So are we supposed to believe Kikono and Berryblue were also active during Resurrection 'F'?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

So are we supposed to believe Kikono and Berryblue were also active during Resurrection 'F'?

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 pm

They are situated on positions of extreme importance to the Frieza Army YET weren't around Sorbet when he was in throne? Nor mentioned by Frieza when he claimed his army was only consist of Sorbet when he offered Vegeta to be the commander of his yet to be formed forces?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: So are we supposed to believe Kikono and Berryblue were also active during Resurrection 'F'?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:07 pm

Freeza's Empire was pretty vast, they could've just been chilling on one of his many worlds until they learned that he had truly returned.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Re: So are we supposed to believe Kikono and Berryblue were also active during Resurrection 'F'?

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 pm

theherodjl wrote:Freeza's Empire was pretty vast, they could've just been chilling on one of his many worlds until they learned that he had truly returned.
They had 4 months to do so, it only took Frieza a few days to reach from where he trained with Tagoma ALL THE WAY to Earth, and only a matter of minutes (or an hour at worst case) to reach his minions who gathered the 7 Dragon Balls on Earth in the DBS: Broly movie FROM THE DEPTHS OF SPACE.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:They had 4 months to do so, it only took Frieza a few days to reach from where he trained with Tagoma ALL THE WAY to Earth, and only a matter of minutes (or an hour at worst case) to reach his minions who gathered the 7 Dragon Balls on Earth in the DBS: Broly movie FROM THE DEPTHS OF SPACE.
And that means they're always ready to be at Freeza's side as quickly as possible? Imagine they retired when Freeza died and decided not to return until after the ToP when Freeza could rule his empire full-time once more?

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:42 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:They had 4 months to do so, it only took Frieza a few days to reach from where he trained with Tagoma ALL THE WAY to Earth, and only a matter of minutes (or an hour at worst case) to reach his minions who gathered the 7 Dragon Balls on Earth in the DBS: Broly movie FROM THE DEPTHS OF SPACE.
And that means they're always ready to be at Freeza's side as quickly as possible? Imagine they retired when Freeza died and decided not to return until after the ToP when Freeza could rule his empire full-time once more?
If they'd ever defuncted and return to his service don't you think it was brought up during their scenes (after the ToP) with him?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:25 pm

I'm pretty sure Berryblue was the one who raised Freeza so he probably didnt want her to be on Earth for the invasion.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:If they'd ever defuncted and return to his service don't you think it was brought up during their scenes (after the ToP) with him?
How do you know that is already hasn't? Most of the business that Freeza dealt in rallying his empire back into order has occurred offscreen and IIRC, the film takes place months after the ToP so there's a lot of space for unseen events to go down and not be directly addressed by the time of the movie.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:If they'd ever defuncted and return to his service don't you think it was brought up during their scenes (after the ToP) with him?
How do you know that is already hasn't? Most of the business that Freeza dealt in rallying his empire back into order has occurred offscreen and IIRC, the film takes place months after the ToP so there's a lot of space for unseen events to go down and not be directly addressed by the time of the movie.
Giving information about characters early on or via "late introduction" is part of good storytelling, we are just seeing these 2 for the first time ever with Frieza after all the Frieza Force events that took place since the (revised) Genocide of the Sayians and Resurrection 'F', if they wanted to fill in the blanks they could've inserted a line by Frieza commenting that "it's good to have them back in the Frieza Force" (hinting they've defuncted like others of the empire's leadership as described by Sorbet), or something that "explains" their absence ever since in both Z and Super.

Look at what was done with Sorbet and his men, we all saw them in Super episode 18 dealing with their falling apart empire, then in episode 19 after Frieza is revived and is in the medical machine Sorbet gives a "late introduction" for himself and for his men while conversing with Tagoma (he goes briefly to explain the collapse of the Frieza Force after the Battle on Namek) to explain to the audience where did he and the rest had "popped out from".

