Body changing with a majinised person.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Body changing with a majinised person.

Post by TobyS » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:46 am

Was thinking about what would happen if Babidis crew ran into Freeza and the Ginyus. attacked them but Ginyu managed to peel off a body change on Dabra before blasting the ginyu-dabra body away.

Would Ginyu then be majinised or not? Would he still have the physical M on his head or would that transfer too.

Also say Dabra spat on a few Ginyus turning them to stone. What would happen to them when Dabra in Ginyus body died, would they turn back or do you think they are linked to Dabras still living body and not his soul?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Body changing with a majinised person.

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Interesting questions. I think it hinges on what it is Babidi is seizing control of, the brain or the soul. His ability to manipulate the darkness in people's "hearts" gives me the impression that his sorcery is striking at the soul of the person itself. Since Ginyu wasn't the one who fell under Babidi's domination, his new body should be free for him to use in the short while before the impish magician puts two-and-two together and uses him as a guinea pig. By extension, the insignia of the Majin would presumably transfer over to Ginyu-Dabura.

Again, this sounds like a soul vs brain dilemma. Is it required for Dabura's essential being to remain alive for the effects of the Stone Spit to be maintained? Judging by the emphasis made on the uniqueness of his saliva, I'm thinking this question has a bit more ambiguity to it than the other. If there's some type of neurocognitive or biological impulse in general emanating from Dabura's body that maintains the potency of the saliva then it would only be the body that's necessary, not the soul. However, if it has to do with Dabura the personality and character then Dabura's death in Ginyu's body would result in those whom he petrified returning to life.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Body changing with a majinised person.

Post by Rubens » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 am

I think that in a scenario of Dabra vs Ginyu fight, where the demon uses his spit to get rid of the other and while he's turning to stone he swaps bodies, Ginyu would retain his self-awareness in Dabra's body and Dabra would stay enslaved in Ginyu's body. To be honest I don't know if the majin symbol would swap bodies too... although that's my guess.

I believe Babbidi's magic takes the person's mind via an evil soul; there are several moments in the series that characters mention bad guys having "evil ki" (including Vegeta initially) and I think that Babbidi needs his victim to have evil ki in order to seize control of its mind (I suppose I can say evil ki equals an evil heart?). That being said, the "majinised" being would probably stay under his control after a body swap because Babbidi is controlling the mind and not the body.

To answer to your hypothetical scenario, I suppose if Dabra (while in Ginyu's body) was turning to stone the process wouldn't stop after the body change and, once that was concluded, I believe the rest of the crew would go back to normal - either that or they would stay stoned until Ginyu (in Dabra's body) decides to destroy his previous body, in which case they would definitly return to normal. I guess both versions would be fine.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.