One handed kamehameha

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

One handed kamehameha

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:08 pm

So what's the deal with the one handed Kamehameha? Is it as strong as the regular one or half as strong?
It doesn't make any sense that it's half as strong , in that case Gohan must have been even stronger then we thought.
If it's just as strong why don't goku and Gohan just use two Kamehameha waves simultaneously?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: One handed kamehameha

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Ssjcell wrote:So what's the deal with the one handed Kamehameha? Is it as strong as the regular one or half as strong?
It doesn't make any sense that it's half as strong , in that case Gohan must have been even stronger then we thought.
If it's just as strong why don't goku and Gohan just use two Kamehameha waves simultaneously?
I think the strength of a ki blast really has nothing to do with what body parts you used to fire it, but rather how much ki you have. So if you have X units of ki, you can fire a single one-handed or two-handed (or one finger, or whatever) blast with X power, but if you tried to fire 2 blasts at once they would each only have X/2 power.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 pm

I think using two hands helps the process of concentrating ki, while using one hand makes it a little more difficult.

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 am

I'd agree that I think it helps to focus the concentration of ki. I think the concept of Gohan doing it one handed might also be significant in that we don't know how long he's known the Kamehameha at this point. We've seen him use standard blasts and the masenko but I'm not sure when he learned it though it seems to be during the training in the Time Chamber. Was the blast against Perfect Cell as a Super Saiyan 2 the first time we see him use it? If that's the case, then being able to launch such a powerful one using just one hand when you don't have a lot of experience at it is pretty impressive.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Gohan was being forced to channel and emit his ki through a single arm rather than two. I guess for someone that is needing to hastily project as much power as possible in a timely fashion having only one usable limb can make that difficult. Sure the Kamehameha he's able to unleash from said arm should have ample amounts of ki on its own, but when his opponent is efficiently coordinating both of his hands to act as a conduit, one hand does seem insufficient by comparison. It also doesn't help that his crippled left arm was probably still bleeding profusely when he got entangled in that beam struggle.

Tenshinhan's Kikoho against Nappa might make for a good comparison. Both his and Gohan's circumstances were sort of similar to each other. They had to bear with the pain of their destroyed limbs and use what they had left in a last ditch effort against an opponent who seemed to already have them poised for the proverbial guillotine. Perhaps their ki control might have allowed for a more optimal projectile if they had both of their arms to use during their respective battles?