Would You Choose A Single Mate Or A Harem?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would You Choose A Single Mate Or A Harem?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 pm

If by mere chance you had awoken one day to find yourself in the Dragon World, basically the Universe of the Dragon Ball Franchise at around the time of the 5 years before the start of the original Dragon Ball Z series, such as when Son Goku and Chi-Chi got married and went to go romantically live together on Mount Paozu, would you have wanted to get one or more of the numerous characters as that very certain special someone or even have a group of them for yourself? Also, please give some details as to why.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Would You Choose A Single Mate Or A Harem?

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:10 pm

A single mate, as one mate is enough responsibility and you won't have to deal with fighting between them.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:24 am

Harem bro.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am

Everyone in the DB world is crazy, so none.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Depends on who is available.

To be honest, Id go for someone who could produce strong offspring: Android 21, Zangya, Caulifla, Putine, Selipa....

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Depends on who is available.

To be honest, Id go for someone who could produce strong offspring: Android 21, Zangya, Caulifla, Putine, Selipa....
I can certainly understand the logic behind that.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Hulk10 wrote:

yeah, if my kids inherit that sort of power, I dont really need to worry about them.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:59 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

yeah, if my kids inherit that sort of power, I dont really need to worry about them.
Yeah that and they can help the universe develop.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Zangya could also lead to interesting details if it expands on the race and if their hybrids work like saiyan ones

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:49 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Zangya could also lead to interesting details if it expands on the race and if their hybrids work like saiyan ones
Hmm interesting

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:14 pm

I'm not really that into any of the girls from the franchise TBH... they all have major personality problems that I doubt I could deal with.

Except maybe Vados. I can deal with acerbic sarcasm :think:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:04 am

Hmm...damn. Hard to say. If I woke up as Blooma I'd probably still go with Vegeta but at the same time I kind of want to be a part of a harem of sister sluts, too. I really does depend on the mood I'm in for that day.

...but...baring the child of your single lover? Oof, I don't know if I could turn that down.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:49 am

Yep, nothing creepy about this thread.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:56 pm

A single Saiyan mate would be valuable to us Saiyans. Though I can see the allure of a harem.

I see the allure of Caulifla, and Kale. I also think that Chronoa the Supreme Kai of Time is cute too.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:00 am

Hulk10 wrote:A single Saiyan mate would be valuable to us Saiyans. Though I can see the allure of a harem.

I see the allure of Caulifla, and Kale. I also think that Chronoa the Supreme Kai of Time is cute too.
She's an awful cook though. You had better be good at cooking or else you'll starve.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:A single Saiyan mate would be valuable to us Saiyans. Though I can see the allure of a harem.

She's an awful cook though. You had better be good at cooking or else you'll starve.
Yeah I know. But one could also teach her how.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Kind of a weird thread, but alright.

It's a lot of work for me to have a happy and healthy relationship with my girlfriend right now as it is. Having to date multiple women would kill me, not to mention that it would feel like I was being unfaithful if I had more than one special person in my life.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."