What would happen if a pair of fusions fuse again?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What would happen if a pair of fusions fuse again?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:33 pm

And by this I mean dance fusions using a potara earing form.

Say for example, Gogeta and Gotenks use the earrings, what happens when their time limits run out? Does it go from a 2 way fusion to a four way fusion and gain characteristics more like the components of the fusion? Does the body deform like merged zamasu's due to component instability?

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would happen if a pair of fusions fuse again?

Post by Desassina » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Look at what happened to Zamasu in the manga. He was the immortal essence and the Kaioshin apprentice in a Goku body that was fused with the former's. One personality in a body that was created by two. Separation would have killed the personality, but immortality kept that alive in two bodies, because he was Zamasu in Goku's through possession. I can imagine fusion having a similar effect when it's stacked on top of itself. Let's imagine SSJ3 Gotenks separating first when he had fused with SSJ Gogeta: there would be two bodies with half the personality of "Gogetenks", each one of them unfusing to further differentiate themselves.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:16 pm

I'd imagine the time limit would be cut in half, if not reduced even further.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:03 pm

I'd like to think that Gogetenks would have the personality more of Gogeta since he's the dominant fusion both physically & mentally between he & Gotenks; a little bit of Gotenks might still slip through and make the fusion more playful or arrogant than Gogeta. Depending on which form the fusion uses probably would determine the total time of the fusions themselves. Say Gogetenks uses SSJ3 and messes around with various techniques, the fusion would probably wear down very quickly and it might even result in Goku, Vegeta, Goten, and Trunks simultaneously popping out all at once. If it remained in base though, the potara fusion could last long enough to forcibly mix up its components by having Goku fused with Trunks while Vegeta ends up fused with Goten thus leading to an awkward situation until they both defuse once more.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: