SSG is still head canon. IMO, it is logical and rational head canon for something that went unexplained, but still, you can't go shopping it around as a fact.
ankokudaishogun wrote:Let's be honest: Blue cannot be 50x God.
There are two main reasons why I say this:
1. In the DBS manga, post-ritual SSJG Goku is never stated to be several billion-trillion-fifilion times stronger than his SSJ3 state whenever he uses it.
2. Base Kefla was "tens of times" stronger than "more than" the sum of Kale and Caulifla, which would narrow down the probable range of the multiplier. Base Kefla would likely be tens of times stronger than max power Kale and Caulifla, plus some, and SSJG Goku be weaker than that.
I think it's more so just the simple facts that it used to be potara<SSG, and now it is SSG<potara, and Goku went SSJ2->SSG and clearly didn't get several magnitudes stronger.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:09 pm

I think SSG (Post-ritual) is Super's equivalent to SSJ4 = 100x stronger than SSJ3.

SSB should be (at least) 50x stronger than SSG, since its a hybrid of SSG and SSj1.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

If we talk only about the manga, where the power-scaling is more linear, no way in hell Blue is 50x God.
See how God>1/10 of Blue.

Because in Vegeta's and Goku's cases their speed is proportional to their power-levels(unlike, say, Dyspo), I'd say Blue is about 3-to-5 times God.

Now, TheSaiyanGod has a point: the Real Power of Blue is in the Complete Blue.

How much stronger than "inefficient" Blue is Complete Blue? I'd say not that much. Complete Blue, similarly to SS Grade-4, is more about EFFICIENCY than simple raw power

Complete Blue is likely about 2-to-3 times as strong a "inefficient" Blue, but with much less stamina consume and keeping it up all time, resulting in a massive efficiency improvement.

Which would mean 6-to-15 times God, depending on one's scale.

Now for the anime... power-levels are all around the place.
Due the ToP I stand my theory God and "normal" Blue aren't that far in power even in the anime, but Anime Blue is also much more energy-efficient than its manga versione. It's about ki control after all :wink: .
But due lack of direct statements like in the manga u6 saga, it's much harder to evaluate how much is the difference.

We have Jiren going from stopping Goku's attacks with a finger to actually parry. Such an improvement reinforces the idea Blue is NOT 50x God: if anything it's 2-to-3 times as strong.
...then again Jiren isn't exactly a useful paragon, given one minute later he'd pull Goku out of Blue Kaiohken by looking at him hard. It's impossible to ascertain how much of it was a play for psychological effect, if he kept his own power on the same level or if put more or less effort against Blue.
Goku could easily be 100x times God and Jiren would have been bored anyway-

manwolf
Not-So-Newbie

Post by manwolf » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Maybe, we know that super saiyan have the higher multiplier with a 50x multiplier. Super saiyan 2 have only a 2x multiplier and super saiyan 3 a 4x multiplier.

Super saiyan god have more that a between 10x and 30x of multiplier approximately, because use 70% of her power with Goku and 10% with Vegeta we can deduce that the increase are between that numbers.

Super saiyan blue have a few more that 10x of multiplier cause Goku is a little stronger that a weakened Vegeta.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:15 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote: I think it's more so just the simple facts that it used to be potara<SSG, and now it is SSG<potara, and Goku went SSJ2->SSG and clearly didn't get several magnitudes stronger.
I don't think potara changed, SSJG changed from ritual to non-ritual.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:29 pm

And I shouldn't write late at night because I managed to mess-up elementary school-level math -_-

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote:
That's what I said. They changed in relation to each other, because SSG had changed.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
That's what I said. They changed in relation to each other, because SSG had changed.
Ok I read your meaning backwards. It could also be Kale and Caulifla are not rivals, so they don't get rival boost, just standard boost.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:16 am

Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote: I don't think potara changed, SSJG changed from ritual to non-ritual.
Ok I read your meaning backwards. It could also be Kale and Caulifla are not rivals, so they don't get rival boost, just standard boost.
I'm pretty sure that the rival boost isn't a real thing. Somebody went into detail about it but I can't remember what exactly invalidated it.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:59 am

PFM18 wrote:
Dagon wrote:
PFM18 wrote: I'm pretty sure that the rival boost isn't a real thing. Somebody went into detail about it but I can't remember what exactly invalidated it.
A direct quote from Old Kai says rivals will produce a most powerful fighter.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Broly movie spoilers, regarding SSG’s multiplier:
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:14 pm

emperior wrote:Broly movie spoilers, regarding SSG’s multiplier:
Broly didn't become an Oozaru in the movie.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:43 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
emperior wrote:Broly movie spoilers, regarding SSG’s multiplier:
Broly didn't become an Oozaru in the movie.
I never said he did, but he’s able to use that power without transforming.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Trying to power scale SSJG while avoiding spoilers is difficult...

I did some scaling and if Broly's amplified base truly is 10x his normal base, for SSJG to be even 2x SSJ3, normal base Broly would need to be multiple times stronger than SSJ Vegeta. He'd need to be like halfway between SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku at least. Anything else would require SSJG to be less than 2x SSJ3, and that's highly unlikely.
This version of Broly continues to rise in power in all forms, right? Maybe his overall ki just got way bigger and then multiplied by 10. Then SSJG could be 2x SSJ3 or bigger and Broly just keeps rising. Or Broly's pseudo-Oozaru power is more than 10x. Maybe 100x.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Dagon wrote:Trying to power scale SSJG while avoiding spoilers is difficult...

I did some scaling and if Broly's amplified base truly is 10x his normal base, for SSJG to be even 2x SSJ3, normal base Broly would need to be multiple times stronger than SSJ Vegeta. He'd need to be like halfway between SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku at least.
THat makes sense to me. Broly's power is constantly growing, and he forced Vegeta into SSG, so I see no reason why Base Broly couldn't be multiple times stronger than SSJ Vegeta. A 2x SSJ3 multiplier works very well imo

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:23 am

It seems reasonable to me that Broly’s regular form can stand between SS3 and SSG and his rage form between SSG and SSB. By extension, I would compare his SS forms with Ultra Instinct variations.