Would Goku risk his life for one random animal?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would Goku risk his life for one random animal?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:26 pm

This question is inspired by episode 40 of Dragon Ball GT. In the episode, Goku has just evacuated almost everybody on the Earth because it is about to explode, and Trunks says that they are out of time, but Goku tells everyone to leave without him while he goes back because he realizes that a small boy and a dog are still left out there. He rescues them, but only in the nick of time.

My question is what if there was no human, but just an animal in danger? Would Goku risk his life for just a regular animal?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Would Goku risk his life for one random animal?

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 am

Yes, probably. I could see him doing that.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:13 am

IIRC, Goku prevented a nest of dinosaur eggs from being destroyed in the final episodes of DBZ so he does value life that others would deem insignificant.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 am

I could see Goku doing this in fact in Dragonball Goku has already done this when they were in the pirate cave. Remember mousy? Goku literally risked his life for this mouse , his reasoning was simple the mouse saved his life against blue. There's no doubt for the reader / viewer that Goku could have died there so yes Goku has and would risk his life for an animal.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 am

Yes, I think so. As mentioned, the pirate cave mouse is a perfect example of Goku going out of his way to save an animal's life. Also, the early parts of the story give me the impression that Goku doesn't really differentiate between life forms in a "this one is superior to that one" kind of way. Whether it's a human or a turtle or a robot, Goku treats them all pretty much the same. Heck, the very first panel of the manga has Goku greet a random monkey like a friendly neighbor.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.