Piccolo Daimaō Killing The Pilaf Gang...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Piccolo Daimaō Killing The Pilaf Gang...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Back in the King Piccolo Saga of the original Dragon Ball series, if instead of simply letting the Pilaf Gang fall from the sky, Piccolo Daimaō had personally left them to fend for themselves by dropping the Pilaf Gang off at Yunzabit Heights before cutting off any escapable route the trio could use, how would this have impacted Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and Dragon Ball Super if the Pilaf Gang had basically died from natural causes?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Piccolo Daimaō Killing The Pilaf Gang...

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:25 am

Well GT would have never happened. A lot of the annoying filler in Super never would have happened.

Overall it would be a great thing IMO.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:02 am

Pilaf would find Kami's ship and fly to Namek and become Emperor of that planet, as he always wanted.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:13 am

Dagon wrote:Pilaf would find Kami's ship and fly to Namek and become Emperor of that planet, as he always wanted.
He and the rest of the Pilaf Gang do not know how to speak Namekian, making your scenario very unlikely.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:18 am

Frankly they had 0 impact in Dragon Ball "Z" so their deaths would make no difference.

In Super they gathered the dragon balls during the RoF arc and were forced to wish for Freeza's revival, but I guess that if Sorbet failed to get the dragon balls on earth (which still baffles me that they succeeded at that) they would either keep looking for new Namek or Freeza would never come back. The other relevant change I can see is Mai never becoming Trunks's girlfriend.

In GT... The story kicks off because Pilaf tried to steal the balls from Dende's lookout so, I guess Baby arc wouldn't happen?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:15 am

Well, if they were killed off by King Piccolo, it would have no impact to Z.

Super would be removed of the pointless filler, but there's also an important factor: Future Mai

Now I know a lot of what-if scenarios like to keep the Future Trunks timeline consistent, but lets say that Mai's death in Dragonball meant she would no longer appear in the future world. That would mean all the times she intervened to save Future Trunks would not happen. So it's very likely Trunks would be killed by Black in some capacity. It's possible the group from the present would not even be aware of the Zero Mortals Plan until it was possibly too late. But at the same time, Black would not get any access to further powers fighting Goku and Vegeta. So there's an interesting factor that would be interesting to see how it would go.

As for GT, GT would not happen. It's possible Baby would still awake as Dr. Myuu was still at large, but what consequences that would have who can say.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Dagon wrote:Pilaf would find Kami's ship and fly to Namek and become Emperor of that planet, as he always wanted.
He and the rest of the Pilaf Gang do not know how to speak Namekian, making your scenario very unlikely.
He'd trick them, he is the greatest criminal mastermind in the world.