SSJ2 Or SSJ3... Which Should Have Been The Transformation To Have Ended The Buu Saga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

SSJ2 Or SSJ3... Which Should Have Been The Transformation To Have Ended The Buu Saga?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:28 pm

If Super Saiyan 2 or Super Saiyan 3 had the honor of dealing with the likes of Majin Buu in the Majin Buu Saga, which of the two forms should have been the one in your own opinion?

Or rather in actually stopping Majin Buu's resurrection in the first place, by having taken care of the likes of Babidi, Majin Dabura, and especially Majin Vegeta for yet again, proving that he hasn't changed one bit ever since giving a hand to the evil Semi-Perfect Cell, but out of the Super Saiyan 2 and the Super Saiyan 3 forms, which one of the two should have the honor to have contributed to the destruction of the Majins?
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: SSJ2 Or SSJ3... Which Should Have Been The Transformation To Have Ended The Buu Saga?

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:35 pm

I would've liked it if Super Saiyan 3 never existed at all. That way, "Super Saiyan 2" would never have gotten numbered and instead been known as "ultimate mastery of Super Saiyan". In the Cell arc, Vegeta, Trunks and Goku all tried to master the Super Saiyan state in their own ways... but then Gohan actually succeeded.

That would've been fine. No need for additional transformations, time and time again. Enough is enough.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: SSJ2 Or SSJ3... Which Should Have Been The Transformation To Have Ended The Buu Saga?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:12 pm

While I don't dislike SSJ3 as a form, I don't like how its labelled as a superior form over SSJ2 or the original description being that it was a Saiyan's full potential unleashed when we knew damn well that wasn't true after GT introduced SSJ4, let alone in the present where we know that Saiyans have multiple forms stronger & more useful than SSJ3. SSJ2 should have been called "the SSJ of Legend(not LSSJ since that's Broly's shtick)" or at the very least remained with its original name of "SSJ Grade 5" prior to Goku officially renaming it SSJ2. The point of the Boo arc could've been to master this SSJ of Legend form that Gohan received a taste of in the Cell Games and then it conclude with Goku, Gohan, or even Vegeta using it to end Boo once and for all instead of the contrived crap we got with fusion & Ultimate being fake-solutions and then Boo being destroyed by yet another Genki Dama. SSJ3 really doesn't resonate with me in how it has an awful stamina issue that prevents it from being able to end a major fight, it being a shit-plot point to have Goku unable to beat Pure Boo when he & Vegeta were initially confident it could do the job. What the fuck was the point of it then?!?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 am

I think SSJ3 had much more potential in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty epic to see Goku transform to hold off Buu, but I kind of wish the reveal was saved for the final fight.