Is Pan ever referred to as Son Pan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Is Pan ever referred to as Son Pan?

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Do we have any reason to believe that is her name?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is Pan ever referred to as Son Pan?

Post by Shaddy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Probably not, Gohan and Videl seem to have forgone the whole surname thing.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Yet another tease from the forthcoming family name guide:
There is no evidence or documentation for Chi-Chi (Goku’s wife) or Pan (Goku’s granddaughter; Gohan’s daughter) taking on this family name. The Dragon Ball GT special showcases a home labeled with the “Son” family name, but even here Pan is never given this name. “Son Goku Jr.” is specifically noted as having been given said name in memory of the original Son Goku, however.

I feel like people have talked about some kind of card (Carddass or otherwise?) with "SON PAN" written out on it, but I have yet to come across this with my own eyes.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm

I don't remember her being ever called "Son Pan" but this DBGT TV special scene shows mailbox with Goku Jr's and Pan's faces drawn and labeled as "SON".
Since he lives with his grandma then "SON" has to refer to Pan as house owner.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta