Android 17 remaining in the Tournament of Power

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Android 17 remaining in the Tournament of Power

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 am

For me, I thought I was imagining things when I saw Goku and Frieza materialize in the stands. It’s interesting how 17 became the last fighter remaining, because I thought it was going to be Goku. Well technically, Goku and Frieza were the ones who KOed Jiren, but I don’t think Goku was planning on a self-elimination in the process (even though Frieza was). He was probably knocked out of bounds by the explosion the attack he used with Frieza on jiren caused.

I wanted to know others’ reactions. How shocking was it when Android 17 became the last fighter standing in the Tournament of Power?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Android 17 remaining in the Tournament of Power

Post by Lionel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:33 am

#17 should have been reduced to the same state that he was in after tussling with Imperfect Cell the moment Toppo began to use the full brunt of his power, much less calling upon his Hakaishin training to widen the gap further. The writing staff over at Toei who presided over this fight seemed to be chiefly concerned with grandstanding for the cyborg. I'm sorry if that sounds excoriative but we already had an established idea on where #17 stands in relation to his teammates. I've mentioned this same scenario almost a year back but if there was consistency then #17 would have been scalped and his eyes fiddled with in order to learn if his skull really does have obtuse triangles for eye sockets courtesy of Hakaishin Toppo.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: Android 17 remaining in the Tournament of Power

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

It was great seeing him have increased importance,just with the fact that he came back with an evolved personality, so the fact that he also played a key role to the end is also welcome to "rehabilitate" that character to relevancy again.

It goes well with the fact that his super-shield always made him sort of like the "tank" character of the team. So it's pretty logical and welcome that the one that still stands at the end is the "tank" whose job was to assist others and resist till the end while the big powerful attackers do their thing.