What Drains Ki More? Taking Damage Or Losing Stamina?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

What Drains Ki More? Taking Damage Or Losing Stamina?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:34 am

Both have shown to cause fighters to get weaker throughout the many fights in DB but which one seems to really be the clincher at causing Ki to drop?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: What Drains Ki More? Taking Damage Or Losing Stamina?

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Injures seem to drain it more.

You can get smacked out of SSJ but like 3 just makes you slowly run out of ki.

Gohan lost half or more of his ki when he took that blast meant for Vegeta. (Turns out it was mostly psychological or he had more in reserve in the first place than he thought.) But no one was like “huh taking a hit like that shouldn't drop his ki”

We know that one aspect of Ki (yuki?) Is based on confidence or something, pretty sure getting maimeds gotta kill your mojo...

Even for regenerators regening costs ki.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:45 pm

I have to agree in that damage accruing looks to be more taxing on the fighter. You can use a taxing move like the Special Beam Cannon or Kamehameha but still have enough ki left over to maybe fight. Losing the ability to manoeuvre one or more of your limbs, though, can make for a crippling disadvantage against someone of comparable power.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:45 am

I would third that. The greatest physical issue might make things a Lot more exhausting/draining. Semms logical.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:07 am

In all fairness, Gohan lost use of his arm, and his Ki dropped to half, although it wasn't consequential, but simultaneous. Piccolo could still charge an attack against Raditz without a limb. Tenshinhan shot the strongest Kikoho against Nappa. Stamina has a greater effect, because they can't fight, with or without damage. Consider Vegeta, who had just been revived against Boo, but couldn't fight properly, because he didn't recover his energy, in spite of being healed. In real life, once we're close to our limits, the adrenaline kicks in, we forget our damage, and exert ourselves more until we're tired.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Desassina wrote:In all fairness, Gohan lost use of his arm, and his Ki dropped to half, although it wasn't consequential, but simultaneous. Piccolo could still charge an attack against Raditz without a limb. Tenshinhan shot the strongest Kikoho against Nappa. Stamina has a greater effect, because they can't fight, with or without damage. Consider Vegeta, who had just been revived against Boo, but couldn't fight properly, because he didn't recover his energy, in spite of being healed. In real life, once we're close to our limits, the adrenaline kicks in, we forget our damage, and exert ourselves more until we're tired.

Another Vegeta scene is his manga self losing at least half of his power by merely transforming into SSJB for Cabba, going back to base, and then transforming again for the fight with Hit. There could be something to the loss of stamina leading to a greater loss of Ki.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: