Is Heroes stealing possible future plot points from DBS?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Is Heroes stealing possible future plot points from DBS?

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 pm

First the Demon Realm got in there, and now Rebellion against Zeno. Since the DBS anime has stopped we're only left with manga, which is monthly (one arc taking ~6 months). I think such an important plot as questioning the rulership of Zeno, should be left to the actual DBS series and not to DBH.

I don't know how the higher-ups (Dragon Ball Room) imagine it, but would they accept a plot repeat in such case? Having the same premise from DBH but executed differently in DBS.

What do you think about this situation?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Is Heroes stealing possible future plot points from DBS?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm

No, it's just taking the opportunity, sometimes dropped by the series itself but that doesn't dare to expand on it, while the game does.

I mean, it's not like we would see those stuff in the series. They prefer to retell, make tournaments and stay in the safe zone. So it's not "stealing" if it's not their intention to use those plot points.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Grimlock wrote:They prefer to retell, make tournaments and stay in the safe zone. So it's not "stealing" if it's not their intention to use those plot points.
But the manga is still on going, and anime hinted at Freeza wanting to overthrow the Zenos. It would honestly suck if some random-who somehow managed to do it first.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 pm

I think it just proves that Toriyama is uninterested in telling that kind of story for the time being, so they give the side projects free reign.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Xeogran wrote:But the manga is still on going, and anime hinted at Freeza wanting to overthrow the Zenos. It would honestly suck if some random-who somehow managed to do it first.
The manga is on going but as we can see, Toyotaro does not feel like using more interesting stories (though, gotta admit, using Dai Kaioshin has its appeal/merit, but it has been nothing more than a flashback scene so far. The real thing would be if they manage to bring him back). If it was Toyotaro's intention to come up with a saga with a Multiverse war as its theme, he would probably have done it already.

The anime "hinted" but I'm pretty sure we should expect things that do not seem they will be expanded/explored in the series by now. Lots of things have been said in the franchise that never saw the light of the day in the series (Makaio/Makaioshin... Yamoshi... Alternate dimension... :roll:).

Just because Hearts and company are Heroes-original characters don't make them "random-who", but if that's the case, then certainly if Toriyama comes up with new characters wanting to overthrow Zeno they will also be considered "random-who". Also, it's obvious that they won't succeed in their goal, otherwise Zeno would not appear anymore and I'm certain he will be used in the series in the future, which may serve for Heroes (and other games) to use it and to serve as an inspiration for another original saga for Heroes using said character.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:24 pm

IMO the games are taking a alternative way.

Also, I think it's too soon. Goku just surpassed the gods and there's no one yet who can fight against the angels, let alone Zen'o (I know, he don't need to fight, but still).

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Grimlock wrote:No, it's just taking the opportunity, sometimes dropped by the series itself but that doesn't dare to expand on it, while the game does.

I mean, it's not like we would see those stuff in the series. They prefer to retell, make tournaments and stay in the safe zone. So it's not "stealing" if it's not their intention to use those plot points.
taking into account that the multiverse and the gods were established in super, if so, but Heroes steals characters of super, z and gt, the only original that has done is the plot of the demons.

anyway with 8 minutes of commercial is not that you can take advantage of something

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Video-games don't steal characters. :eh: It's all part of the Dragon Ball franchise. And nope, Prison Planet and Universal Conflict are also original plots.

Maybe, but thankfully you know that Dragon Ball Heroes does not have just an anime, you know it has a manga and an arcade too.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Heroes didn't steal anything, It's not their fault if Super wasted the potential of the Tournament of Power arc by reducing it to another boring tournament (yawn) where Universe 7 unsurprisingly wins and wishes everyone back (yawn x2). Sure the fights were very cool and all, but from a storytelling perspective it was garbage.

It's kind of sad when a minor series fascinates me much more than the main anime. But the return of Zamasu and a war against the boy king are exactly the storylines what I really hoped would happen in the Tournament of Power arc.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:Video-games don't steal characters. :eh: It's all part of the Dragon Ball franchise. And nope, Prison Planet and Universal Conflict are also original plots.

Maybe, but thankfully you know that Dragon Ball Heroes does not have just an anime, you know it has a manga and an arcade too.
I suppose so, the correct word is to pile up characters of different continuities in a rather confusing story
Prison Planet maybe, Universal Conflict is basically zamasu arc with more character and less plot
well at least the manga is more explanatory

is criticized to super is not original but not to heroes who uses characters from other continuities and makes plots that had already been made but with less development and more characters? or where they will take advantage of nothing with 8 minutes of duration where the majority is a lot of meaningless fights? ok ...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Tai Lung wrote:I suppose so, the correct word is to pile up characters of different continuities in a rather confusing story
Confusing? There's nothing confusing about what Heroes deals. It is much easier to understand the "alternate dimension" concept than the "time traveling" concept. To this day I can't fully understand time traveling in Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Super came to make things even more disturbing.
Tai Lung wrote:Universal Conflict is basically zamasu arc with more character and less plot
I'll give you that, but obviously and only because Universal Conflict has just begun. Obviously Future Trunks saga has more plot due to it being finished by now. But once Universal Conflict saga ends we will see which one had more plot.
Tai Lung wrote:is criticized to super is not original but not to heroes who uses characters from other continuities and makes plots that had already been made but with less development and more characters? or where they will take advantage of nothing with 8 minutes of duration where the majority is a lot of meaningless fights? ok ...
What are you talking about here? Again, Demon Realm stuff, Prison Planet and Universal Conflict are all original plots, so where they had been already made!? :eh: I don't remember Dragon Ball Super dealing with Demon Realm, Prison Planet nor Universal Conflict things.

Yes, they will take advantage because even though the anime only has eight minutes and so not much is fully developed, it has a manga with a decent number of pages and an arcade, where things are fully fleshed out. You belittle Heroes using the anime, but you won't have a point because, again, Heroes is not just an eight-minute anime.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:13 pm

As we've seen with the likes of Vegeto's Big Bang Kamehameha or reintroducing Broly, the series writers and creators are not afraid to take aspects from outside media, such as movies and video games, and incorporate it into whatever current anime series they are working with.

It's very possible when Super returns they will eventually visit the other Universes. They could also very well reintroduce a "Machine Mutant" concept akin to Baby. I doubt they would have originally, and I think Heroes is creative in that regard for bring us characters like that.

The show will do it's own thing, the manga will continue to be its own entity, and the video games will continue theirs. Will we see the likes of a Demon Realm added into the main series or movie? Maybe one day. But if the video games take advantage of a plot thread or storyline, that doesn't entirely rule it out from other adaptations or takes

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:I suppose so, the correct word is to pile up characters of different continuities in a rather confusing story
Confusing? There's nothing confusing about what Heroes deals. It is much easier to understand the "alternate dimension" concept than the "time traveling" concept. To this day I can't fully understand time traveling in Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Super came to make things even more disturbing.
the fact that vegeta knows cooler is not confusing? or that this conosca the golden transformation is not it?
Grimlock wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:Universal Conflict is basically zamasu arc with more character and less plot
I'll give you that, but obviously and only because Universal Conflict has just begun. Obviously Future Trunks saga has more plot due to it being finished by now. But once Universal Conflict saga ends we will see which one had more plot.

maybe the manga does it better the anime does not have enough time
Grimlock wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:is criticized to super is not original but not to heroes who uses characters from other continuities and makes plots that had already been made but with less development and more characters? or where they will take advantage of nothing with 8 minutes of duration where the majority is a lot of meaningless fights? ok ...
What are you talking about here? Again, Demon Realm stuff, Prison Planet and Universal Conflict are all original plots, so where they had been already made!? :eh: I don't remember Dragon Ball Super dealing with Demon Realm, Prison Planet nor Universal Conflict things.

Yes, they will take advantage because even though the anime only has eight minutes and so not much is fully developed, it has a manga with a decent number of pages and an arcade, where things are fully fleshed out. You belittle Heroes using the anime, but you won't have a point because, again, Heroes is not just an eight-minute anime.
that was an answer for another commentary but well

just Demon Realm stuff and Prison Planet for least now

Battle of the gods, Zamasu arc and TOP arc a battle royale that unites all the universes etc

of the card game I do not see it so different I have not seen anything very surprising
and I think the manga I take it better with Demon Realm

FrioPolar

Post by FrioPolar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Tai Lung wrote: or where they will take advantage of nothing with 8 minutes of duration where the majority is a lot of meaningless fights? ok ...
The Tournament of Power was something similar, episodes of 21 minutes where most were just meaningless fights...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Tai Lung wrote:the fact that vegeta knows cooler is not confusing?
Yeah, a Toei's mistake. Vegeta does not recognize Cooler in the manga and mainly in the arcade though.
Tai Lung wrote:Battle of the gods, Zamasu arc and TOP arc a battle royale that unites all the universes etc
Neither Movie 14 nor Future Trunks saga brought all the Universes together. Also, none of Dragon Ball Super sagas dealed with a war of this scale. The only one that brought some Universes together, Universe Survival saga, all it had was a boring tournament with, as FrioPolar perfectly described it, just meaningless fights without even a plot. So yeah, what Heroes is doing now is original, never done before.
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Heroes sucks in so many ways, but taking opportunities from the main series isn't one of them. Besides the fact that most of what it does isn't necessarily good in the first place (a good idea is meaningless without good execution, which it never has), Toriyama is never, ever going to worry about whether something has already been done when he writes a story of his own. It's frustrating in the case of never getting wholly canon spin-offs, but it's great since Heroes should remain as far away from the main series as possible.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:the fact that vegeta knows cooler is not confusing?
Yeah, a Toei's mistake. Vegeta does not recognize Cooler in the manga and mainly in the arcade though.
Tai Lung wrote:Battle of the gods, Zamasu arc and TOP arc a battle royale that unites all the universes etc
Neither Movie 14 nor Future Trunks saga brought all the Universes together. Also, none of Dragon Ball Super sagas dealed with a war of this scale. The only one that brought some Universes together, Universe Survival saga, all it had was a boring tournament with, as FrioPolar perfectly described it, just meaningless fights without even a plot. So yeah, what Heroes is doing now is original, never done before.
FrioPolar wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: or where they will take advantage of nothing with 8 minutes of duration where the majority is a lot of meaningless fights? ok ...
The Tournament of Power was something similar, episodes of 21 minutes where most were just meaningless fights...
it's a bad comparison the tournament is the "arc"
it is a multiversal tournament what was important here were the fights, the skills of the opponents, the eliminations, saves, interactions and teamwork, besides you know what everything is about

in heroes you do not know what is happening from where cooler came from? por vegeta knows it and how zamasu is there if it was erased. and many that are not going to explain

they will tell me the game is better .. but if you have to resort to several sources to know what happens then we have a problem

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 pm

I thought it was just me. This Multiversal War. Overthrowing the Zenos. Going to U6. All these things are things I saw as potential plot points for DBS. Stuff fthey could do when DBS came back. And now that Heroes has touches those ideas, its like they’re unsuable. I’d be okay with it a little more but the way most people, me included are experiencing Heroes’s use of these plot points is threw the anime. And lets face it, its kinda trash.

So its basically Heroes taking Super cool ideas that would have been cool for DBS, making them unusable by DBS, and just butchering the idea with its anime. Maybe not for the japanese since they have the game. And i dont really read manga often.

But to be fair, its not stealing if the idea was never planned as an arc for DBS. Maybe DBS should spend less time on these useless tournaments
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Maybe DBS should spend less time on these useless tournaments
If these "tournaments" had not existed "Multiversal War" not existed or not how now, many of the characters he is using made their first appearance in them U6 and U11 or ultra instinct

FrioPolar

Post by FrioPolar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Tai Lung wrote: it's a bad comparison the tournament is the "arc"
it was not ... it is a multiversal tournament what was important here were the fights, the skills of the opponents, the eliminations, saves, interactions and teamwork, besides that you know very well that it is all about.

in heroes you do not know what is happening from where cooler came from? por vegeta knows it and how zamasu is there if it was erased. and many that are not going to explain

they will tell me the game is better .. but if you have to resort to several sources to know what happens then we have a problem
-Fights without any importance because we all knew that only Universes 7 and Jiren mattered.
-Skills given to fodders that are easily eliminated without doing anything relevant.
-Interactions? Most of the fighters of the other Universes did not have an interesting interaction with the protagonists or with anyone.

In the Tournament of power many times I did not know what was happening either.

Why did Goku and Vegeta use the SSBlue against the Trio de Dangers if they were already stronger than them in SS1?

Why does not Goku use his transformations to defend against a Pride Trooper that was complicating him in episode 101?

Why Toppo sent his troops against Goku in that episode if he already knows how strong Goku is and, therefore, that they should not have any chance against him?

Why do the warriors of the other Universes think they can win even after seeing what Goku or Jiren are capable of?

Why does not Gohan use his mystic form to defeat the Yardrat or the sniper?

Why in Episode 126, Vegeta is very exhausted after defeating Toppo and in the next one he can fight as if nothing happened?

Etc...