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:19 am

I believe the Freeza’s army members who appeared in RoF were only his remaining combatants, including Sorbet.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:05 pm

I believe that due to the fall of Freeza's Empire, multiple holdouts remained active even by his initial return in Resurrection F. Important characters in the Freeza Force, like Berryblue and Kikono, could have remained in sectors of the universe that were still under control, with Freeza himself requesting that they should enlarge the Freeza Force, no matter what.

This could have been his second plan. He only took Sorbe's forces on Earth and decided to let his top commanders handle the remnants of his Empire until he was back. I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't aware of Freeza's second death.
P O W E R

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:39 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:I believe that due to the fall of Freeza's Empire, multiple holdouts remained active even by his initial return in Resurrection F. Important characters in the Freeza Force, like Berryblue and Kikono, could have remained in sectors of the universe that were still under control, with Freeza himself requesting that they should enlarge the Freeza Force, no matter what.

This could have been his second plan. He only took Sorbe's forces on Earth and decided to let his top commanders handle the remnants of his Empire until he was back. I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't aware of Freeza's second death.
I don't think that is the case, but it may be because I don't like BRAND NEW characters poping out like mushrooms after the rain and syntetically attached to previously established lore/organization and of them knowing about things that were new to the plot until recent (like Kikono talking to Frieza about the Super Saiyan God just before Planet Vegeta's destruction). But let's say that if they indeed were active all those years and are key characters in the empire, I bet Sorbet would have updated them that he had managed to revive Frieza (Berryblue: "What about King Cold?", Sorbet: "No luck on that one"), and that they're heading towards Earth to "revenge" Frieza's first downfall, and then when they'd see that no contact had been made by either Sorbet nor Frieza for all this time that passed since the announcement about the attack on Earth was recieved, they'd figured out something must've went wrong again. But that's just wishful thinking by me.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 am

Green_Goblin wrote:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:I believe that due to the fall of Freeza's Empire, multiple holdouts remained active even by his initial return in Resurrection F. Important characters in the Freeza Force, like Berryblue and Kikono, could have remained in sectors of the universe that were still under control, with Freeza himself requesting that they should enlarge the Freeza Force, no matter what.

I don't think that is the case, but it may be because I don't like BRAND NEW characters poping out like mushrooms after the rain and syntetically attached to previously established lore/organization and of them knowing about things that were new to the plot until recent (like Kikono talking to Frieza about the Super Saiyan God just before Planet Vegeta's destruction). But let's say that if they indeed were active all those years and are key characters in the empire, I bet Sorbet would have updated them that he had managed to revive Frieza (Berryblue: "What about King Cold?", Sorbet: "No luck on that one"), and that they're heading towards Earth to "revenge" Frieza's first downfall, and then when they'd see that no contact had been made by either Sorbet nor Frieza for all this time that passed since the announcement about the attack on Earth was recieved, they'd figured out something must've went wrong again. But that's just wishful thinking by me.
I see your points. Well, Sorbet wasn't a very high-ranked member of the Force back in the pre-Namek days (I assume). After the first death of Freeza and Cold's murder by Trunks, he probably absorbed some forces for his own and proclaimed himself an individual of higher ranking. This is a very common thing in Empires. The survivors tend to proclaim temselves as leaders and in Sorbet's case, he just couldn't keep up with the falling Empire. Subsequently, he would never turn towards individuals of hih rank like Berryblue for assistance, because his ego wouldn't allow him too, plus the fact that he could be viewed as a traitor to the Remnant of the Force.

This led him to revive Freeza. The boss would acknowledge his servant as his savior (Sorbet was clearly being selfish) but Freeza had undergone extreme torture in Hell because of Goku. As such, he only focused in training for 4 months and with no one knowing of his return in the universe, he wouldn't have to fill his ruler role in the meantime. As such, he wouldn't even try to contact Berryblue of Kikono. He even wasted Sorbet's Forces on a reckless attack. That was his undoing, as he was ultimately killed again. After the ToP he chose not to engage in any battles and instead to re-build the Empire.
P O W E R