Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:18 am

Is SSJG x2 greater than the previous form of SSJ3 & SSJB is x4 of SSJG just like how SSJ2 & SSJ3 are to SSJ? Or are the multipliers higher by a marginal or major amount?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do SSJG & SSJB Have Higher Multipliers In Proportion To SSJ2 & SSJ3?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:32 am

I would think that SSJG is a lot stronger than SSJ3. Maybe thousands, millions, or even billions of times stronger. As for SSJG to SSJB, it's probably less than that...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I would think that SSJG is a lot stronger than SSJ3. Maybe thousands, millions, or even billions of times stronger. As for SSJG to SSJB, it's probably less than that...
That may have been the case when Goku first unlocked SSJG but its now treated as yet another form of SSJ since Goku absorbed the power up into his base & his SSJ forms as well, SSJG is kind of Toriyama's version of SSJ4 while SSJB is 'SSJ5'.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I would think that SSJG is a lot stronger than SSJ3. Maybe thousands, millions, or even billions of times stronger. As for SSJG to SSJB, it's probably less than that...
I agree with that.
theherodjl wrote:
That may have been the case when Goku first unlocked SSJG but its now treated as yet another form of SSJ since Goku absorbed the power up into his base & his SSJ forms as well, SSJG is kind of Toriyama's version of SSJ4 while SSJB is 'SSJ5'.
Right. At the time he first unlocked it, it was millions of itmes, but obviously not anymore.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't think the gap between red and blue is too big otherwise flipping between them against Black wouldn't work, he'd just blitz them while in red before they could go blue.

But yeah if you don't believe Goku absorbed god power into his base or do believe in the 2 base theory which is certainly true in the manga. And contradictory in the crappily scaled anime which has copy vegeta base vs costumed beerus type filler and other filler which contradicts that, SS saiyaman vs Goku....

In that case then there is still a ginormous leap between SS3 and Red.

Remember implicitly god is stronger than a hypothetical SS3 Veggetto/Gogeta.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm

TobyS wrote: But yeah if you don't believe Goku absorbed god power into his base or do believe in the 2 base theory which is certainly true in the manga. And contradictory in the crappily scaled anime which has copy vegeta base vs costumed beerus type filler and other filler which contradicts that, SS saiyaman vs Goku....
There's no filler in DBS. The word "filler" doesn't apply.

.....and are you saying "two base theory" is certainly true in the manga?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:27 pm

I place God at a level of tens of times stronger than SSJ3. Blue for me is 5× God.
P O W E R

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:47 pm

TobyS wrote:In that case then there is still a ginormous leap between SS3 and Red.

A hypothetical SSJ3 fusion between Goku & Vegeta was never directly compared to SSJG.
As of the ToP, the power of a base fusion between Goku & Vegeta or Caulifla & Kale is superior to SSJG. SSJG is stronger than SSJ3 for sure but by leaps & bounds...eh, probably not

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 am

theherodjl wrote:Is SSJG x2 greater than the previous form of SSJ3 & SSJB is x4 of SSJG just like how SSJ2 & SSJ3 are to SSJ? Or are the multipliers higher by a marginal or major amount?
There isn’t a answer to that. It’s only speculation. Just seems logical that the stronger they get the stronger their transformation become, proportionally.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 am

theherodjl wrote:Is SSJG x2 greater than the previous form of SSJ3 & SSJB is x4 of SSJG just like how SSJ2 & SSJ3 are to SSJ? Or are the multipliers higher by a marginal or major amount?
Absolutely not. How do you even thought that was the case? Ssg is an unquantifiable quantity of times above ssj3, and ssb is ssj x ssg

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:06 am

God's multiplier is an hard matter, is hard to determine. It depends first on how do you scale gt, then in how do you scale duper in reguard of gt. One thing is sure : it isn't anyway near ssj3's multiplier in any case, it is surely much, much higher (speaking about ritual god)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:40 am

theherodjl wrote:
TobyS wrote:In that case then there is still a ginormous leap between SS3 and Red.

A hypothetical SSJ3 fusion between Goku & Vegeta was never directly compared to SSJG.
As of the ToP, the power of a base fusion between Goku & Vegeta or Caulifla & Kale is superior to SSJG. SSJG is stronger than SSJ3 for sure but by leaps & bounds...eh, probably not
Yes it was. He said fusion probably wouldn't do anything to Beerus, but implicitly seemed to think he had a shot with god. He'd obviously be comparing the strongest Veggetto could go to.

Goku was tired AF when he fought kefla, regardless that was anime only so not Toriyama outline content or it'd be in both.

As for the new movie... Well I'd have to see it and I bet that wasn't a Toriyama contribution either way, shame there's no manga adaption to prove that though.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:45 am

PFM18 wrote:
TobyS wrote: But yeah if you don't believe Goku absorbed god power into his base or do believe in the 2 base theory which is certainly true in the manga. And contradictory in the crappily scaled anime which has copy vegeta base vs costumed beerus type filler and other filler which contradicts that, SS saiyaman vs Goku....

You can be pedantic as to what you call it. But if it doesn't appear in both the manga and anime it wasn't in the Toriyama outline.

It was clearly a “toei invention designed to fill time before the next arcs were finished by Tokyo and tori...”, let's nickname it “filler” for short.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:23 am

I dont think the god forms scale to the standard multiplier patterns personally and I dont think we can really compare them to the normal line of forms

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:52 am

TobyS wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

You can be pedantic as to what you call it. But if it doesn't appear in both the manga and anime it wasn't in the Toriyama outline.

It was clearly a “toei invention designed to fill time before the next arcs were finished by Tokyo and tori...”, let's nickname it “filler” for short.
you didn't answer my question

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 am

PFM18 wrote:
TobyS wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

you didn't answer my question
There is no two base theory in the manga or the anime. Only somewhat in DBHeroes

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:57 pm

To clarify I think there is one base in the manga and it's closer to Buu saga base than BoG arc God.

The two base theory is a heroic attempt by fans to make sense of the retarded and inconsistent anime's power scaling. Whereas the answer is not there are two bases but that was “filler/retconned away”

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:14 pm

TobyS wrote:The two base theory is a heroic attempt by fans to make sense of the retarded and inconsistent anime's power scaling. Whereas the answer is not there are two bases but that was “filler/retconned away”
There's really no reason to think there was anything regarding Base in Super being retconned within the series itself, and there sure as hell isnt any reason why two base theory would be needed in the anime.

Oh, and as far as "retarded and inconsistent" scaling, as far as I'm concerned, the manga fits that description better. The power scaling "problems" in the anime are just misinterpretations or ignore context etc 90% of the time, not actual problems.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:07 pm

p-hyvo wrote:Absolutely not. How do you even thought that was the case? Ssg is an unquantifiable quantity of times above ssj3, and ssb is ssj x ssg
And you know that SSJG is an "unquantifiable quantity of times above SSJ3" how exactly??? What proof is there at all that SSJG is even 10x stronger than SSJ3 in the current story? As pointed out already, SSJG was originally millions of times stronger than SSJ3 prior to the God ritual but after Goku absorbed the power into his ordinary form then all of his other forms vastly increased as well. Its at the point where SSJG is treated as a 4th SSJ form rather than a form that still remains several tiers above SSJ3 like it originally was.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:19 pm

TobyS wrote: Yes it was. He said fusion probably wouldn't do anything to Beerus, but implicitly seemed to think he had a shot with god. He'd obviously be comparing the strongest Veggetto could go to.

Goku was tired AF when he fought kefla, regardless that was anime only so not Toriyama outline content or it'd be in both.

As for the new movie... Well I'd have to see it and I bet that wasn't a Toriyama contribution either way, shame there's no manga adaption to prove that though.
Nope, that's headcanon. Goku couldn't actually know how strong SSJ3 Vegetto was since the fusion never used SSJ2 or even the full power of basic SSJ. To my knowledge, there isn't any reference to a hypothetical "SSJ3 Vegetto" in any guides or supplementary material released for either the BOG film or BOG arc for the anime. The argument that Goku was specifically referring to SSJ3 Vegetto when pondering if fusion could beat Beerus is merely fan speculation unsupported/unconfirmed by any official material.

Goku was not 100% obviously but I doubt he was really tired since he had more than enough stamina to keep the fight going at even more intense levels than what he had initially demonstrated prior to fighting Kefla.