Wrathful form

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Wrathful form

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 am

Is Broly's Wrathful form related to his Super Saiyan Type C and Legendary Super Saiyan forms? The reason I ask is that someone on the dragonball.wika says that because the wiki page says this 'This form is a Super Saiyan form with perfect energy control. It is very similar to and is a variation of the first Super Saiyan form, though it is of a different evolution.[1] in Broly, Broly takes on this form by becoming a Super Saiyan while already in his Wrathful state. At full power, this form becomes the Legendary Super Saiyan state. ' It means that the Wrathful form is related to the LSS and Super Saiyan Type C.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Wrathful form

Post by PFM18 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:17 am

DB Wiki is the only source that refers to it as a "Wrathful" form. The actual name is the "Ikari" form.

The summary that I read didn't even seem certain that about the fact that it was stated that this was using the power of Oozaru without changing form. I think that is worth noting.

I don't necessarily think it is related to his "LSSJ" form, but I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm not sure what you're referring to as this "Super Saiyan Type C" stuff.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:18 am

PFM18 wrote:DB Wiki is the only source that refers to it as a "Wrathful" form. The actual name is the "Ikari" form.

The summary that I read didn't even seem certain that about the fact that it was stated that this was using the power of Oozaru without changing form. I think that is worth noting.

I don't necessarily think it is related to his "LSSJ" form, but I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm not sure what you're referring to as this "Super Saiyan Type C" stuff.
Super Saiyan Type C is the non full power version of the Legendary Super Saiyan form. Its Broly and Kale's version of the baseline Super Saiyan form.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:19 am

Hulk10 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:DB Wiki is the only source that refers to it as a "Wrathful" form. The actual name is the "Ikari" form.

Super Saiyan Type C is the non full power version of the Legendary Super Saiyan form. Its Broly and Kale's version of the baseline Super Saiyan form.
Huh. Interesting. Where do you get that name from exactly?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:20 am

PFM18 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

Huh. Interesting. Where do you get that name from exactly?
The wiki, that's what the wiki calls it at least. I just can't agree that the Ikari form could possibly be related to the Legendary Super Saiyan form and its preceding Super Saiyan form.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:37 pm

"Ikari" means "Rage", "Wrath", "Anger"

Currently, we have no official translation for the form. If anything, "Anger" would be the word to use due Trunk's Super Saiyan Anger form using the same kanji

Type-A\B\C is stuff from artbooks and similar used to discern OG Broly's Super Saiyan forms: Type-A is the blue-haired form with the control tiara on, B is the buff full power form usually referred to as "Legendary Super Saiyan", Type-C is the Movie 10 "Normal Super Saiyan" form.

BTW: no, Original Broly and Broly:BR are completely unrelated.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
"Ikari" means "Rage", "Wrath", "Anger"

Currently, we have no official translation for the form. If anything, "Anger" would be the word to use due Trunk's Super Saiyan Anger form using the same kanji
Well, yeah. The actual name is "Ikari", but if you insist upon translating it, then "Anger" or "Rage" would be way more accurate especially since like you said, Trunks's form is referred to as "Super Saiyan Anger" or "Suepr Saiyan Rage."

Type-A\B\C is stuff from artbooks and similar used to discern OG Broly's Super Saiyan forms: Type-A is the blue-haired form with the control tiara on, B is the buff full power form usually referred to as "Legendary Super Saiyan", Type-C is the Movie 10 "Normal Super Saiyan" form.
That's very strange. I don't see why we would need to assign letters to them. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:44 pm

And now the admins are agreeing with the idea that Wrathful/Ikari is related to Super Saiyan Type C. Ugh...……………………... :evil: All because they are stacked one on top of the other. :evil:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:00 pm

From the snippets of spoilers i've seen, the form is supposedly taking the power of the Oozaru form and utilizing it in human form. It seems more of a nod to SSJ4 than anything else. As far as Super Saiyan Type C, the movie shows that

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:16 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:From the snippets of spoilers i've seen, the form is supposedly taking the power of the Oozaru form and utilizing it in human form. It seems more of a nod to SSJ4 than anything else. As far as Super Saiyan Type C, the movie shows that
Yeah but many on the wiki are believing that you need Wrathful to obtain the Super Saiyan Type C form which makes no sense https://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Ape and https://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super ... _and_Power. Kale doesn't use the Wrathful form, so Broly shouldn't need it either. Though U6 Saiyans have no tails and thus have a different evolutionary history.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:38 am

The Wikia is sadly full of baseless bull.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:The Wikia is sadly full of baseless bull.
I agree.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 pm

PFM18 wrote:
That's very strange. I don't see why we would need to assign letters to them. Doesn't make any sense to me.
The letter types are derived from the Daizenshuu, and were used to indicate that it's a different evolutionary line of Super Saiyan from the regular line we see Goku first acquire in the Freeza arc.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Well I don't see how this form could be related to Broly's SSJ and LSSJ

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:45 pm

It isnt'.

Broly:BR is completely different from Classic Broly, and their transformations completely unrelated.

Kale's might be more similar to OG Broly's, though Broly never went berserk and was just an asshole.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:16 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:It isnt'.

Broly:BR is completely different from Classic Broly, and their transformations completely unrelated.

Kale's might be more similar to OG Broly's, though Broly never went berserk and was just an asshole.
You misunderstood me. I was saying I failed to see how the new Broly's Ikari form is part of the new Legendary Super Saiyan evolution.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Was Broly:BR ever referred to as "legendary" in first place?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Well actually he was in the movie.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:Was Broly:BR ever referred to as "legendary" in first place?
Nope.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Rakurai wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:Was Broly:BR ever referred to as "legendary" in first place?
Nope.
in the movie he was hypothesized to be the Legendary Super Saiyan by the doctors who were with King Vegeta.