How Come Broly Was Never Detected By Anyone Up Until Now?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

How Come Broly Was Never Detected By Anyone Up Until Now?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:04 am

In just his base form, Broly's stronger than anyone ever was in DBZ. Fighters starting with Boo arc SSJ3 Goku could be sensed from across the universe so why has it taken so long for anyone to comment on Broly's Ki from an in-universe perspective(besides the blatantly obvious out-of-universe reason for Broly not officially existing in Toriyama's works until 2018)?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: How Come Broly Was Never Detected By Anyone Up Until Now?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:25 am

That's the only reason. Same reason why Jiren and Toppo didn't do jackshit when Zamasu killed the Universe 11's Kai.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:04 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:That's the only reason. Same reason why Jiren and Toppo didn't do jackshit when Zamasu killed the Universe 11's Kai.
They obviously weren't aware of Belmod kicking the bucket from the U11 Kaioshin getting capped. Zamasu & Black's path of destruction isn't quite clear, I don't recall if they began by killing off one Kaioshin and their universe's inhabitants before moving on to the next universe to repeat the process or if they just killed each Kaioshin one by one and are now just hunting down various inhabitants of the universes randomly. They couldn't have gotten past Jiren so I'm thinking it might be the former since they are focused on the future U7.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 am

My guess for an in-universe explanation is that he couldn't be sensed because he was never really using his full power while in Planetoid Vampa. I doubt he was ever using all of his strength while training and whatnot. His hidden strength doesn't seem to be unleashed until the fights on Earth.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 am

His power fluctuated a lot, and he never used much of it until he fought Vegeta.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:02 am

I have a lot of possible in universe answers for this particular question.

1. Broly had no need to show off his power. In a world as horrible as planet Vampa. He had to converse whatever power he had. So he or his father didn’t get ambushed by those spiders. Also if he did freak out or close too, his dad would shock him.

2. Broly’s poet fluctuated, as shown in the beginning of Broly movie. He’d jump to a crazy high number. Then suddenly dip to a low level. To Beerus or Whis, who barely care about power levels anyways. That uncertainty wouldn’t motivate them to investigate.

3. Vampa is too far away. Goku initially had issues teleporting to find Gohan and Vegeta when they were far out in the galaxy. Especially if they didn’t raise they’re power levels. Also if in fact, if my first answer is true. It could explain why he couldn’t find Broly. Any time his power level would rise, Paragus would shock Broly and it would disappear.

4. Beerus and Whis are lazy. They won’t travel anywhere that isn’t they’re home world or earth.

5. They had time constraints. During the ToP and U6, they didnt have the time to search for anyone to participate. They only had 1-3 days to recruit people. Given how Vampa was in the middle of no where, they would need at least a few weeks to find Broly.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 am

theherodjl wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:That's the only reason. Same reason why Jiren and Toppo didn't do jackshit when Zamasu killed the Universe 11's Kai.
They obviously weren't aware of Belmod kicking the bucket from the U11 Kaioshin getting capped. Zamasu & Black's path of destruction isn't quite clear, I don't recall if they began by killing off one Kaioshin and their universe's inhabitants before moving on to the next universe to repeat the process or if they just killed each Kaioshin one by one and are now just hunting down various inhabitants of the universes randomly. They couldn't have gotten past Jiren so I'm thinking it might be the former since they are focused on the future U7.
All we know is that Zamasu already destroyed several mortal civilizations before coming to Earth and it is implied that he wanted the Project Zero Mortals to end at Earth. So maybe Earth was the last planet inhabited by mortals in the Future multiverse, who knows.

In my opinion, It didn't make sense that the Pride Troopers (bar Jiren) never noticed a genocidal maniac exterminating entire species. And I think that the only logical reason for this is that obviously Jiren wasn't a character yet when the Zamasu arc was created, and it's the same argument here with Broly.

But I might agree with the theory that Vampa was too far away and so no one ever felt Broly's energy or bothered going there. After all, it was a remote planet located on the frontier, that's the reason why Broly was exiled there in the first place.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Toppo may have been the GoD in Trunks timeline when U11 Kaioshin was killed off. As for Jiren, Zamasu is immortal and he probably let him punch him to death until he was worn out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:His power fluctuated a lot, and he never used much of it until he fought Vegeta.
This, at the beginning of the fight Broly was getting beaten by base Vegeta, who wasn't even going all out to begin with, and that's probably the most power Broly ever had to use. Vampa could have also been extremely far from Earth, and it is implied there are places further from Earth than Other World, as they had no problem instant transmssioning to other word, or the supreme Kai's world, but from Earth to Beerus' place Goku had trouble.
theherodjl wrote:In just his base form, Broly's stronger than anyone ever was in DBZ.
At his full power base form yes, considering he was around current ssj Vegeta level. But when Broly started the fight he was weaker than base Vegeta, who could arguably be weaker than some top tier Z characters, and Broly most likely never even used that much power before since he only trained with his dad and got shocked whenever he went mad.
Though Paragus may have implied Broly has went into his human great ape form before though, and that form would definitely be above anything in Z, so I agree if that happened he should have been felt across the universe.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:15 pm

My guess is that Paragus made sure Broly's power didn't get out of control and wouldn't give on any noticeable Ki signatures that would give away his and his son's location for their own safety.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
All we know is that Zamasu already destroyed several mortal civilizations before coming to Earth and it is implied that he wanted the Project Zero Mortals to end at Earth. So maybe Earth was the last planet inhabited by mortals in the Future multiverse, who knows.
I remember the reverse: they wanted to START with Earth, after having killed all the Gods to make sure nobody could stop them.
Am I recalling wrong?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:02 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
I remember the reverse: they wanted to START with Earth, after having killed all the Gods to make sure nobody could stop them.
Am I recalling wrong?
Black stated that he had already wiped out countless mortal civilizations before coming to Earth and Fused Zamasu stated that Project Zero Mortals would be completed with the eradication of all remaining life on the planet.

Which begs the questions: What was Broly doing while Zamasu was devastating the Universe? And did Zamasu ever happen to visit Planet Vampa during his long crusade to purge the cosmos of all that is impure?

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:11 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Am I recalling wrong?
Black stated that he had already wiped out countless mortal civilizations before coming to Earth and Fused Zamasu stated that Project Zero Mortals would be completed with the eradication of all remaining life on the planet.

Which begs the questions: What was Broly doing while Zamasu was devastating the Universe? And did Zamasu ever happen to visit Planet Vampa during his long crusade to purge the cosmos of all that is impure?
He was probably still stuck on planet Vampa, lol.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Also an idea, why even bother Broly in Trunk’s timeline. I assume by that time. Paragus was long dead and Broly was just surviving. I assume by even Trunk’s Timeline, Broly was at least Ssj god+ level. Which probably made Black/Zamasu afraid of him. Before Black fought Goku, he was somewhere between ssj3 levels to Super Buu level. So why even risk it?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:36 pm

As far as i remember he never had real battle against anyone before and while pretty strong, at the start of fight against base Vegeta he wasn't doing very well and he probably didn't use that much power before anyway since he had no reason to. I'm not sure if it's enough to say he was above anyone in DBZ. At least he didn't release so much power before he actually arrived on Earth. Still bs because someone should sense him much sooner.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:41 am

Well, I suppose (my "headcanon" if you will) that planet Vampa's unique atmosphere somehow works as a shield that isolates ki in some manner; hey, maybe that's why Paragus's spaceship broke down.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:43 am

Rubens wrote:Well, I suppose (my "headcanon" if you will) that planet Vampa's unique atmosphere somehow works as a shield that isolates ki in some manner; hey, maybe that's why Paragus's spaceship broke down.
Paragus' ship broke down because he crashed into the side of a mountain and cracked his floaty part of the ship

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 am

Well he was very powerful at the beginning of the movie, but he was still more or less on par with base Vegeta at the beginning, and base Vegeta is most likely not even as strong as the Fat Buu was. I say Fat Buu because Goku’s power as a Super Saiyan 3 could be felt even on Supreme Kai’s planet, while Gohan’s power level when he was training there couldn’t.
Broly could be the same case. He was probably too far away to be sensed, and he probably never used his full power because Paragus blocked him.
Now at the end of the movie Broly has gotten stronger and doesn’t have the neck thing anymore, so Goku can sense him especially if he focuses into finding him.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:My guess is that Paragus made sure Broly's power didn't get out of control and wouldn't give on any noticeable Ki signatures that would give away his and his son's location for their own safety.
While Paragus does keep Broly under control, I doubt he didn't want Broly to raise his power to avoid detection, since Paragus did want to be found.

Either way, Vampa is an isolated planet, it's even pointed out a few times in the movie, think it's also said there isn't much life in that galaxy, so finding Broly would be pretty complicated.
Rubens wrote:Well, I suppose (my "headcanon" if you will) that planet Vampa's unique atmosphere somehow works as a shield that isolates ki in some manner; hey, maybe that's why Paragus's spaceship broke down.
The ship crash landed, that's why it didn't work anymore, and the planet's atmosphere doesn't do anything with ki since Goku was able to find Broly.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:My guess is that Paragus made sure Broly's power didn't get out of control and wouldn't give on any noticeable Ki signatures that would give away his and his son's location for their own safety.
This is probably the most reasonable explanation for this. Paragus didn't allow Broly to exert himself that much, because if he did, he would have gotten out of control and their position would be compromised. This works more than trying to downplay Broly's strength to being Buu arc levels, when that clearly isn't' the case.