How Come Broly Was Never Detected By Anyone Up Until Now?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How Come Broly Was Never Detected By Anyone Up Until Now?

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:My guess is that Paragus made sure Broly's power didn't get out of control and wouldn't give on any noticeable Ki signatures that would give away his and his son's location for their own safety.
This is probably the most reasonable explanation for this. Paragus didn't allow Broly to exert himself that much, because if he did, he would have gotten out of control and their position would be compromised. This works more than trying to downplay Broly's strength to being Buu arc levels, when that clearly isn't' the case.
It clearly isn't the case after a few minutes of fighting, but the second he started he was getting beat up by base Vegeta, who may not have even been going all out. So if we assume that very initial power he showed that was below base Vegeta, was his previous max power, then it's possible for him to be upper Buu arc level.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:16 am

Shin presumably only went to inhabitable planets during the ToP recruitment and other than there would be no reason for Broly to be detected by anyone. And the only reason he did was because of the distress signal so that implies only Freeza force equipment could have detected him. Cheelai and Lemo we're about to leave remember they didn't detect any power initially.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:05 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:My guess is that Paragus made sure Broly's power didn't get out of control and wouldn't give on any noticeable Ki signatures that would give away his and his son's location for their own safety.
This is probably the most reasonable explanation for this. Paragus didn't allow Broly to exert himself that much, because if he did, he would have gotten out of control and their position would be compromised. This works more than trying to downplay Broly's strength to being Buu arc levels, when that clearly isn't' the case.
It clearly isn't the case after a few minutes of fighting, but the second he started he was getting beat up by base Vegeta, who may not have even been going all out. So if we assume that very initial power he showed that was below base Vegeta, was his previous max power, then it's possible for him to be upper Buu arc level.
I mean, I think Base Vegeta this late in the series is dramatically stronger than anything in the Buu arc, so if Broly can compete with him he isn't around Buu arc levels.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:25 pm

PFM18 wrote: I mean, I think Base Vegeta this late in the series is dramatically stronger than anything in the Buu arc, so if Broly can compete with him he isn't around Buu arc levels.
Maybe, but for all we know base Vegeta wasn't going all out at first, and he was beating him pretty good to start off with. I would say current base Goku and Vegeta are around Buuhan to ssj Vegito level. So I basically do think they can beat anyone in Z with just their base, and Broly would too, I'm just not sure his starting power level would be automatically above all of them.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:59 am

Could ask the same thing about Freeza when he was training. Possibly even Tagoma in the Super anime since he was maybe as strong as Ultimate Gohan (depending on exactly what the statement from Gohan meant).

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 am

NewKakarot wrote:My guess for an in-universe explanation is that he couldn't be sensed because he was never really using his full power while in Planetoid Vampa. I doubt he was ever using all of his strength while training and whatnot. His hidden strength doesn't seem to be unleashed until the fights on Earth.
That and probably somewhere so remote that nobody even bothered to try sensing out in that direction. Goku only searched there because he knew he was out there.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
PFM18 wrote: I mean, I think Base Vegeta this late in the series is dramatically stronger than anything in the Buu arc, so if Broly can compete with him he isn't around Buu arc levels.
Maybe, but for all we know base Vegeta wasn't going all out at first, and he was beating him pretty good to start off with. I would say current base Goku and Vegeta are around Buuhan to ssj Vegito level. So I basically do think they can beat anyone in Z with just their base, and Broly would too, I'm just not sure his starting power level would be automatically above all of them.
If he wasn't going all out in Base, why would he go SSJ shortly after? Why wouldn't he just power-up into his Base's max power? It seemed SSJ was necessary almost immediately, and doesn't leave room for Vegeta to start off suppressed in Base.

I think we just have very different beliefs as far as where current Goku and Vegeta stand. If we were talking about RoF Base Goku and Vegeta, I would agree that they were between Buuhan and SSJ Vegetto. However, to me, current Goku and Vegeta are a different story.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 pm

PFM18 wrote: If he wasn't going all out in Base, why would he go SSJ shortly after? Why wouldn't he just power-up into his Base's max power? It seemed SSJ was necessary almost immediately, and doesn't leave room for Vegeta to start off suppressed in Base.
I assume Vegeta got more serious as the fight went on, and when he felt his base power wasn't enough he went ssj. I don't think Vegeta ever actually went all out serious mode in any of his forms though, until he fought with Goku as a SSB. He was more or less playing around with Broly. Goku was the only one who was truly fighting to the best of his abilities, keeping up with great ape power Broly in base for a few seconds, then matching him with ssj even though SSG Vegeta's punch didn't even phase him.
I think we just have very different beliefs as far as where current Goku and Vegeta stand. If we were talking about RoF Base Goku and Vegeta, I would agree that they were between Buuhan and SSJ Vegetto. However, to me, current Goku and Vegeta are a different story.
Is there any reason to believe they are more than a few times stronger than they were in RoF? You said you don't think the Broly movie fits continuity wise with the anime, so any scaling from the anime based off of things like kaioken shouldn't be applied, so really all we know is they are stronger to an unkown degree in the Broly movie.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 am

dragon boss z wrote:I assume Vegeta got more serious as the fight went on, and when he felt his base power wasn't enough he went ssj. I don't think Vegeta ever actually went all out serious mode in any of his forms though, until he fought with Goku as a SSB. He was more or less playing around with Broly. Goku was the only one who was truly fighting to the best of his abilities, keeping up with great ape power Broly in base for a few seconds, then matching him with ssj even though SSG Vegeta's punch didn't even phase him.
I guess this works as a decent explanation for Goku's performance compared to Vegeta, but I think they just portrayed it poorly and wanted to make Goku cycle through the forms just like Vegeta did. Of course, this is an out-of-universe explanation though. I think ultimately it appeared that Vegeta didn't advance into the next form until he needed to.
s there any reason to believe they are more than a few times stronger than they were in RoF? You said you don't think the Broly movie fits continuity wise with the anime, so any scaling from the anime based off of things like kaioken shouldn't be applied, so really all we know is they are stronger to an unkown degree in the Broly movie.
It doesn't completely fit in the anime continuity, but that's only because the movie tries to fit both continuities. It still ultimately corroborates the anime to some extent, but can't completely fit the anime or risk alienating the manga's continuity or vice versa. But this story doesn't just appear out of midair, we have to rationalize the events of Super with one of the continuities, and I choose to use the anime. In the anime, it certainly appeared to be a dozen or two times of difference at least from RoF to now.