Thoughts on power-stressed states and Saiyans

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Thoughts on power-stressed states and Saiyans

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Ok so I was thinking, we've seen zamasu, in his god rose form, go into power stressed states and get hulking in the anime, we've seen goku use a power stressed state as blue in the manga. I'm wondering, is it possible then to power stress other saiyan forms, like 2 and 3?

Reason being, Caulifla can use the super heavy power stressed/grade 3 form in the anime, but what about grade 2? For smaller fighters like Cabba, perhaps they could use the power stressed/grade 2 form to up their physical power, and considering their already small size, I dont think theyd be as encumbered as the U7 saiyans typically are.

I wonder if a power stressed oozaru form is also possible

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: thoughts on power stressed states and saiyans

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Theoretically, anyone with significant Ki-control & mastery of their body's potential can "power stress" themselves to greater levels. Freeza & Frost seem to be power stressing themselves when they go to 100% strength by having vein-y, bulging muscles, especially more in Freeza's case since he was actually pushing SSJ Goku in a couple instances(anime filler mostly) despite there being an established numerical difference in their powers from the guides. Nappa also seemed to power stress himself when facing off with Goku in a second round, nearly matching Goku in raw power.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Zoltier853

Post by Zoltier853 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Reason being, Caulifla can use the super heavy power stressed/grade 3 form in the anime, but what about grade 2? For smaller fighters like Cabba, perhaps they could use the power stressed/grade 2 form to up their physical power, and considering their already small size, I dont think theyd be as encumbered as the U7 saiyans typically are.
Correction, SSJ Grade 2 actually increases both speed and power. Grade 3 is the only form that has a toll on the speed of the user. Cabba and Caulifla would be fast regardless. They've already both unlocked SSJ2 though, but that's besides the point.
I'd assume any form regardless of race would be able to become buff considering characters such as Cell and Freeza have been shown to be able to make themselves huge. Since the Super Saiyan grades are modifications of regular SSJ and Mastered Blue exists, it's safe to assume that 2 and 3 could also be changed with enough training and proper control.
Golden Oozaru is SSJ as an Oozaru, so I bet one could go grade 2 or 3 from there.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:40 am

Zoltier853 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Reason being, Caulifla can use the super heavy power stressed/grade 3 form in the anime, but what about grade 2? For smaller fighters like Cabba, perhaps they could use the power stressed/grade 2 form to up their physical power, and considering their already small size, I dont think theyd be as encumbered as the U7 saiyans typically are.
Correction, SSJ Grade 2 actually increases both speed and power. Grade 3 is the only form that has a toll on the speed of the user. Cabba and Caulifla would be fast regardless. They've already both unlocked SSJ2 though, but that's besides the point.
I'd assume any form regardless of race would be able to become buff considering characters such as Cell and Freeza have been shown to be able to make themselves huge. Since the Super Saiyan grades are modifications of regular SSJ and Mastered Blue exists, it's safe to assume that 2 and 3 could also be changed with enough training and proper control.
Golden Oozaru is SSJ as an Oozaru, so I bet one could go grade 2 or 3 from there.
I mean you could argue Cells buff state is because of his saiyan heritage but yeah.

I'd like to think we could get a U6 fighter who uses something like the red-blue combo that Vegeta used in the manga. Stay small till the last second for speed and then power stress for a huge melee strike

Zoltier853

Post by Zoltier853 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:46 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'd like to think we could get a U6 fighter who uses something like the red-blue combo that Vegeta used in the manga. Stay small till the last second for speed and then power stress for a huge melee strike
We're probably not getting God forms of any U6 Saiyans soon, but I could see Caulifla using that technique with SSJ2 and SSJ3 if she unlocks it.