Would A Kaioshin/Hakaishin Potara Fusion Solve The Dilemma Of The Fragile Cosmic Balance?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would A Kaioshin/Hakaishin Potara Fusion Solve The Dilemma Of The Fragile Cosmic Balance?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 pm

Wouldn't it be better for everyone since neither positions could be lost with a single, more powerful deity overseeing their duties? I'm sure the fusion would have more sense than either as well since their intelligence, wisdom, and experience also would be merged. Why do you suppose Dai Kaioshin hadn't thought about this in the event that he had been defeated by Majin Boo and thus left only the underachieving Shin to be in charge?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would A Kaioshin/Hakaishin Potara Fusion Solve The Dilemma Of The Fragile Cosmic Balance?

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:12 pm

theherodjl wrote:Wouldn't it be better for everyone since neither positions could be lost with a single, more powerful deity overseeing their duties? I'm sure the fusion would have more sense than either as well since their intelligence, wisdom, and experience also would be merged. Why do you suppose Dai Kaioshin hadn't thought about this in the event that he had been defeated by Majin Boo and thus left only the underachieving Shin to be in charge?
That's a very interesting thought and it actually makes me think that the Kaioshin/Hakaishin dichotomy was setup as a system of balance to keep the Hakaishin's in check. With the abilties of both a Hakaishin and a Kaioshin, this fusion could potentially overthrow Zeno at some point and create a universe in their image.

As to why the Daikaioshin didn't think of this, I'm sure its a taboo to merge destroyer god and creator god. If he had more foresight, he would have used his abilities to warn Whis and let them know that the creator gods were in danger.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Would A Kaioshin/Hakaishin Potara Fusion Solve The Dilemma Of The Fragile Cosmic Balance?

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Well given the general characteristic of both gods we've seen, even at best your still combing a general sense of entitled elitism (which most kaioshin have displayed to some digree) with destructive indifference and power based pride (from the hakaishin). Considering how Merged Zamasu turned out, this sounds like a terrible idea.

The power of destruction and creation are not wielded by the same hand for a reason. Both gods stand on the brink of having to much power as it is, if Zamasu and the massive amount of restrictions placed Hakaishin were not evidence enough. With both sides of the coin at potential risk of corruption, it's far better to have the standing on opposite ends of the scale to balance eachother out. The kaioshin's very lives acting as a failsafe to the hakaishin (with a little back up from the angels) and the hakaishin are mortal born deities who are stronger then the born divine kaioshin, whom the kaioshin have no authority over and can make the kaioshins's lives very unpleasant even if they can't kill them. At worst they hate eachother but get on with things, at best they overcome their problems and work towards making their universe as great as possible. One way or another, shit gets done. Put them both on the same side of the scales... well all you achive is upseting the balance you tried to maintain.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 am

The positions aren't meant to be lost in the first place. The Potara fusion is the most powerful weapon of the Gods to be used as the very last resort. Normally, the Destroyer is meant to rush to the Supreme Kai's help should they require assistance. Since the Supreme Kai must create new species, and if those species are dangerous, they must be destroyed. That's the rule, which is perfectly doable, provided that the Destroyer actually does his job and protects the Supreme Kai when it is needed. Of course, the problem is that many Destroyers, in particular Beerus, are lazy assholes who completely ignore the laws of the Gods and don't care about their Supreme Kais. What was Beerus doing when Boo was literally slaughtering every Kai in the Seventh Universe? Sleeping. On top of the fact that him and Shin often disagree with each other. Fusion wouldn't solve anything. I don't think that Fusion would be the solution, because what if Beerus ended up being the dominant personality? At least if you keep the two deities separate, you could still count on Shin... Who is a useless fool, mind you, but at least he is trying to care about the stability of the universe.

Personally, the only solution is that the likes of Beerus and Champa must be fired (even Zeno said this, I am not sure why he kept them though). They are clearly not capable of protecting the universe and upholding the laws of the Gods. They would rather destroy for silly reasons or host pointless tournaments in their names than just do their actual job. The same goes for Sidra, a Destroyer so gullible and foolish that he doesn't even want to destroy. Like a teacher who doesn't want to teach. As a result, their universes are the three with the lowest mortal level in all the cosmos.

This is kind of what Zamasu wanted. The two Zamases were two official Supreme Kais, but they were also Destroyers in a way, because they were destroying planets to uphold the laws of the Gods but also to "eradicate evil". And so when the two Zamases fused, the combined Fused Zamasu stated that he was the Supreme God and that there was no longer a need for many Kais and Destroyers. And indeed Fused Zamasu embodied both creation and destruction.

I do agree with Zamasu, there should be a more centralized authority in the cosmos. Having so many Supreme Kais and Destroyers is risky, because Zeno doesn't give a shit about keeping them under control, and so many Destroyers simply don't care and do whatever they want (again, look at the aforementioned Beerus, Champa and Sidra). A single Supreme God who takes his duties seriously and who watches over the entire cosmos would be much better. There would be only unity and order, no longer the internal divisions between Destroyers and Kais. The only other solution I can think of is for Zeno to wake up and realize that he has to control his underlings or they'll just do whatever they want. But trying to explain that to a child who erases universes with no care or concern for the lives lost would be quite difficult.

Regardless, It is clear that many things are wrong in the current cosmic system. Destroyers not doing their jobs, Kais who get the position without the proper training, the King of All not giving a single thought to actually ruling his kingdom... It's a shame that the only God who wanted to change this flawed system was erased from existence.