Is It Possible For A Power Ball To Forcibly Turn A Tailess-Saiyan Into A Great Ape?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Is It Possible For A Power Ball To Forcibly Turn A Tailess-Saiyan Into A Great Ape?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Can the same technique Vegeta used to turn into a Great Ape be overloaded to the point that when mixing with the Earth's atmosphere, this hypothetical over-charged Power Ball could at the very least theoretically, allow a Saiyan without a tail, to turn into a Great Ape, similar in concept to the Blutz Wave Generator from Dragon Ball GT?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Is It Possible For A Power Ball To Forcibly Turn A Tailess-Saiyan Into A Great Ape?

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 pm

The power ball created by Vegeta simulated moonlight and hence, the specific wavelength of light that Saiyans absorb from their pupils to trigger the glands in their tails, which release a hormone to cause them to become Oozaru. Bulma's machine, shot a lot of these blutz waves at a very high intensity directly at Vegeta whereas a powerball is pretty low intensity and radiates in all directions, not focused on one person. Without a tail, there's less glands so it requires a lot more blutz waves. Normally, it's 17 million zeno units, so I would say at least 1000x the original amount for tailless saiyans.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Is It Possible For A Power Ball To Forcibly Turn A Tailess-Saiyan Into A Great Ape?

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:42 am

If we go strictly by what is established in Z, then no, as the transformation requires both the light and the tail, with the light triggering something within the tail to force the transformation. Without that something, logically no amount of light would allow the transformation. It'd be like someone without eyes trying to see light. No matter how bright that light is, the individual lacks the necessary biological components to make it happen.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:23 pm

Power ball is meant to replicate natural requirement for transformation, while machine is artifical method that forces transformation on your body to the point where you grow tail as Oozaru but you lose it when transformation is over. I think power ball wouldn't work this way, you'd still need a tail even if it was stronger ball. With power ball your body absorbs waves when you look at moon, but with Bulma's machine your body gets blasted directly. Bulma's machine also had healing powers which i don't think natural waves had, correct me if i'm wrong.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta